Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

Tip us?
 
styckx
Old
#11  
styckx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1457
Posts: 2,806
Join Date: Sep 2010
Bought it a month ago to this day.. Still waiting for my first reboot.
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED
 
SayWhat10
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 2,409
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami
Default Re: I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick603 View Post
and I haven't seen many many many owners complaining of reboots after the latest update.
You obviously haven't read the reboot thread then, smh
 
Jms122589
Old
#13  
Jms122589's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 276
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Elk river MN
Default Re: I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

Used to have reboots all the time on 4.2.1... been pretty solid since 4.2.2... Wi-Fi drops like crazy tho on stock. I feel like when I was on cm10.1 Wi-Fi was generally solid so I'm thinking it's a combo of software and my schools some wat dodgy Wi-Fi... My iPad never experienced Wi-Fi issues that my android devices have here on campus but... That's the only good thing about those

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
 
derrick603
Old
#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10 View Post
You obviously haven't read the reboot thread then, smh
That's unfortunate, I wonder what they're doing differently from those who are seeing a massive improvement in reboots and crashes with 4.2.2.
 
Eddog4DROID
Old
#15  
Eddog4DROID's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 333
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Re: I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

Even with rebooting this is the best tablet out.

Sent from my One X using xda premium
 
Techie2012
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 310
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick603 View Post
Maybe something's wrong with your tablet? I used to get at least one reboot per day on 4.2.1, but haven't had any on 4.2.2 (received it on 2/14), and I haven't seen many many many owners complaining of reboots after the latest update.
I agree. I had many reboots prior to 4.2.2 but after the update I had zero reboots so far. Maybe something wrong with your unit or you got some bad **** installed in it.
 
SayWhat10
Old
(Last edited by SayWhat10; 20th February 2013 at 04:33 PM.)
#17  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 2,409
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techie2012 View Post
I agree. I had many reboots prior to 4.2.2 but after the update I had zero reboots so far. Maybe something wrong with your unit or you got some bad **** installed in it.
so everybody was experiencing reboots on 4.2.1,and nobody says its hardware. now 4.2.2 comes out and a few people reboots stop so NOW its a hardware problem? really?

definitely isnt apps, i basically run the same apps on my tablet that i run on my phone. phone has YET to reboot once. If an app is bad and causes a crash (i guess because of its code) it will crash on any device running the same android version right? because its an app problem and not hardware...

for example, list 5 android apps that are KNOWN without a doubt to cause a reboot
please dont say chrome because it only crashes on the nexus 10

in fact, list ONE bad **** app as you say that will cause a reboot across any android device...

P.S. i think that an app causing a device to reboot is still the fault of an OS. i mean why reboot the whole device? why not jus crash the faulty app instead?
 
derrick603
Old
#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jan 2013
Well, I guess I spoke too soon (or jinxed myself) but I got my first post-update reboot this morning. Once per week is still much better than at least one per day, but there's still work to do it seems.
 
espionage724
Old
#19  
espionage724's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 505
Posts: 2,501
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleroi, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10 View Post
so everybody was experiencing reboots on 4.2.1,and nobody says its hardware. now 4.2.2 comes out and a few people reboots stop so NOW its a hardware problem? really?

definitely isnt apps, i basically run the same apps on my tablet that i run on my phone. phone has YET to reboot once. If an app is bad and causes a crash (i guess because of its code) it will crash on any device running the same android version right? because its an app problem and not hardware...

for example, list 5 android apps that are KNOWN without a doubt to cause a reboot
please dont say chrome because it only crashes on the nexus 10

in fact, list ONE bad **** app as you say that will cause a reboot across any android device...

P.S. i think that an app causing a device to reboot is still the fault of an OS. i mean why reboot the whole device? why not jus crash the faulty app instead?
Or, maybe it's the thing that the software communicates with to interact with hardware (drivers)?

Lets say I have a desktop. I run a 3D-intensive app on it. My computer locks up and reboots. The app can be coded to be 100% perfect, and the hardware can be 100% flawless, but if the driver is flawed, then it wouldn't matter how perfect the software and hardware is.


Device Ownership:
 

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
 
SayWhat10
Old
#20  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 2,409
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
Or, maybe it's the thing that the software communicates with to interact with hardware (drivers)?

Lets say I have a desktop. I run a 3D-intensive app on it. My computer locks up and reboots. The app can be coded to be 100% perfect, and the hardware can be 100% flawless, but if the driver is flawed, then it wouldn't matter how perfect the software and hardware is.
well cool but that still eliminates the app as being the culprit of reboots as a lot of people like to suggest

so thats still an OS problem and not hardware. which means useless to send in back because i have a "bad unit"

still waiting on people to tell me apps that will get me a reboot

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes