FAQ - README FIRST!
It was formally known as PacKing BeatZ which was based on PACman rom.
What is KingBeatZ Audio?
Audio files and APPS compiled by me directly from my rom minus a few prebuilt from leak Sense JB.
In short, it's made to work. No bs.
What's the difference between this and the other KingBeatZ?
This is fully built from sauce with PACman as its base but with many modifications. Basically it supersedes it.
Linaro toolchain 4.6.3 and and 4.7.1
Custom made audio base
Optimization from the base up O3 mod
Modified DSPManager aka BeaTz Manager
OK I GOT IT...But Why use your ROM you're just a kanger or so they say
LOL check out my credit page. I don't kang. I just simply do so much to keep track of it all. Don't believe me? OK, I don't care. I made this mod for people who truly enjoy a real audio experience. Go join the other white knights.
Go make your own rom!
Join the club. There's a line though. While waiting please refer to the answer above - thanks again. It might take you a long time to comprehend it. No worries you'll get there in no time.
Where is the dmn source - Under Heavy Development - Why?
I'm doing this by myself so I'm figuring out how to completely setup the repo so people can build this for other devices - hopefully....
Btw if you took this seriously or was offended, well I don't know what to say minus take a deep breath and relax .
LPA aka low power audio reduces the audio quality for power consumption.
For some phones, inserting that line might cause issue. Like I said, this is experimental. It haven't been tested that many times.
For the phones that I have tested it on S3, N7, HOXL, and SR it works perfectly fine. (I'm not talking about the line "lpa.decode=false.")
For now here are the results
DO NOT ADD "lpa.decode=false"
Added "lpa.decode=false" and "af.resampler.quality=34"
S2SR - Stock JB Leak/AOSP
Change "lpa.decode=true" to "lpa.decode=false"
Change "lpa.decode=true" to "lpa.decode=false"
Due to the nature of BeatZ, this will not work on certain players
However, it will work on the following
(Highly recommend if the above is not preferred)
DONT HAVE ANY OTHER AUDIO MODS!!!
LOOK INTO YOUR BUILD.PROP AND FIND THE LINE "lpa.decode=true" change it to "lpa.decode=false"
ADD THIS LINE 'af.resampler.quality=34" if it has 255 change that ****.
Why? I'll tell you why... It doesn't work. It might say forcing blah blah to 255 but in reality doesn't do ****.
Now after you have done the following.
Download if you haven't downloaded already the mod.
Reboot to recovery wipe cache and dalvik
Wipe Cache and dalvik
Reboot and enjoy
KINGBeaTZ AUDIO BETA 3.0.8
KINGBeaTZ AUDIO BETA 3.0.6
KINGBeaTZ AUDIO BETA 3.0.4
KINGBeaTZ AUDIO BETA 3.0.3 Evolved Edition
KINGBeaTZ AUDIO BETA 3.0.3
KINGBeaTZ AUDIO BETA 3.0.2
KINGBeaTZ AUDIO BETA 2.0.9
KINGBeaTZ AUDIO BETA 2.0.8
Universal KingBeatZ Audio Mod
CAUTION HIGH RESOLUTION PICS
Have fun with them, BUT DO NOT HAVE VOLUME at MAX if it's your first time with this mod.
Be very careful with compression - it can be your best friend or worst enemy
Virtualizer is quite useless
For equalizer - I use Unique
Want to give me a little something extra for my work in this mod? Here is my paypal linked gmail. email@example.com Put that as the recipient if you wish to donate. Much appreciated.
- Full Linaro 4.7.3 compiled That means apps and libs
- O3 Flags
- 96kHz Audio Processing
- 24 bit Audio
- No more sudden audio booming on track change due to compression
- Super High Quality Dithering
- Graphite Optimization
- BeatZ back
- New Apollo
- New custom libs and audio effects
- New prop build tweak
- Recompiled everything with true GCC 4.7
- Took out Apollo for now
- Recompiled everything with GCC 4.7
- Edit init.d script to auto change lpa.decode to false and af.resampler.quality to 34
- Added framework and permissions for MusicFx to work finally
- Added Inverted Google Music from justin
- Fixed update script - should work properly
- Dropped DSP Manager
- SRS effects built-in
- Change Audio Effect setup
- Re-added AudioFX widgets - SYSTEM WIDE NOW
- Added MusicFX - 10 band sweetness! Might not show on all phones - Change your dpi/go landscape mode
- Presets are messed up due to 5 more additional bands - Deal with it for now
- Re-added old ALSA files from rezound mod
- Enable ALSA drivers for audio
- Created 99kingbeatz init.d for ALSA
- 01-22-13 Final
- Delete Obsolete libs
- Recompiled SoX
- Symlinked for audio control
- Skinned Apollo - Light Holo
- Skinned BeatZ Icon - Holo
- 01-17-13 v2
- Fixed some issues with libs/delete bin files from previous version
- Added SRC
- Auto Delete DSPmanager and Apollo
- Updated to the latest base
- Finally got my custom libs to compile (Linaro 4.7 GCC Optimized)
- Refaced BeaTz Manger
- Process audio to 48kHz for low-end phones
- Added New Equalizer presets
- Skinned BeatZ
- Alpha - Based of unreleased KingBeatZ v1.1.0
Credits and Thanks:
- ZeroInfinity for his original mod http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1692233
- Mike on XDA for being my guinea pig and making this OP. I'm far too lazy to do it.
- The HOXL testers
- ChongoDroid - For providing a de-odex JB Sense
- And whoever I missed, I apologize. Please PM ME