Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HBoot Mod] Remove red text from splash screen, Remove Tampered Text!

Tip us?

KitWasHere
Old
(Last edited by KitWasHere; 22nd February 2013 at 02:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 51
Currently downloading the correct file

That 4shared thing was kind of a bitch to uninstall, fair warning to all others going this route. SKIP THE FIRST DL LINK IN THIS THREAD http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1814217

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Awesome, everything worked great! S-On, Hboot1.09, ***LOCKED***, Tampered is gone and no blank spot!

jbm76
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Does it have to be the 2.20 RUU when removing tampered or can it be any RUU?
Phone:
-Current-
HTC One M8 - InsertCoin 3.0.8 | 1.54.401.10 | Android 4.4.2 & Sense 6
-Retired-
HTC One XL, HTC Desire
Tablet:
-Current-
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) SM-P605 - XXUCNF2 - 4.4.2 - ★★xKat v4.0★★
-Retired-
Acer Iconia A500

Viper4713
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Thank you! This worked great, I used RUU method and when that was done I used method 2 to make my self a custom HBOOT 1.09, for some reason I thought this RUU would put HBOOT 2.14 on the phone but I was wrong, it put the HBOOT 1.14 on the phone, this method was easy and everything can be easily restored

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm76 View Post
Does it have to be the 2.20 RUU when removing tampered or can it be any RUU?
I recommend just using the 2.20 RUU because whatever it does your going to probably remove it anyways
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper4713 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jelly Nugget
Old
Thanks Meter 4
if i would flash the 2.20 RUU will i lose root?? or since im s-off i can do anything
HTC m8
Multiple ROMS
TWRP 2.7.0.2
h-boot:3.16.0.0000
s-off-SuperCID

blaz1nr
Old
Thanks Meter 1044
The RUU resets everything in bootloader/recovery.So after you have acheived s-off, when you run the RUU it still think's security is active and releases the watermark and flags. This will also keep super CID as with no security = no change back. I figured this out building things for the evo 4g way way back.I was surprised to it reposted several times everywhere. Some have claimed no need to relock before RUU but i dont see that as possible,since RUU checks bootloader. <<<<<<<<<<<<-PLEASE READ OP>>>>>>>>>> liamstears has the exact method perfectly laid out for you. DO NOT BYPASS/ALTER ANY STEPS. READ then READ again,you will need to re-install recovery and custom rom or root.Done correctly nothing will happen but you doing the happy dance.

"Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep, to the very toes he trembles, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins....."
This might be your dream,but it's my RULES!
The Following User Says Thank You to blaz1nr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

liamstears
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1493

DONATE TO ME
All my posts have been updated to include the 1.14 hboot
UK HTC One XL 32gb - Venom ViperXL!

One XL Venom Theme Animation

Sensation Venom Theme Animation
Sensation Theme Animation
DHD Theme Animation
Old Thread - XDA Forum Link

Please Donate $

My name is Liam Stears, username is liamstears, im not laim or liamsters or liamstars or limestears, please check you use my name right...
The Following User Says Thank You to liamstears For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shawnchalfant
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default I kind of like the tampered text!

I've done everything else except for tampered text. Personal I think it adds the hacked look to the bootloader, Rebel. Besides who is going to say "Hey can I see your bootloader". And to do the whole process over, no thanks. For all that have, congrats.

oppy
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Simple red text removal worked like a charm. Thanks!

Bones2374
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Default Re: [HBoot Mod] Remove red text from splash screen, Remove Tampered Text!

I totally agree with what you mean about following the process and not skipping any steps... And I've run the 1.85 RUU several times in the past (with S-ON) "to get a clean slate", if you will... and it always aborted and stopped at the beginning of the process if the phone wasn't oem-relocked.

Which is why I was totally shocked (with S-OFF) that 2.20 RUU ran to completion even though I had forgotten to oem-relock. And all seems well with my AT&T HOX. But yes, follow the process...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Bones2374 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

agbart
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5satellite2 View Post
Got an idea for Stealth mode:
S-off phone
Remove tampered and red text
Change s-off text to s-on
Change cid back to correct cid for your carrier
Relock phone

We should in theory be able to make the phone look like it is s-on, but still be s-off.

Sent from the HOXL dimension of S-OFF
The only problem is when you relock the bootloader it says "Relocked" rather than "Locked". Well at least it did on mine when I tried it a minute ago.