FORUMS

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

[HBoot Mod] Remove red text from splash screen, Remove Tampered Text!

2,020 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,513
 
By liamstears, Senior Member on 19th February 2013, 09:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th February 2013, 12:01 AM |#71  
Member
Flag Nha Trang
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
yeah !!! i's done on Hboot 1.14 with 1.09 file ! tks u guys so much !!!
 
 
20th February 2013, 12:01 AM |#72  
grayfoxmg1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vero Beach, Fl
Thanks Meter: 606
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstears

weird, mine have gone... maybe custom splash needs to be flashed to remove it?

maybe it's because I was already on a custom splash? Irregardless it's causing no issues and the ugly disclaimer is gone, so it is a success in my books. Now I just need to find a way to change my tampered, unlocked, and s-off flags.
20th February 2013, 12:02 AM |#73  
liamstears's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 1,513
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfoxmg1

maybe it's because I was already on a custom splash? Irregardless it's causing no issues and the ugly disclaimer is gone, so it is a success in my books. Now I just need to find a way to change my tampered, unlocked, and s-off flags.

Coming soon
20th February 2013, 12:02 AM |#74  
Senior Member
Flag Howell, NJ
Thanks Meter: 438
 
More
I take it that there are no major differences between 1.09 with s-off and 2.14 with s-off?
20th February 2013, 12:04 AM |#75  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstears

This can be flashed on any HBoot and can be used to easily downgrade hboot.

are you saying if I'm on hboot 2.14 and decides to flash the zip in the 1st post, I'll be on a lower hboot once my phone restarts? thanks
20th February 2013, 12:06 AM |#76  
RollTribe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 733
 
More
Re: [HBoot Mod] Remove red text from splash screen (Fastboot Downgrade!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjayviper

are you saying if I'm on hboot 2.14 and decides to flash the zip in the 1st post, I'll be on a lower hboot once my phone restarts? thanks

Correct
20th February 2013, 12:09 AM |#77  
area51avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 338
 
More
I am on hboot 1.11. I know hboot doesn't matter much anymore due to s-off, but is there any advantage or disadvantage to choosing the 1.09 install or the 2.14 install?
20th February 2013, 12:14 AM |#78  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
ran this
Code:
bash-3.2# ./fastboot-mac oem rebootRUU
... INFOStart Verify: 0
OKAY
bash-3.2# ./fastboot-mac flash zip RemoveText-2.14.zip 
sending 'zip' (398 KB)... OKAY
writing 'zip'... INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
INFOchecking model ID...
INFOchecking custom ID...
INFOstart image[hboot] unzipping & flushing...
INFO[RUU]UZ,hboot,0
INFO[RUU]UZ,hboot,100
INFO[RUU]WP,hboot,0
INFO[RUU]WP,hboot,100
INFO..... OK
OKAY
and now my screen looks like this: http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...ps77bb5f1b.jpg. It has been like this more more than 5-10 minutes.

is it ok to reboot? thanks
Last edited by mrjayviper; 20th February 2013 at 12:27 AM.
20th February 2013, 12:24 AM |#79  
KitWasHere's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by area51avenger

I am on hboot 1.11. I know hboot doesn't matter much anymore due to s-off, but is there any advantage or disadvantage to choosing the 1.09 install or the 2.14 install?

Also would like to know this, I'm running 1.14
20th February 2013, 12:27 AM |#80  
Senior Member
Flag Howell, NJ
Thanks Meter: 438
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjayviper

ran this

Code:
bash-3.2# ./fastboot-mac oem rebootRUU
... INFOStart Verify: 0
OKAY
bash-3.2# ./fastboot-mac flash zip RemoveText-2.14.zip 
sending 'zip' (398 KB)... OKAY
writing 'zip'... INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
INFOchecking model ID...
INFOchecking custom ID...
INFOstart image[hboot] unzipping & flushing...
INFO[RUU]UZ,hboot,0
INFO[RUU]UZ,hboot,100
INFO[RUU]WP,hboot,0
INFO[RUU]WP,hboot,100
INFO..... OK
OKAY
and now my screen looks like this: http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...ps77bb5f1b.jpg

is it ok to reboot? thanks

Yes, go ahead.
The Following User Says Thank You to NJGSII For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes