Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] wish to install cyanogen mod for spice mi 1010 (rk 3066)

Tip us?

giri91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 [Q] wish to install cyanogen mod for spice mi 1010 (rk 3066)

hello developers ! thanks for ur amazing work i keep my galaxy pop 5570 updated 4.2.1
i recently purchased spice mi 1010 which comes with 4.1.1 and i wish to make it customizable by cyanogen mod.
Searched the forum twice for my device and it wasnt there. if i had been careless pls route me there or help me with it.
i saw cwm for rk 3066 devices but my device was not listed in that.
1.What happens if i try that and my device gets bootloop ?
2.Can i extract the stock rom for future use?
thanks in advance

Jack Jake
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri91 View Post
thanks in advance
1. you can always go back to stock, or if you have a nandroid ready, you can restore it
2. i dont understand your question, what do you mean by "extract stock rom"?
If i helped you, be a good Android and thank me, unlike those sour Applers out there
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Jake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

giri91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Jake View Post
1. you can always go back to stock, or if you have a nandroid ready, you can restore it
2. i dont understand your question, what do you mean by "extract stock rom"?
Thanku jack
Can u explain me how to install cwm to spice mi 1010 or can u redirect me where the steps are.....

Jack Jake
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Thanku jack
Can u explain me how to install cwm to spice mi 1010 or can u redirect me where the steps are.....
okay first of all you need root (of course)
1.download ROM Manager from play store.
2. open and grant if it asks for root access
3. select "Recovery Setup<Then "Install Or Update Recovery" and select ClockworkMod
4. choose your device name
5.if its not there press "Device Not listed above"
6.Press "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
7. wait for it to flash
8. Done
now go ahead and FIRST make a backup
If i helped you, be a good Android and thank me, unlike those sour Applers out there
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Jake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RaviS1010
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default mod on spice 1010

Quote:
hello developers ! thanks for ur amazing work i keep my galaxy pop 5570 updated 4.2.1
i recently purchased spice mi 1010 which comes with 4.1.1 and i wish to make it customizable by cyanogen mod.
Searched the forum twice for my device and it wasnt there. if i had been careless pls route me there or help me with it.
i saw cwm for rk 3066 devices but my device was not listed in that.
thanks in advance
Hi Giri,

could you mod your Spice Mi 1010 tab ? I also purchased one and would eventually like to run Ubuntu on it... Thanks.

giri91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviS1010 View Post
Hi Giri,

could you mod your Spice Mi 1010 tab ? I also purchased one and would eventually like to run Ubuntu on it... Thanks.
wat jack said seems to be working but i didnt try still coz very busy in job! shd try soon

RaviS1010
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default steps

Quote:
wat jack said seems to be working but i didnt try still coz very busy in job! shd try soon
ok, please let me know when you are done. I also tried jack's steps. But at step 6 it asks me whether i have installed the clockworkmod recovery
manually. And ofcourse i have not. So stuck at that. Is this because i have not yet rooted my device. ? Do u know how to root this device. Is the process generic?

elisha13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Stuck at the same point.. all the root softwares are useless out there. Tried all possible methods but to no avail.
the clockwork recovery mod says the device has one recovery installed and i tried to boot into it with no success. Aren't there any solutions for these as this is a great tab for around 10K.

utk787
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooting is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisha13 View Post
Stuck at the same point.. all the root softwares are useless out there. Tried all possible methods but to no avail.
the clockwork recovery mod says the device has one recovery installed and i tried to boot into it with no success. Aren't there any solutions for these as this is a great tab for around 10K.
goto technotweet . com and see the blog how-to-root-spice-stellar-pad-mi-1010 (i don't know why google is not showing this in search result
can't post link as i am new
Follow the steps provided in 2 links on this page one by one.
I have followed the procedure and rooted my spice mi 1010 successfully

RaviS1010
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by utk787 View Post
goto technotweet . com and see the blog how-to-root-spice-stellar-pad-mi-1010 (i don't know why google is not showing this in search result
can't post link as i am new
Follow the steps provided in 2 links on this page one by one.
I have followed the procedure and rooted my spice mi 1010 successfully
I could root the Spice Mi 1010 according to the instructions. Now what ? the clockworkmod recovery needs to be installed manually ?