[Q] s-off

23rd February 2013, 06:05 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2,821

8,425 posts
More
Re: [Q] s-off
Just saw a user named lime, something in general section. He already has the device and his is S-off (he works for a mobile phone company, I guess). I would think having S-off, or maybe even ENG hboot available for dump would help greatly toward S-off. Evo lte got S-off months ago, and every hboot update since then revolutionary has been able to crack. Now the HOX and DNA and One S just got S-off yesterday. I'd say it's pretty likely.

From my Evo LTE, yup.
24th February 2013, 04:36 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 309

1,162 posts
Re: [Q] s-off
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686

I hope it is S-off

Lol.
24th February 2013, 10:32 AM   |  #13  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 96

922 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74

Just saw a user named lime, something in general section. He already has the device and his is S-off (he works for a mobile phone company, I guess). I would think having S-off, or maybe even ENG hboot available for dump would help greatly toward S-off. Evo lte got S-off months ago, and every hboot update since then revolutionary has been able to crack. Now the HOX and DNA and One S just got S-off yesterday. I'd say it's pretty likely.

From my Evo LTE, yup.

I fDNA got it then i see no reason why HTC ONE wont? its the same architecture chips on both..One is slightly overclocked thats it.
24th February 2013, 02:12 PM   |  #14  
Flag West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods, USA
Thanks Meter: 53

404 posts
More
I know that as soon as devs get their hands on it, the work will start on getting S-Off. But asking when is the same as asking when (fill in the blank) ROM will be released/ updated - No one can tell you because no one knows how long it will take. Also, there are no professionals doing this - They all have day jobs and this type of dev work is a hobby that people enjoy doing and they're not on a schedule.

It will happen when it does and I'll be fine with stock rooted for starters myself.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread