Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,844 Members 51,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] s-off

Tip us?

scottspa74
Old
Thanks Meter 2792
Default Re: [Q] s-off

Just saw a user named lime, something in general section. He already has the device and his is S-off (he works for a mobile phone company, I guess). I would think having S-off, or maybe even ENG hboot available for dump would help greatly toward S-off. Evo lte got S-off months ago, and every hboot update since then revolutionary has been able to crack. Now the HOX and DNA and One S just got S-off yesterday. I'd say it's pretty likely.

From my Evo LTE, yup.
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all

xchasa
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Default Re: [Q] s-off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
I hope it is S-off
Lol.

ethan3686
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74 View Post
Just saw a user named lime, something in general section. He already has the device and his is S-off (he works for a mobile phone company, I guess). I would think having S-off, or maybe even ENG hboot available for dump would help greatly toward S-off. Evo lte got S-off months ago, and every hboot update since then revolutionary has been able to crack. Now the HOX and DNA and One S just got S-off yesterday. I'd say it's pretty likely.

From my Evo LTE, yup.
I fDNA got it then i see no reason why HTC ONE wont? its the same architecture chips on both..One is slightly overclocked thats it.

WA_Bob
Old
Thanks Meter 50
I know that as soon as devs get their hands on it, the work will start on getting S-Off. But asking when is the same as asking when (fill in the blank) ROM will be released/ updated - No one can tell you because no one knows how long it will take. Also, there are no professionals doing this - They all have day jobs and this type of dev work is a hobby that people enjoy doing and they're not on a schedule.

It will happen when it does and I'll be fine with stock rooted for starters myself.
May the forest be with you!