Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HTC One Camera - Video Recording

OP germanojose

20th February 2013, 04:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Anyone could test the video stabilization, because Im seeing a lot of video on youtube and the fps broke sometimes.

These are the videos:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UJPbW-v-Ik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPs5M93fhfs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y75_J...4zslug&index=1

Even in the presentation the fps stucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLjBbK4rxAo

Sorry my English. Im from Brazil
Last edited by germanojose; 20th February 2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Fix videos.
20th February 2013, 05:57 AM   |  #2  
demo27vol1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag University of California, Riverside
Thanks Meter: 65
 
321 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanojose

Anyone could test the video stabilization, because Im seeing a lot of video on youtube and the fps broke sometimes.

These are the videos:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UJPbW-v-Ik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPs5M93fhfs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y75_J...4zslug&index=1

Even in the presentation the fps stucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLjBbK4rxAo

Sorry my English. Im from Brazil


Isnt recording in 1080p HDR only like 28fps? Maybe that's the problem.
20th February 2013, 11:01 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 156
 
426 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by demo27vol1

Isnt recording in 1080p HDR only like 28fps? Maybe that's the problem.


That's not the problem. 28fps is plenty enough for smooth motion. The video recording just sucks in general on HTC phones. Even the official "two girls walking into sunlight and then turning back to smile" video is jerky and not completely smooth. HTC is claiming they have OIS, but I don't see any evidence of it at all. In fact, disregarding jerkiness, the video just really really sucks. The colors are completely off and overly red and gaudy. The motion of objects in the video have a nauseatingly awkward movement to them. The details and colors are all smeared looking and cartoonified. It doesn't look natural or real at all. All these issues are evident in the HTC One X, Sensation, Desire HD, etc. They are not unique to the HTC One. I've been bitching about how terrible HTC's video recording is for years now, and even now in 2013 it's still the same old crap.
20th February 2013, 11:08 AM   |  #4  
ethan3686's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 103
 
959 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Guys it could be that its the demo unit..The retail unit might have everything fixed..Lets wait and watch.
20th February 2013, 11:19 AM   |  #5  
jonas2295's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 2,504
 
4,934 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Donate to Me
More
added to the mega info thread!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post38231188
The Following User Says Thank You to jonas2295 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 02:54 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Re: HTC One Camera - Video Recording
I think its a problem of build because i had a Desire HD and when I installed the rom from sabsa prime, the latest, the cmera is working without loosing fps and on Endeavoru I just changed the build.prop configuration and the issue minimized. I'll be waiting the custom rom to see this fix.

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 04:03 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 122
 
993 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katamari201

That's not the problem. 28fps is plenty enough for smooth motion. The video recording just sucks in general on HTC phones. Even the official "two girls walking into sunlight and then turning back to smile" video is jerky and not completely smooth. HTC is claiming they have OIS, but I don't see any evidence of it at all. In fact, disregarding jerkiness, the video just really really sucks. The colors are completely off and overly red and gaudy. The motion of objects in the video have a nauseatingly awkward movement to them. The details and colors are all smeared looking and cartoonified. It doesn't look natural or real at all. All these issues are evident in the HTC One X, Sensation, Desire HD, etc. They are not unique to the HTC One. I've been bitching about how terrible HTC's video recording is for years now, and even now in 2013 it's still the same old crap.

Call me inept, but I would blame that on the Filmer, it isn't very noticeable to me. Looks roughly the same as other OEMs.
21st February 2013, 12:43 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Another video, same problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weSY1tolEKA
21st February 2013, 04:57 PM   |  #9  
reddragon72's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston, because I have a problem
Thanks Meter: 290
 
1,321 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Those vids could be early software design.

On my epic 4g touch I get crappy video with AOSP and great video with the stock rom. My AOSP vids look like these vids being posted which is simply due to un-optimized codecs for the processor.

I'm sure this wont be the case with the final builds.
21st February 2013, 07:52 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Flag noida
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
HTC is claiming that the UltraPixel camera on the HTC One will be able to capture 300 percent more light than competitors. You can shoot 1080p HD videos, HDR videos and there's a single LED flash for even better low-light shooting.

^ Is it comparable to sony xperia z 13mp cam ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes