Post Reply

[Q] Ultrapixels

OP knightrazor

21st February 2013, 04:42 AM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 623
 
3,557 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by danw_oz

DSLR stands for Digital Single Lens Reflex http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital..._reflex_camera, if you are up to it you can read the section 2.6 Larger sensor sizes and better image quality

I don't really understand what you are asking or in fact even trying to say, but if I have it right http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan-wilson/ Is my photography site, Thanks.

Great pics in there Dan, you've been some amazingly photogenic places!
22nd February 2013, 12:17 AM   |  #22  
Senior Member
Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 190
 
872 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxploration

Great pics in there Dan, you've been some amazingly photogenic places!

Cheers, yes I was prviledged to live in such beautiful places, it does help.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by katamari201

HTC marketing is getting ridiculously stupid, and HTC fanboys are following suit. The megapixel race is not a LIE. In bold, because HTc marketing material likes to make it bold. Megapixels is not the only factor in determining image quality, but it is an important one. But HTC wants you to believe it doesn't matter, AT ALL. So damn stupid. If it doesn't matter, then go reduce an image to a 32x32 icon. Beautiful isn't it! Looks exactly the same as the original! So stupid. HTC is just making a compromise between larger pixel sizes and resolution. The images will be worse in outdoor shots since it doesn't have as good a resolution, but indoor and low light shots will look better since it can gather more light. The question is, how much better? So far from what I can tell, the video and picture samples at the HTC event, which is indoors in low light, are not that impressive. It's definitely gonna be worse in bright outdoor use.

Agreed, it is almost as stupid as their campain I mentioned earlier, for the first HTC One "HTC One Versus DSLR Images, Can You Spot The Difference?" definately not as a 364x268 image, or on my full HD screen is almost a thumb nail .

I am also in agreeance with others here about how many megapixels needed for a phone. More megapixels only required for larger prints or cropping to make a print, and lets be honest, what do you use your phone camera for??? Posting on facebook or social media sites is mostly my guess? none of which even support display of 4Mp

How many times have you cropped a phone photo or printed it larger than A4 type size, I would suggest almost nobody. Typically if you required a crop a shot, you didn't have enough optical zoom on your camera , this is where a point and shoot shines over a phone.
Last edited by danw_oz; 22nd February 2013 at 12:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to danw_oz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 02:11 PM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 30
 
559 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Re: [Q] Ultrapixels
So seriously what is it xperia z camera or htc one camera specs wise

Sent From My Galaxy S3
22nd February 2013, 03:47 PM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,676
 
2,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amritttt

So seriously what is it xperia z camera or htc one camera specs wise

Sent From My Galaxy S3

If you ask me the both have their unique advantage and disadvantages.

If what HTC says is correct then HTC One should have better images while sacrificing details when zoomed in.

While the Xperia Z is the exact opposite.
22nd February 2013, 08:40 PM   |  #25  
RCJ89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 220
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Hello guys first of all may I just say I don't expect anyone to trust me especially without my own evidence (I would have had some if this crap bb didn't die on me while I was down oxford street).
However though after seeing those images vs the iphone btw I thought the images on the one were better than the iphone but inferior to the lumia 920. I decided to hunt the one down again to do some camera tests.

On tuesday on the launch of the one, i went to phones 4 u oxford street (bond street) played with the one for about 3 mins and decided it was better than the z, had better audio, camera/video which is the main things i use on the phone. however that was without side by side comparison.
after seeing the images online posted by the one, i was thinking to myself when i played with it the images looked better than that, so i headed down the whole of oxford street from tottenham court road to bond street in and out of carphone warehouse, three stores and phones 4 u and vodafone like a mad man. finally I went back to the phones 4 u that did the launch and as I walked in i saw they had the one on display however it is bolted down, with both cameras and headset jack covered, so i was disappointed as i though i wouldnt be able to do camera tests. Absolutely gutted i walked out and futher up the road to the three store (opposite selfriges).

walked in and saw they had a dummy of the black version of the one, i asked the staff to they have the real phone one said the rep came earlier and will be back tomorrow about 9am, i thought damn man then one of the staff said hold on ill check if we have the demo phone in the back. She said by the way it is a pre production unit and not final retail unit, anyway she went in the back and came back an there in her hand was a silver one, totally deprived of any restrictions what so ever, so i got a feel of the phone its far better to hold in the hand than the z due to it being smooth (the egdes of the z are rough), also feels and looks smaller than it is and it looks thinner than 9.3mm aswell.
I know audio is better than the z so i got straight to work in comparing front and rear cameras on both phones side by side. I got the staff in the three store to judge which has the better camera aswell.

these are our findings and truthful findings. z was on superior auto setting and one was on its normal auto focus setting i didn't tamper with anything else.
sharpness, colour accuracy (more natural colours), auto focusing and camera speed all favoured the one not to say the camera on the z is rubbish but The z tended to lose focus on objects (same issues that plagued the xperia s/t last year that annoyed me so much) and also letters looked more blurry on the z (i got one of the booklets and was focusing on the letters, the one was far sharper than the z and even just on general objects the one had the sharper camera.
Video (both phones were in 1080p mode on auto focus setting) again was the same story the z was struggling to focus at times, while the one always maintained focus and showed the sharper image and better colour accuracy also better audio aswell.

Even the front camera had clearer more detailed images and videos than the xperia zs front camera, also i tried zooming on the rear camera of the one again it showed more detail on zoom than any other phone I have seen bar the Nokia N8, 808, Lumia 920.
Personally in my opinion and the guys in the three store the camera on the HTC one is remarkable the staff in the three store didn't even know the one only had a 4mp camera they thought it was 13mp it was so good.
This is one of the reasons I rather go hands on with things myself than look on the internet or at reviews and I am urging people to do the same.
You will be surprised about this ultra pixel 4mp camera thing today really showed me and the three staff that its really not all about the megapixels because the ones 4.3mp camera was overall better than the xperia z's 13.1mp camera.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RCJ89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 11:12 PM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 190
 
872 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by R89SONY

Hello guys first of all may I just say I don't expect anyone to trust me especially without my own evidence (I would have had some if this crap bb didn't die on me while I was down oxford street).
However though after seeing those images vs the iphone btw I thought the images on the one were better than the iphone but inferior to the lumia 920. I decided to hunt the one down again to do some camera tests.

On tuesday on the launch of the one, i went to phones 4 u oxford street (bond street) played with the one for about 3 mins and decided it was better than the z, had better audio, camera/video which is the main things i use on the phone. however that was without side by side comparison.
after seeing the images online posted by the one, i was thinking to myself when i played with it the images looked better than that, so i headed down the whole of oxford street from tottenham court road to bond street in and out of carphone warehouse, three stores and phones 4 u and vodafone like a mad man. finally I went back to the phones 4 u that did the launch and as I walked in i saw they had the one on display however it is bolted down, with both cameras and headset jack covered, so i was disappointed as i though i wouldnt be able to do camera tests. Absolutely gutted i walked out and futher up the road to the three store (opposite selfriges).

walked in and saw they had a dummy of the black version of the one, i asked the staff to they have the real phone one said the rep came earlier and will be back tomorrow about 9am, i thought damn man then one of the staff said hold on ill check if we have the demo phone in the back. She said by the way it is a pre production unit and not final retail unit, anyway she went in the back and came back an there in her hand was a silver one, totally deprived of any restrictions what so ever, so i got a feel of the phone its far better to hold in the hand than the z due to it being smooth (the egdes of the z are rough), also feels and looks smaller than it is and it looks thinner than 9.3mm aswell.
I know audio is better than the z so i got straight to work in comparing front and rear cameras on both phones side by side. I got the staff in the three store to judge which has the better camera aswell.

these are our findings and truthful findings. z was on superior auto setting and one was on its normal auto focus setting i didn't tamper with anything else.
sharpness, colour accuracy (more natural colours), auto focusing and camera speed all favoured the one not to say the camera on the z is rubbish but The z tended to lose focus on objects (same issues that plagued the xperia s/t last year that annoyed me so much) and also letters looked more blurry on the z (i got one of the booklets and was focusing on the letters, the one was far sharper than the z and even just on general objects the one had the sharper camera.
Video (both phones were in 1080p mode on auto focus setting) again was the same story the z was struggling to focus at times, while the one always maintained focus and showed the sharper image and better colour accuracy also better audio aswell.

Even the front camera had clearer more detailed images and videos than the xperia zs front camera, also i tried zooming on the rear camera of the one again it showed more detail on zoom than any other phone I have seen bar the Nokia N8, 808, Lumia 920.
Personally in my opinion and the guys in the three store the camera on the HTC one is remarkable the staff in the three store didn't even know the one only had a 4mp camera they thought it was 13mp it was so good.
This is one of the reasons I rather go hands on with things myself than look on the internet or at reviews and I am urging people to do the same.
You will be surprised about this ultra pixel 4mp camera thing today really showed me and the three staff that its really not all about the megapixels because the ones 4.3mp camera was overall better than the xperia z's 13.1mp camera.

So what are you referring too, shot displayed on the phone screen, or on a computer, because looking at these on a phone screen will not tell you anything.

I would agree with your comment about colour accuracy, and I would say that out of all phones I have seen it is very good.

I believe Sony's problem so far is software for the image processing, its too aggressive for noise reduction
23rd February 2013, 12:23 AM   |  #27  
RCJ89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 220
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Well seeing as it was in the shop. It was each phones screen I had to look at and the htc was showing sharper images with more natural looking colours
Last edited by RCJ89; 23rd February 2013 at 12:39 AM.
23rd February 2013, 03:00 AM   |  #28  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Hey Guys everyone keeps asking about the HTC ONE Ultrapixel camera, so while I was at the London launch I took a couple photographs!

To see more http://www.flickr.com/photos/symbolizm/8499082590/

Lastly if you are looking to buy one of these great phones why not join us at the HTC ONE Users Group over at Flickr to share your photos and discuss all things 'ONE' http://www.flickr.com/groups/htc-one/
23rd February 2013, 05:17 AM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,676
 
2,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R89SONY

Well seeing as it was in the shop. It was each phones screen I had to look at and the htc was showing sharper images with more natural looking colours

Hmmm don't you think it could also be because of the screen instead of the camera? Since obviously the Z was rumored to have an average screen and lesser than the ones used by HTC.

I'm not defending sony in any way but they are already a professional when it comes to optics manufacturing.

Anyways if it is indeed true then great! Can't wait till march 15 already preordered on clove.
23rd February 2013, 10:51 AM   |  #30  
RCJ89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 220
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal

Hmmm don't you think it could also be because of the screen instead of the camera? Since obviously the Z was rumored to have an average screen and lesser than the ones used by HTC.

I'm not defending sony in any way but they are already a professional when it comes to optics manufacturing.

Anyways if it is indeed true then great! Can't wait till march 15 already preordered on clove.

Was defo not the screen becuase the iphone 5 also had slightly sharper looking images than the Z aswell (only slightly) also the screen on the Z is a fantastic screen imo.
To tell the truth I have always measured images by what I see on the screen on the phone then compared them on the laptop. For example last year I done galaxy s3 vs xperia t vs one x camera samples on my latop and the samples produced by the one x were better than the other two imo. it was the same story when I looked at the pics on each phone aswell.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes