Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Paying off my note 2?

Tip us?

fix-this!
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 283
Question Paying off my note 2?

So in nov I signed up with tmobile and got the note and a gs3 for my wife. I plan on selling the note and getting the s4 in march. I call tmobile to pay it off and they tell me I have to pay both phones off? This isn't what the agent told me when I signed up. He knew I swap phones about every 6 months. So my question is why can't I pay the note off separate? My wife never upgrades her phone plus it would lower my bill per month down. Tmobile is ending the subsidiaries anyways so I don't see what the issue is? The reason I went gsm is to be able to put any phone on the carrier as I like, such as international versions.

culua
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default Re: Paying off my note 2?

Talk to a different rep. Cause that rep is an asshole

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to culua For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fix-this!
Old
(Last edited by fix-this!; 28th February 2013 at 11:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 283
Nope just spoke to customer relations and was told it cannot be done until tmobile ends the subsidiaries in a few months. No way in hell I'm paying $700+ for both phones. Basically the rep I signed up with flat out lied to me. If I would of known this I would of just bought my note full retail. Really ticked off right now.

$720 for both phones + $600 or so for the s4 is just too much for me.

3rd damn carrier that seems to lure their customers in with lies. Who would refuse me paying off a phone today? Basically I was told their systems cannot allow only one device to be payed off until may when they change their policies. This is really going to screw over a lot of people. I just don't get it.

Can anyone explain tmobiles logic in this? I'm baffled.

ttabbal
Old
Thanks Meter 447
I've heard that since it was Even More Plus. The credit line is for everything combined, you can't separate them out. No idea if that's the truth, but they have been consistent in telling me that. If you were lied to, that really sucks and, IMO, they should try to do something for you. No idea what, but they could offer something.

Not much help, but at least confirming what they are telling you now anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ttabbal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fix-this!
Old
(Last edited by fix-this!; 1st March 2013 at 12:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttabbal View Post
I've heard that since it was Even More Plus. The credit line is for everything combined, you can't separate them out. No idea if that's the truth, but they have been consistent in telling me that. If you were lied to, that really sucks and, IMO, they should try to do something for you. No idea what, but they could offer something.

Not much help, but at least confirming what they are telling you now anyway.
Yeah I have it in writing too from the original kiosk rep. I'm really ticked as I talk to this guy all the time when I'm at the mall. Tmobile is investigating what he told me and I've notified his manger. This really screws anyone who wants to get another phone anytime before may. I just don't understand the logic. Why would they care if I decide to pay the device off? Now I'm screwed if I wanted to get the s4 in a few weeks unless I add a 3rd line.

Now I can see why so many go prepaid. To avoid all of the carrier BS. This is worse then what I dealt with on both sprint and Verizon.

There has to be a loophole for this. Any ideas guys?

awrnsmn
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Default Re: Paying off my note 2?

It does make sense that the credit extended is put into one loan. I'm sure it makes it easier on the accounting for them....... BUT...... If that guy told you something different, I would go straight to him and have him help you get this sorted out immediately. He's the one that gave you misinformation, I would make him spend time working to correct it also.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to awrnsmn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Poke_N_PDA
Old
Thanks Meter 17
yeah, this really makes no sense to me why they would require this just because the phone accounts are linked? Just to be sure though, I'm going to make sure I buy my phone and my wife's phone separately.
John 14:6

fix-this!
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 283
Im told its becuase both phones were purchased together but that was becuase thats the day i switched from verizon to tmobile. The rep knew i switch devices often and told me it wouldnt be an issue. I got an email from the manager that they are investigating. If any of you bought the phones together id check on this. Im glad they are ending the pay per month on the phones BS. From now on ill pay full price.

stevessvt
Old
Thanks Meter 431
This happened to me too. Opened a tmo business account and bought an S3 and a cheap text phone for the wife. Financed $500 between the two, and was told I could pay them off seperately. The note 2 comes out, so I go to pay the balance of the S3. I was told the same, you have to pay both off because they where contracted at ths same time. But I still had enough available credit to finance the note 2, swap the sim from the S3 in to the note 2, put the S3 on Craigslist, it sold the next day for the $400 balance I had on the note 2. Walked in to tmo the very next day and paid the note 2 off.

premiatul
Old
Thanks Meter 224
This is just an idea, I don't know for sure if it will work, but when I bought
my Note and my wife's phone, they told me that is no penalty if I pay
the phone(s) in advance OR if I pay more per month to shorten the pay
period of 20 months.
So, I guess you can go into the store and tell them you want to pay, let's say
$300 in the account for the phones. That will lower your montly payment, just
like you payed yours out and not "mess" with they're account number.

It's worth a try anyway....