No registration required

cyanogenmod?

OP acme64

23rd February 2013, 06:43 AM   |  #11  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 1,034

2,707 posts
More
I'm a fan of CM, but I'm buying this phone wholly expecting to be using nova launcher (or similar) over the top of sense. HTC kernels deviate a reasonable amount from AOSP and as stated things like cameras are just released as packed drivers, so it's very hard to manipulate for AOSP roms.

M.
23rd February 2013, 09:42 AM   |  #12  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 153

1,230 posts
More
Well.. i don't think a single person even have the phone.. besides HTC owners and workers.

if CM supported the One X.. then i don't see why the One won't get support..
25th February 2013, 06:49 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2,935

8,627 posts
More
Re: cyanogenmod?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal

Sort of false. You can flash radios just can't downgrade it. Also when S-On you still can flash the kernel through fastboot or TWRP has a feature to let you flash the kernel.

With regards to S-Off I'm not sure but the S-Off method found on One X was just made days ago and I think HTC haven't patched it yet so assuming this is the case HTC One can be S-Off by using the same method.

How do you flash radios if htcdev unlocked.? Other than running a RUU? HTC Evo LTE got s-off quite a while back, but also, the first hboot it shipped with actually allowed radio and kernel flash. But they patched that quickly. I never update an hboot though. Lazy panda got S-off for Evo lte just a couple months after release, if even that long. And for all the fools who updated hboot before S-off, team unlimited has been able to get s-off for every hboot since.

From my Evo LTE, yup.
25th February 2013, 11:54 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 11,597

14,074 posts
More
Re: cyanogenmod?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja

Don't be fooled by the htcdev site boot unlock. You still remain s-on, and the boot is still locked. Kernel needs to be flashed separately, cant flash radios... Worse, htc has avery poor track record in providing firmware source codes for its phone h/w components (twin 3D cam in evo3D, cam f/w for almost all phones, no third party support), ergo, no official cyanogen mod 10,11 or wany such official roms. What you get is some unofficial hack using ersatz codes by a dev experimenting...never stable....no hope outside stock rom....its time to abandon ship than stay on a burning platform (to quote steven Elop).

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal

Sort of false. You can flash radios just can't downgrade it. Also when S-On you still can flash the kernel through fastboot or TWRP has a feature to let you flash the kernel.

With regards to S-Off I'm not sure but the S-Off method found on One X was just made days ago and I think HTC haven't patched it yet so assuming this is the case HTC One can be S-Off by using the same method.

I think jcase tweeted that the HTC one is cid write protected though

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 12:49 PM   |  #15  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,693

2,877 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj338

Hi

I think jcase tweeted that the HTC one is cid write protected though

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app

Thanks for this info! Erm then thats bad news I hope someone would be able to provide us a s-off hboot soon.
4th March 2013, 08:10 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
VPN
has any one noticed that VPN doesn't work On CM !?
any solution to solve it ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread