Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cyanogenmod?

Tip us?

mattman83
Old
Thanks Meter 1,026
I'm a fan of CM, but I'm buying this phone wholly expecting to be using nova launcher (or similar) over the top of sense. HTC kernels deviate a reasonable amount from AOSP and as stated things like cameras are just released as packed drivers, so it's very hard to manipulate for AOSP roms.

M.
Stupid questions make baby Jesus cry.

YoungAceAtlanta
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Well.. i don't think a single person even have the phone.. besides HTC owners and workers.

if CM supported the One X.. then i don't see why the One won't get support..
Phone History/Current line up

Android:
Samsung Galaxy S5 - White
HTC One M8 - Gunmetal
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Nexus 10
iOS:
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0
iPad Mini iOS 6.X

scottspa74
Old
Thanks Meter 2,799
Default Re: cyanogenmod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
Sort of false. You can flash radios just can't downgrade it. Also when S-On you still can flash the kernel through fastboot or TWRP has a feature to let you flash the kernel.

With regards to S-Off I'm not sure but the S-Off method found on One X was just made days ago and I think HTC haven't patched it yet so assuming this is the case HTC One can be S-Off by using the same method.
How do you flash radios if htcdev unlocked.? Other than running a RUU? HTC Evo LTE got s-off quite a while back, but also, the first hboot it shipped with actually allowed radio and kernel flash. But they patched that quickly. I never update an hboot though. Lazy panda got S-off for Evo lte just a couple months after release, if even that long. And for all the fools who updated hboot before S-off, team unlimited has been able to get s-off for every hboot since.

From my Evo LTE, yup.
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all

poondog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,075
Default Re: cyanogenmod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja View Post
Don't be fooled by the htcdev site boot unlock. You still remain s-on, and the boot is still locked. Kernel needs to be flashed separately, cant flash radios... Worse, htc has avery poor track record in providing firmware source codes for its phone h/w components (twin 3D cam in evo3D, cam f/w for almost all phones, no third party support), ergo, no official cyanogen mod 10,11 or wany such official roms. What you get is some unofficial hack using ersatz codes by a dev experimenting...never stable....no hope outside stock rom....its time to abandon ship than stay on a burning platform (to quote steven Elop).
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
Sort of false. You can flash radios just can't downgrade it. Also when S-On you still can flash the kernel through fastboot or TWRP has a feature to let you flash the kernel.

With regards to S-Off I'm not sure but the S-Off method found on One X was just made days ago and I think HTC haven't patched it yet so assuming this is the case HTC One can be S-Off by using the same method.
I think jcase tweeted that the HTC one is cid write protected though

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1,656

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj338 View Post
Hi

I think jcase tweeted that the HTC one is cid write protected though

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app
Thanks for this info! Erm then thats bad news I hope someone would be able to provide us a s-off hboot soon.

ddhossein
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default VPN

has any one noticed that VPN doesn't work On CM !?
any solution to solve it ?