[X920d] How to Unroot HTC Butterfly
This guide is made for those people who want to unroot and revert there HTC butterfly to stock firmware by flashing Stock RUU using ADB commands. this is tested personally by me. a compete detail explanation can be found in this link
1. download the stock RUU in this link. This is a working Stock RUU image and can be flash only using ADB command. the zip file will prompt you that it is corrupted when you try to open manually. rename the file to PL99IMG.zip to flash it faster.
2. You will need sdk & and drivers, please take a look here
. if you already have it, continue. extract the folder and copy the PL99IMG.zip to that directory.
3. Reboot to bootloader by Holding Vol down + Power button
4. Connect your phone to the PC while in the bootloader. The phone should say fastboot USB, if not, select fastboot on the phone & check if it says fastboot USB, if not, change the USB port you are using.
5. open a command prompt and browse to the folder containing the ADB files.
6. enter the following commands
7. You may not see any output, then enter the command
8. You phone will now go into the RUU mode.
9. Wait for around 30 seconds, then enter the command
fastboot flash zip PL99IMG.zip
if this error will prompt you. enter the command again in step 9.
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
Normal after Hboot version changes. You need to run only the flash command again (not the whole set of commands, just the fastboot flash command.)
10. The installation will begin and you will be able to see the progress at every step.
Once done, enter the command
i hope this guide will be a great help.
Hit Thanks if you like it.