Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,840 Members 40,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] UK 3G Note 10.1 model number clarification

Tip us?

sunseaker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] UK 3G Note 10.1 model number clarification

I'm looking at purchasing a 3G Note 10.1 and see on the Samsung web site that the UK model number is GT-N8000EAABTU. I've seen the following model being sold GT-N8000ZWABTU on Amazon UK. What's the difference with EEA vs ZWA? Is the one from Amazon not a true UK spec device?

Also, given the choice would you go for the German version or UK version? I'm thinking from an update point of view the German version seems to get updates earlier but is that a real advantage? I'm not in the UK so purchasing from either Amazon UK or DE makes no difference to me and price is pretty similar.

SSThing
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseaker View Post
I'm looking at purchasing a 3G Note 10.1 and see on the Samsung web site that the UK model number is GT-N8000EAABTU. I've seen the following model being sold GT-N8000ZWABTU on Amazon UK. What's the difference with EEA vs ZWA? Is the one from Amazon not a true UK spec device?

Also, given the choice would you go for the German version or UK version? I'm thinking from an update point of view the German version seems to get updates earlier but is that a real advantage? I'm not in the UK so purchasing from either Amazon UK or DE makes no difference to me and price is pretty similar.
I think the only difference will be the version or the ROM, try Googling the two see what comes up. As for UK or German, yes it would appear that the DBT models get updates soonest but this could easily change so I wouldn't worry.