Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help unbrick AMLogic aml8726-mx tablet

Tip us?

Futaba0rus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] Help unbrick AMLogic aml8726-mx tablet

Hi, i want some help with unbricking an aml8726-mx tablet. It's Prestigio Multipad Prime Duo, 7" 1024x600 tablet with 16gb internal storage and micro-sd card slot. It has only Power and + - volume buttons.

I've bricked it by flashing official firmware with default recovery. Entered recovery, made wipe, than installed update.zip from sd card. Progress bar started to move, indicating what process is on the way. And than in about 20%(no real percentage was in that recovery) tablet first freezed and than turned off. From this point there was no reaction on buttons, no display(even no backlight) - nothing. Connecting it to PC made the power on light flashing every 1 second(i guess). No device found by PC. I've tried turning on with - and + pressed, with both, without pressing anything - no luck.

So it was deep brick. Later i have found some info about 5th and 6th pins on NAND chip inside tablet, if those pins are connected to each other, after turning on tablet will be discovered by PC as M6 device. That worked! After hours dancing around AML usb flashing tool i was able to boot some uboot on tablet, started some recovery(not on the screen, it's still black as night), connect to recovery with ADB and trying to flash BOOT, BOOTLOADER and RECOVERY.

What i've tried:
1)adb push boot.img, boot loader.img and recovery.img i get from official firmware for this tablet

2)to make sure what my files now exists on tablet. I've pushed them to /cache/ so
Code:
#cd /cache/
#ls
and ls told me what my .img files are there

3)tried to flash
Code:
#flash_image boot /cache/boot.img

#flash_image bootloader /cache/bootloader.img

#flash_image recovery /cache/recovery.img
And here is a problem - each of those command gave me that:
error scanning partitions exit with code -1

I can't flash bootloaders and recovery. I've googled for days and still dont get it - why that "partition scaning" errors and what should i try.

If anyone can help me with that, or is there some different method of flashing it - i will be highly appreciated. I've used this tablet for less than a week and now it's totally bricked what i can't bring it back to life.

bal2nis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same issue

I have the exact same problem! Could anyone help please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba0rus View Post
Hi, i want some help with unbricking an aml8726-mx tablet. It's Prestigio Multipad Prime Duo, 7" 1024x600 tablet with 16gb internal storage and micro-sd card slot. It has only Power and + - volume buttons.

I've bricked it by flashing official firmware with default recovery. Entered recovery, made wipe, than installed update.zip from sd card. Progress bar started to move, indicating what process is on the way. And than in about 20%(no real percentage was in that recovery) tablet first freezed and than turned off. From this point there was no reaction on buttons, no display(even no backlight) - nothing. Connecting it to PC made the power on light flashing every 1 second(i guess). No device found by PC. I've tried turning on with - and + pressed, with both, without pressing anything - no luck.

So it was deep brick. Later i have found some info about 5th and 6th pins on NAND chip inside tablet, if those pins are connected to each other, after turning on tablet will be discovered by PC as M6 device. That worked! After hours dancing around AML usb flashing tool i was able to boot some uboot on tablet, started some recovery(not on the screen, it's still black as night), connect to recovery with ADB and trying to flash BOOT, BOOTLOADER and RECOVERY.

What i've tried:
1)adb push boot.img, boot loader.img and recovery.img i get from official firmware for this tablet

2)to make sure what my files now exists on tablet. I've pushed them to /cache/ so
Code:
#cd /cache/
#ls

3)tried to flash
Code:

I can't flash bootloaders and recovery. I've googled for days and still dont get it - why that "partition scaning" errors and what should i try.

If anyone can help me with that, or is there some different method of flashing it - i will be highly appreciated. I've used this tablet for less than a week and now it's totally bricked what i can't bring it back to life.

Futaba0rus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bal2nis View Post
I have the exact same problem! Could anyone help please?
Bump, anyone?

Futaba0rus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Bump, anyone?

FLIPOXP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [Q] Help unbrick AMLogic aml8726-mx tablet

Hi I have a sirius Nvsbl equals this model and also takes AML8726. Turns out my tablet is dead and the clearing to see if you can revive and has a pin GND, TX, RX and vcc and this gives me the idea that it is a port to relive problem is not with that program .. I guess with riff box can but I have this box I have several cables Nokia I'm sure it is compatible (DKU5) the problem is with software that can burn the boot?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

sergiosebem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have exactly the same problem. I managed to flash it with Crystal batch 3 SW. Can acess shell thru adb, but the screen is black too.

I also have boot.img, recovery.img, factory.img, system, but I don't have the bootloader.

Once I flash it with the files mensioned above the tablet doesn't even boot and I have to shunt the TF boot contacts that exist on the board.

It is a DINO 7.17.
AML8726-MX - dual core 1.5GHz
1GB RAM
8GB internal ROM

According to build.prop (original) the board is:
ro.product.model=DINO7.17
ro.product.brand=MID
ro.product.name=DINO7.17
ro.product.device=g08ref - can't seem to find any firmware with this reference
ro.product.board=g08ref
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi

the original mtd table:
mtd0: 00400000 00100000 "bootloader"
mtd1: 00800000 00400000 "logo"
mtd2: 00800000 00400000 "aml_logo"
mtd3: 00800000 00400000 "recovery" - have it
mtd4: 00800000 00400000 "boot" - have it
mtd5: 30000000 00400000 "system" - have it
mtd6: 08000000 00400000 "factory" - have it
mtd7: 08000000 00400000 "cache"
mtd8: 90000000 00400000 "userdata"
mtd9: 12d000000 00400000 "NFTL_Part"

Did you fix your tablet?

Could someone help us out here?

Quote:

What i've tried:

Code:
#cd /cache/
#ls

3)tried to flash
Code:

bdzsana
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem here

I have the same problem with my prime duo, but I have a problem with aml flash tool too. Can you link the files (bootorig... config_progress.xml etc) what are worked for you?

BenniBenassi
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I unbricked my android tv box, AML8726-MX g18ref box with a special sd card. I had similar problem....

Sent from my ST18i using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to BenniBenassi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ruyzalim
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenniBenassi View Post
I unbricked my android tv box, AML8726-MX g18ref box with a special sd card. I had similar problem....

Sent from my ST18i using xda app-developers app
Hello, can you tell us what kind off special SD card?
Thanks

BenniBenassi
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruyzalim View Post
Hello, can you tell us what kind off special SD card?
Thanks
Yes I can.

It is a Generic MX Droid-TV (AML8726-MX G18REF) box, now with AndroidGadget ROM.

I used this program below to create a special SD card (with a new image), which booted and fixed my box, with AndroidGadget ROM.

FILE: DD
FILE: IMAGE
FILE: ROM (pw: androidgadget.co.uk)

The DD program used to create the special bootable SD only works under Win XP (Under VMware is also OK)

I hope it will be of help.

If anyone makes a kernel for this that supports CWM, CPU speed mod and CyanogenMod, I'd be grateful

The Following User Says Thank You to BenniBenassi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]