[HOWTO][ADB-Drivers]Get ADB driver for any Device

Search This thread

u.k-f

Jan 8, 2013
Lauenau
Hallo!

I want to to show you how I managed to get an ADB USB Driver, when the hardware vendor doesn't supply such a driver

I only tell you what I did with my device, without any warranty. If you do the same to your device, you do anything on your own risk. Doing these things might end up in a damaged device. When you are not sure what you are doing, do NOT the same to your device. I do not promise anything, I just tell you what I did

I needed a Windows 7 PC whit an installed java JDK 1.7 (If I would not have this, I would download it from java.oracle.com)
First Step: I download the Android SDK from here:

http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r21.0.1-windows.exe

I installed the Android sdk on my Win7 Computer by doubleclicking on the installer_r21.0.1-windows.exe and startet the Android SDK Manager.

I took some time to load a ist of available packages, and the I could select

Tools->Android SDK Plattform-tools
Extras->Android Support Library
Extras->Gogle USB Drivers

and I pressed the button 'Install 3 Packages'

A Dialog opened and I checked 'Accept All' and pressed the Button 'Install'. I waited to complete...

Second Step: I checked in the settings of my device:

Developer->USB Debugging

I connected my device via USB to my PC and opened the Device Manager.

I selected my device which was marked with a yellow warning sign. With a right-click on it I got the context menu and choose 'Properties'.

In the 'Details' tab i selected the property 'Hardware Ids' where I found the values (for my device) VID_18D1 and PID_0003.

If you want to do the same, not the values for your device...

Third Step: I opend Windows Explorer and navigated to the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver

I opened the file 'android_winusb.inf whit my texteditor and copied the lines

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E21
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E22&MI_01

and changed the copy to those values (if you want to do the same, you must not use my values, but the values you noted in the step before!):

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0003
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0003&MI_01

So it matched the values I found in the properties of my device (or if you do it, the values from your device).

I saved the changed file.

Forth Step:

In the Device Manager I right clicked on my device and choose 'Update Driver'. In the Driver dialog I selected to 'Browse my computer for driver software' and pressed Next. At the point 'Search for driver software in this location:' I navigated to this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver.

I choose to install this driver software even it is not signed.

After this step my Device was correctly recognized by windows.

If you do the same, you do it on your own risk! I do not recommend you to do the same

Kind regards, Uwe

Last edited:
Reactions: DigitalGoods

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hallo!

I want to to show you how I managed to get an ADB USB Driver, when the hardware vendor doesn't supply such a driver

I only tell you what I did with my device, without any warranty. If you do the same to your device, you do anything on your own risk. Doing these things might end up in a damaged device. When you are not sure what you are doing, do NOT the same to your device. I do not promise anything, I just tell you what I did

I needed a Windows 7 PC whit an installed java JDK 1.7 (If I would not have this, I would download it from java.oracle.com)
    First Step: I download the Android SDK from here:

http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r21.0.1-windows.exe

I installed the Android sdk on my Win7 Computer by doubleclicking on the installer_r21.0.1-windows.exe and startet the Android SDK Manager.

I took some time to load a ist of available packages, and the I could select

Tools->Android SDK Plattform-tools
    Extras->Android Support Library
    Extras->Gogle USB Drivers

and I pressed the button 'Install 3 Packages'

A Dialog opened and I checked 'Accept All' and pressed the Button 'Install'. I waited to complete...

Second Step: I checked in the settings of my device:

Developer->USB Debugging

I connected my device via USB to my PC and opened the Device Manager.

I selected my device which was marked with a yellow warning sign. With a right-click on it I got the context menu and choose 'Properties'.

In the 'Details' tab i selected the property 'Hardware Ids' where I found the values (for my device) VID_18D1 and PID_0003.

If you want to do the same, not the values for your device...

Third Step: I opend Windows Explorer and navigated to the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver

I opened the file 'android_winusb.inf whit my texteditor and copied the lines

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E21
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E22&MI_01

and changed the copy to those values (if you want to do the same, you must not use my values, but the values you noted in the step before!):

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0003
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0003&MI_01

So it matched the values I found in the properties of my device (or if you do it, the values from your device).

I saved the changed file.

Forth Step:

In the Device Manager I right clicked on my device and choose 'Update Driver'. In the Driver dialog I selected to 'Browse my computer for driver software' and pressed Next. At the point 'Search for driver software in this location:' I navigated to this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver.

I choose to install this driver software even it is not signed.

After this step my Device was correctly recognized by windows.

If you do the same, you do it on your own risk! I do not recommend you to do the same

Kind regards, Uwe