XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi problem with Viper Rom

Tip us?

cincincy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wifi problem with Viper Rom

I have reinstalled the rom several times using default settings. Wifi will not turn on. Wifi works fine with Stock DNA debloat Rom. 3g/4g works fine on Viper Rom..
I am sure this is something unique with my particular phone' Any suggestions?

I am prob considered a noob. But can read and follow direction.

Thanks for any help

letschky
Old
Thanks Meter 477

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincincy View Post
I have reinstalled the rom several times using default settings. Wifi will not turn on. Wifi works fine with Stock DNA debloat Rom. 3g/4g works fine on Viper Rom..
I am sure this is something unique with my particular phone' Any suggestions?

I am prob considered a noob. But can read and follow direction.

Thanks for any help
have you flashed a different kernel (Boot.img), then you should use the flash is included in the rom

LG G Flex D955
Stock Rom Root

LG G Pad 8.3
Stock Rom Root

Older Devices:LG G2 - HTC Droid DNA - HTC One X Plus - Samsung Note II - LG Optimus 4X HD - HTC ONE X

rootntootn
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by letschky View Post
have you flashed a different kernel (Boot.img), then you should use the flash is included in the rom
Had the same problem, even with s-off need to flash it's boot image in fastboot with adb-it will then work fine..

sdamark
Old
Thanks Meter 196
and you have to flash the kernel "modules" to get wifi to work

dragonstalker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdamark View Post
and you have to flash the kernel "modules" to get wifi to work
Right. The boot.img is not the important part. If you want a different kernel, then flash the boot.img for that kernel. You only need to do this once. BUT! When you flash new roms, you need to reflash the wifi modules for "EACH" kernel, everytime you flash a new rom. So, save the wifi modules on your phone somewhere, and when you flash a new rom, just flash the modules again after the rom finishes before rebooting system.

--TMO Galaxy Note 3
--Note 10.1 2k4
-Recovery: TWRP
-ROM: REDUX! )LabRats Tester(
-ROM: CleanRom V2
-Kernel: SaberN3 v9.5
-Kernel: Bindroid V3

Blog: MobileEscape.blogspot.com

Retired: Behold, G1, MT Fender, MT3G Slide, Vibrant, N1, HD2 (android-Froyo), Viewsonic G-Tablet, AT&T SE Xperia X10i, Samsung Galaxy Tab; HTC Inspire, HTC Sensation, Droid Charge, MYTOUCH4G , Thunderbolt, Droid DNA (traded), Note 2, HTC Rezound

rootntootn
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker View Post
Right. The boot.img is not the important part. If you want a different kernel, then flash the boot.img for that kernel. You only need to do this once. BUT! When you flash new roms, you need to reflash the wifi modules for "EACH" kernel, everytime you flash a new rom. So, save the wifi modules on your phone somewhere, and when you flash a new rom, just flash the modules again after the rom finishes before rebooting system.

Perhaps true but flashing the boot image if you have not done so worked...at least it did for me.

dragonstalker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootntootn View Post
Perhaps true but flashing the boot image if you have not done so worked...at least it did for me.
So root, you are saying that the ops need to make it clear to flash the selected kernel (boot.img) before flashing the rom? I'm under the impression that most have already selected a kernel and flashed that before flashing the rom. Sorry if I assumed wrong.

--TMO Galaxy Note 3
--Note 10.1 2k4
-ROM: REDUX! )LabRats Tester(
-ROM: CleanRom V2
-Kernel: SaberN3 v9.5
-Kernel: Bindroid V3

Blog: MobileEscape.blogspot.com

Retired: Behold, G1, MT Fender, MT3G Slide, Vibrant, N1, HD2 (android-Froyo), Viewsonic G-Tablet, AT&T SE Xperia X10i, Samsung Galaxy Tab; HTC Inspire, HTC Sensation, Droid Charge, MYTOUCH4G , Thunderbolt, Droid DNA (traded), Note 2, HTC Rezound

Bigandrewgold
Old
Thanks Meter 530
Default Re: Wifi problem with Viper Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker View Post
So root, you are saying that the ops need to make it clear to flash the selected kernel (boot.img) before flashing the rom? I'm under the impression that most have already selected a kernel and flashed that before flashing the rom. Sorry if I assumed wrong.
Most roms have a kernel included in it. And if it hasn't been updated since s off came out then you will need to flash the boot.img in the thread to get everything working.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

rootntootn
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold View Post
Most roms have a kernel included in it. And if it hasn't been updated since s off came out then you will need to flash the boot.img in the thread to get everything working.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

This is what I understand to be correct and what has worked a few times for me. S-off was supposed to eliminate this but not if the rom was written before that process was available or not specifically updated after-which is most of them at this point.

cincincy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks

thanks for your help. all i needed wast the correct kernel. thanks again