5,597,501 Members 31,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

testers needed- reset your lock status flag

Tip us?

CastleBravo
Old
(Last edited by CastleBravo; 20th February 2013 at 07:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Does anyone have a dump from a locked phone? And do you want us to leave to 01 after HTCU as is or set the entire line to 00?

I'm willing to test this and I've already dumped my mmcblk0p3, I'll flash as soon as I hear back.

EDIT: nevermind about the dump from locked phone part, I just saw the new posts to the thread. But to confirm, do we change or leave the 01?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

We could dump mmcblk0p3 with temp root, right? I could possibly do this on a locked DNA tonight if no one else already has.
HTC Sensation
The Following User Says Thank You to CastleBravo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scotty1223
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1898
Default Re: testers needed- reset your lock status flag

That would be awesome. Everyone hold off from flashing until we have dump from a locked phone

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers(<-this means do not PM me questions)
donate to my device fund

kern3l
Old
Thanks Meter 25
My mmcblk0p3 size is 133807104 bytes as opposed to 33143808 bytes in OP, anyone else seeing this ?

(I'm able to hexdump and see those bytes mentioned in OP)

CastleBravo
Old
Thanks Meter 50
To get a hold of the locked phone will take a few hours, if everyone is ok with waiting for a little while
HTC Sensation
The Following User Says Thank You to CastleBravo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scotty1223
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1898

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern3l View Post
My mmcblk0p3 size is 133807104 bytes as opposed to 33143808 bytes in OP, anyone else seeing this ?

(I'm able to hexdump and see those bytes mentioned in OP)
That dump is from my rezound,don't pay any attention to those particular numbers.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers(<-this means do not PM me questions)
donate to my device fund

CastleBravo
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Got the phone and attempting temp root now. I'll update when I make progress.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

So far I've been unable to get temp root, but I'm going to keep fiddling with it for a while. Did they patch the adb backup exploit in the OTA? I'm going to try again with another phone that I believe doesn't have the OTA yet. In the meantime, if anyone knows another root exploit or how to make this work on the DNA, it would be greatly appreciated.
HTC Sensation

treadwayj
Old
Thanks Meter 32
i have a locked phone that was s-off when i got it and i never unlocked it, so i was able to flash the eng hboot without having to unlock, not sure if that would help or not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treadwayj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CastleBravo
Old
Thanks Meter 50

Could you please run the command: adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p3

And then copy the file off your phone and upload it here? This will tell us what we need to know.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda-developers app
HTC Sensation

treadwayj
Old
Thanks Meter 32
ran it and received the following...

261342+0 records in
261342+0 records out
133807104 bytes transferred in 35.374 secs (3782639 bytes/sec)

not sure where and what file i am looking for to upload though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treadwayj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CastleBravo
Old
Thanks Meter 50

The file is on the internal storage and is called mmcblk0p3. You can access through my computer>htc6435>internal storage

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
HTC Sensation