[ROM] [MA7] digiblur ROM 2013.02.25
digiblur Note2 ROM - MA7 - 2013.02.25
ATTENTION Thin Skinned Users: Dry humor ahead 1 mile.
I've always enjoyed a nice simple to the point ROM on my phone. It seems many ROMs start out as this but tend to stray quickly so I have shared mine for everyone. If you are looking for some heavily themed ROM with 68 notification toggles, everything turned purple, etc, then press the back button now.
What the ROM does NOT have:
- Some cute name
- A cool team name
- beta or alpha version number
- crazy zombie jumping out the phone for a boot screen
- kiddie boot sounds
- annoying Sprint boot animation/sound
- dumb Sprint shut down animation/sound
- stupid camera shutter sound (turn off in camera settings)
- idiotic 777468(SPRINT) code requirement on the ##DEBUG# menu (entire prompt is gone)
- tons of Samsung bloat
- 1.21 gigawatts of overclocking
- unnecessary carrier customizations that screws up Sensorly
- eyeball icon in the taskbar (removed properly)
- goofy "You have lost data..blah blah" message when switching to roaming (we have a triangle on our signal already!)
- cute version numbers in the About phone section
What it does have:
- 1X signal type display corrected (shame on you Sprint!!)
- 4G icon replaced with easier to see LTE icon
- slightly modified battery icons
- PRL Write enabled in the ##DATA# menu (-PRL Thread Here-
- 4-in1 reboot mod
- All apps multiwindow mod
- KISS principle
- Dry humor in the ROM first post
2013/02/25 - corrected issue of factory reset after flash showing black background and no status bar. Also included a patch for the removal of the prompt at ##DEBUG# screen.
2013/02/24 - Removed the calls to show the "eyeball" icon when smartstay is turned on. Removed the 100% battery notification. Removed FWUpgrade.apk. Removed the "You have lost data connectivity" nag when you switch over to roaming. Look at that! I didn't add anything new but released a new version! WOOHOO
2013/02/19 - Initial Release
None needed as it is stock. Just a status bar shot is necessary
Make sure you have flashed the MA7 all in Firmware by t3project (Here
Install in TWRP (data wipe is optional but you are on your own)
Look in the system folder to determine your ROM version number
VERIFY YOUR MD5 AFTER DOWNLOADING! Androidfilehost.com doesn't calculate them and show them for kicks!
Optional full Connection Optimizer removal that will be incorporated into future builds:
- If you are in an LTE area please do your fellow Sprinters a favor and map your area with the Sensorly App in the Play Store Download Sensorly
. Open the app, click Map Trip, then Start, and drive around your area. Hit Stop and check the details screen to make sure your data points are uploaded. Check your Sprint LTE coverage maps in the app a couple hours later for your results.
Attached a list of the APKs that were removed. If you need one of them, download the full stock DeOdex ROM, pull the APK you need, and put in this ZIP before flashing.
-viperboy-, t3project, garwynn, rwilco12, androidfilehost, Compusmurf, and any others I may have missed that brought us the MA7 base and mods (PM me). Feel free to rip anything out of this zip file for your ROM/work, just be respectful and give credit to myself and/or the folks I listed here. Special thanks to OneoftheRabble!
This ROM might eat your phone, USB cable, charger, SD card, unborn child, children, significant other, and/or anything else you own. As with any phone modifications you are own your own and accept all responsibilities of doing so by downloading/flashing anything contained on this website or any other website.