ATTENTION Thin Skinned Users: Dry humor ahead 1 post.
I've always enjoyed a nice simple to the point ROM on my phone. It seems many ROMs start out as this but tend to stray quickly so I have shared mine for everyone to hate or enjoy. If you are looking for some heavily themed ROM with 68 notification toggles, everything turned purple, etc, then press the back button now.
What the ROM does NOT have:
- Some cute build name
- A cool team name
- beta or alpha version number
- crazy zombie jumping out the phone for a boot screen
- kiddie boot sounds
- annoying Sprint boot animation/sound
- dumb Sprint shut down animation/sound
- stupid camera shutter sound during screen shots and camera usage(turn off in camera settings)
- idiotic 777468(SPRINT) code requirement on the ##DEBUG# menu (entire prompt is gone)
- MSL code checks on ##DATA# Editing (to quickly turn off LTE without a reboot or MSL code)
- tons of Samsung & Sprint bloat
- 1.21 gigawatts of overclocking
- unnecessary carrier customizations that screws up your Sensorly points
- eyeball icon in the taskbar (removed properly)
- redundant "You have lost data..blah blah" message when switching to roaming (we have a triangle on our signal already!)
- full battery charge notification
- sympathetic support team
- Sprint connection optimizer toggling your wifi and spying on the usage of the neighborhood's open wifi access point
- KNOX garbage and knags
- Headphone volume level too loud nag
What it does have:
- Proper base with Sprint sales code
- 1X signal type display corrected (shame on you Sprint!! Tested and works!)
- modified battery icons with battery percentage
- PRL Write enabled in the ##DATA# menu (-PRL Thread Here-)
- 4-in-1 reboot mod
- A mod that announces "I'm watching porn!" every 30 seconds if you write those dumb 00001 PRLs (I wish!)
- All apps multi-window mod built from proper MK3 base files
- KISS principle
- Dry humor in the ROM first post and continued posts throughout the thread by the ROM author
- Google Maps 6.14.2 w/KML layer usage (remove updates if it gets auto-updated)
- Blacked out Google Hangouts (the way it should look!)
None needed as it is stock. Just a status bar shot is necessary
2014/01/26 - complete revamp based on MK4 4.3 Note2 stock base
2013/06/03 - reworked from the ground up on the MC2 deodexed base provided by crawrj. No old MA7 files were used or harmed in this build! Removed additional APK bloat.
2013/02/25 - corrected issue of factory reset after flash showing black background and no status bar. Also included a patch for the removal of the prompt at ##DEBUG# screen.
2013/02/24 - Removed the calls to show the "eyeball" icon when smartstay is turned on. Removed the 100% battery notification. Removed FWUpgrade.apk. Removed the "You have lost data connectivity" nag when you switch over to roaming. Look at that! I didn't add anything new but released a new version! WOOHOO
2013/02/19 - Initial Release
-Download digiblurROM MK4 Note2 Deodex - 2014.01.23-
-Download Removed APKs for digiblurROM MK4 Note2 Deodex - 2014.01.23-
VERIFY YOUR MD5 AFTER DOWNLOADING! Androidfilehost.com doesn't calculate them and show them just for kicks!
Huge Thanks to LilCozyFab as this wouldn't be here today without his extensive/tiring testing, the very high risk of killing his device due to the issues we had, and motivation/pushing me to do this!
To Do List:
- Correct Live Wallpaper crash issue
This ROM might eat your phone, USB cable, charger, SD card, unborn child, children, significant other, fried chicken, and/or anything else you own. As with any phone modifications you are own your own and accept all responsibilities of doing so by downloading/flashing anything contained on this website or any other website.
How to upgrade to digiblurROM MK4
***Please backup any pictures, info, documents, etc from your device to separate device/computer!***
I recommend a pure 4.3 updated phone but this does mean you will have the KNOX bootloader warranty value tripped. If you do not prefer to have a 4.3 pure phone then please skip to the section for flashing with the 4.1.x bootloader.
1. You will need to be on the 4.3 stock version of Android for the Sprint Note2. To accomplish this you can either use one of the one touch ODIN back to 4.1.x unrooted stock and let the 4.3 update download and install. Or you can flash the full 4.3 ODIN update.
Instructions for returning to Stock unrooted 4.1.x:
Instructions for going straight to 4.3 unrooted:
2. Once you are on the Stock 4.3 update please verify the baseband and such in the Settings -> About phone. For safe measure make sure your cellular and WiFi data connection and voice connections work as well.
3. If you are not familiar with getting into recovery mode I suggest reading this: Recovery mode is a bit tricky at times. If you're a second too early or too late, your phone will skip going into recovery and boot normally. If this happens you will have to repeat the Odin process in it's entirety. So unless you are familiar with this, I would give it a few practice runs before starting Odin: Recovery mode is achieved pressing and holding "volume UP, power button and the (physical) home button simultaneously. Watching the screen closely, release all 3 buttons as soon as you see the word Samsung. If timed correctly it will boot into recovery in about 10-20 seconds (after releasing). Remember if you are too early or late the phone will boot normally and skip recovery.
4. First get ODIN on your machine and working with your phone. I already had ODIN and the drivers from a while back on my machine but I believe you can get the standard Samsung and Odin driver/app here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2011491
5. Download the latest TWRP or Philz Recovery for the Sprint Samsung Note2. Get the ODIN flashable TAR. Your decision, both work fine but some people claim Philz is better for Android 4.3 backups and restores
6. Download the the latest digiblurROM for the Note2. Verify the ZIP file and copy it to the internal or external SD card of the Note2.
7. Power off the Note2 with no USB cable attached, go ahead and remove the back cover for easy removal of the battery after flashing.
8. Get into download mode by pressing and holding volume down, power button and the (physical) home button simultaneously. You will continue to hold all 3 buttons until you see a warning. Then press the volume up button and you will be in download mode.
9. Plug in the USB cable into your phone and open ODIN. If ODIN is working you should see a COM port listed in the box towards the upper left.
10. Verify that both Auto Reboot and F. Rest Time are UNCHECKED.
11. The only check mark should be next to PDA. Select PDA and browse to the TAR file you downloaded for TWRP or CWM.
12. Hit start. Watch the progress on the upper left. Once recovery is installed, pull the battery, so the phone doesn't reboot normally, and disconnect the usb cable.
13. VERY IMPORTANT. You will need to reboot into Recovery mode without the phone booting up normally! If you miss it then the phone will boot into the OS and overwrite the recovery you just installed.
14. Once you are in TWRP/Philz CWM, I do recommend doing a full data/factory reset.
15. Install the digiblurROM zip by choosing the options to install the ZIP.
16. After the successful install of the digiblurROM zip flash, reboot the device using the reboot option in TWRP/CWM.
17. The phone will take a few minutes longer during this initial boot due to building the cache/dalvik. Do not worry, this is normal.
18. Go through the standard Android setup process. Please note, the Play Store and other apps may appear to hang as the Google Services framework is updating to the latest version. I have included the older 6.x version of Google Maps for those that prefer this version since it allows KML layers and other features. The Play Store will automatically update this app when on WiFi, turn this option off and uninstall any updates to Google Maps if you prefer this version.
How to Flash with the 4.1.x bootloader
1. I will assume you already have a custom recovery installed. I would take this time to update it to the latest version before continuing. You can find the links to TWRP and CWM above for updating.
2. Flash the MK4 baseband via recovery:. http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291682160
3. Reboot and verify the baseband installed.
4. Download the the latest digiblurROM for the Note2. Verify the ZIP file and copy it to the internal or external SD card of the Note2.
5. Reboot into Recovery mode. If you do not have a ROM installed with a Reboot into Recovery mode option please power the device off and use this method: Recovery mode is achieved by pressing and holding "volume UP, power button and the (physical) home button simultaneously. Watching the screen closely, release all 3 buttons as soon as you see the word Samsung. If timed correctly it will boot into recovery in about 10-20 seconds (after releasing). Remember if you are too early or late the phone will boot normally and skip recovery.
6. Once you are in TWRP/Philz CWM, I do recommend doing a full data/factory reset.
7. Install the digiblurROM zip by choosing the options to install the ZIP.
8. After the successful install of the digiblurROM zip flash, reboot the device using the reboot option in TWRP/CWM. Your wifi may not work, we will fix this after the reboot.
9. The phone will take a few minutes longer during this initial boot due to building the cache/dalvik. Do not worry, this is normal.
10. Go through the standard Android setup process. Please note, the Play Store and other apps may appear to hang as the Google Services framework is updating to the latest version. I have included the older 6.x version of Google Maps for those that prefer this version since it allows KML layers and other features. The Play Store will automatically update this app when on WiFi, turn this option off and uninstall any updates to Google Maps if you prefer this version.
11. If your WiFi is not working - Since you have the older bootloader you will need to flash the WiFi fix found here via ODIN: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=81