[ROM] [MC2] digiblur ROM 2013.06.02
digiblur Note2 ROM - MC2 Deodex - 2013.06.02
ATTENTION Thin Skinned Users: Dry humor ahead 1 post.
I've always enjoyed a nice simple to the point ROM on my phone. It seems many ROMs start out as this but tend to stray quickly so I have shared mine for everyone to hate or enjoy. If you are looking for some heavily themed ROM with 68 notification toggles, everything turned purple, etc, then press the back button now.
What the ROM does NOT have:
- Some cute build name
- A cool team name
- beta or alpha version number
- crazy zombie jumping out the phone for a boot screen
- kiddie boot sounds
- annoying Sprint boot animation/sound
- dumb Sprint shut down animation/sound
- stupid camera shutter sound during screen shots and camera usage(turn off in camera settings)
- idiotic 777468(SPRINT) code requirement on the ##DEBUG# menu (entire prompt is gone)
- tons of Samsung & Sprint bloat
- 1.21 gigawatts of overclocking
- unnecessary carrier customizations that screws up your Sensorly points
- eyeball icon in the taskbar (removed properly)
- redundant "You have lost data..blah blah" message when switching to roaming (we have a triangle on our signal already!)
- cute version numbers in the About phone section
- full battery charge notification
- sympathetic support team
- Sprint connection optimizer toggling your wifi and spying on the usage of the neighborhood's open wifi access point
What it does have:
- 1X signal type display corrected (shame on you Sprint!!)
- 4G icon replaced with easier to see LTE icon
- slightly modified battery icons to fit Android 4.x
- PRL Write enabled in the ##DATA# menu (-PRL Thread Here-
- 4-in-1 reboot mod
- A mod that announces "I'm watching porn!" every 30 seconds if you write those dumb 00001 PRLs (I wish!)
- All apps multi-window mod built from proper MC2 base files
- KISS principle
- Dry humor in the ROM first post and continued posts throughout the thread by the ROM author
- Sensorly app for LTE mapping and tracking (uninstallable)
2013/06/03 - reworked from the ground up on the MC2 deodexed base provided by crawrj. No old MA7 files were used or harmed in this build! Removed additional APK bloat.
2013/02/25 - corrected issue of factory reset after flash showing black background and no status bar. Also included a patch for the removal of the prompt at ##DEBUG# screen.
2013/02/24 - Removed the calls to show the "eyeball" icon when smartstay is turned on. Removed the 100% battery notification. Removed FWUpgrade.apk. Removed the "You have lost data connectivity" nag when you switch over to roaming. Look at that! I didn't add anything new but released a new version! WOOHOO
2013/02/19 - Initial Release
None needed as it is stock. Just a status bar shot is necessary
Make sure you have flashed the MC2 all in Firmware by t3project (Here
Install the ROM in TWRP (data wipe is optional but you are on your own)
Look in the system folder after flashing to determine your ROM version number if needed
-DOWNLOAD digiblur ROM 2013.06.02-
VERIFY YOUR MD5 AFTER DOWNLOADING! Androidfilehost.com doesn't calculate them and show them just for kicks!
Optional flashable Google Talk Apk (ughh.. the new Hangout one is worse than the regular ugly Talk one): -DOWNLOAD Talk_MC2.zip-
- If you are in an LTE area please do your fellow Sprinters a favor and map your area with the included Sensorly App. Find LTE, open the app, click Map Trip, then Start, and drive around your area until your gas gauge hits E! Hit Stop and check the details screen to make sure your data points are uploaded. Check your Sprint LTE coverage maps in the app a little later for your results. Gas up and do it again!
Attached are a list of the APKs that were removed. If you need one of them, download the Removed APKs_MC2.7z archive below, pull the APK you need, and drop it in the ZIP before flashing.
-Download Removed APKs_MC2.7z-
crawrj, t3project, -viperboy-, garwynn, rwilco12, androidfilehost, compusmurf, digiblur, testers, and any others I may have missed that brought us the MC2 base and other mods (PM me). Feel free to rip anything out of this zip file for your ROM/work, just be respectful and give credit to myself and/or the folks I listed here. Special thanks to OneoftheRabble!
This ROM might eat your phone, USB cable, charger, SD card, unborn child, children, significant other, fried chicken, and/or anything else you own. As with any phone modifications you are own your own and accept all responsibilities of doing so by downloading/flashing anything contained on this website or any other website.