Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] MA7 base, DEODEX, 1x/3g icon, no clock, no charged notice, 1% battery mods

Tip us?

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Default [MOD] MA7 base, DEODEX, 1x/3g icon, no clock, no charged notice, 1% battery mods

[MOD] MA7 base, DEODEX, 1x/3g icon, no clock, no charged notice, 1% battery mods, themed in Smurfy blue with a few other themed icons.

You can use it as is, or you can rip it apart and replace the icons with whatever you prefer.

I removed the clock, converted it to 1% capable, removed the charge completed notice, and, obviously I like blue.

I rarely share my mods but the Note II area is pretty bare.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9946170/Smurfy.zip

Standard disclaimer applies.... I can't guarantee my work won't "blow up" your Note II, always have a backup. Obviously it didn't blow mine up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Compusmurf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

siraltus
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
[MOD] MA7 base, DEODEX, 1x/3g icon, no clock, no charged notice, 1% battery mods, themed in Smurfy blue with a few other themed icons.

You can use it as is, or you can rip it apart and replace the icons with whatever you prefer.

I removed the clock, converted it to 1% capable, removed the charge completed notice, and, obviously I like blue.

I rarely share my mods but the Note II area is pretty bare.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9946170/Smurfy.zip

Standard disclaimer applies.... I can't guarantee my work won't "blow up" your Note II, always have a backup. Obviously it didn't blow mine up.

Looks awesome! You will hate me for this - any chance we could also have a version with the clock? Some of us don't keep a clock widget on the home screen and use the status bar clock instead.

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Not really, but I can tell you how to modify your own so you can make any changes you want. Self service is the absolute best.

siraltus
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Not really, but I can tell you how to modify your own so you can make any changes you want. Self service is the absolute best.
Do tell, I'm actually itching to be free of waiting for people to mod **** for me, I'd rather just do it myself and do it exactly the way I want.

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
You need to follow most of the steps in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=13

However, the apktool package there is missing some parts.

So if you use my apktool package it should work:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9946170/APKtool.rar

Also, they say JRE/JDK. you really want the JDK only.

You should also put the c:\apktool folder in your system path.

That should get you to the point that you can compile and decompile your SystemUI.apk.

When modifying these, always take one from YOUR rom or one that's compatible.

And this is for DEODEX only.

When you get to the point that you can compile and decompile, then you need to know the things to change.

I'd suggest Notepad ++ as an editor and paint.net as an icon editor.

notepad: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Paint.net: http://www.getpaint.net/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Compusmurf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
When you get that all working and setup and have decompiled and recompiled a systemui.apk successfully without making changes, let me know and I'll point you to the next step of goodies to play with.
The Following User Says Thank You to Compusmurf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

siraltus
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
When you get that all working and setup and have decompiled and recompiled a systemui.apk successfully without making changes, let me know and I'll point you to the next step of goodies to play with.
OK all done and working. What do I change? What I want most is to re-enable the 1X connection icon that Sprint disabled. Thank you for guiding me through this.

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Darn, you work fast!!!!!

Ok, use my download as an example, extract it and rename it something like system1.apk, then decompile it..

Keep the zip file because you'll need it for flashing. Just replace the file in it.

First thing you want to do is make a backup flashable file called orig.zip or something. Again, use my zip file in the first post, and put your systemui.apk in it.

KEEP IT ON YOUR DEVICE because when you screw something up, you'll need it for repair.

Also, VERY important, update your darn nandroid backup. TRUST ME, you will break something and eventually will need to use it. KEEP THIS CURRENT!!!!!!!!!! <--- I know from experience!!!!!

siraltus
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Darn, you work fast!!!!!

Ok, use my download as an example, extract it and rename it something like system1.apk, then decompile it..

Keep the zip file because you'll need it for flashing. Just replace the file in it.

First thing you want to do is make a backup flashable file called orig.zip or something. Again, use my zip file in the first post, and put your systemui.apk in it.

KEEP IT ON YOUR DEVICE because when you screw something up, you'll need it for repair.

Also, VERY important, update your darn nandroid backup. TRUST ME, you will break something and eventually will need to use it. KEEP THIS CURRENT!!!!!!!!!! <--- I know from experience!!!!!
Way ahead of you, I nandroid religiously.

I have my SystemUI.apk decompiled and ready. Lay it on me.

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
now for the fun part, since you're backed up and have a backup of the SystemUI.apk file....

To put the clock back, you'll want to replace MY file here with a copy from the original:

SystemUI/res/layout and find tw_status_bar.xml

or if you want to jack with the actual data...

Original line will look something like this

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_clock_text_size" android:textColor="#ff33b5e5" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" androidpaddingLeft="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:includeFontPadding="false" />

Change that entire line to this below:

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textColor="#ff959595" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" androidpaddingLeft="0.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:includeFontPadding="false" />

That's the CLOCK stuff....

If all you're doing is changing the clock, after you've replaced my file recompile and go....