Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,758 Members 37,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] MA7 base, DEODEX, 1x/3g icon, no clock, no charged notice, 1% battery mods

Tip us?

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
These 2 files control the 1% stuff. Make sure you have the 1% matching icons added as well before compiling.

stat_sys_battery.xml and stat_sys_battery_charge.xml from \res\drawable and make sure you have matching battery files for it before compiling.

You can grab working versions from mine.

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
icons are mostly located in \res\drawable\drawable_xhdpi.

Power features like to NOT display the charge complete are located:
powerui$1.smali file. Easier to just grab my edits.

digiblur
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2062

DONATE TO ME
You might want to take this out of your update script

delete("/system/app/SecEmail.apk","/system/app/SecExchange.apk");
The Following User Says Thank You to digiblur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post

LOL, as you can see, I reuse my zip files and crap I took it from my big "cleanup" one. eh. sorry.

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Reminds me.

You can use the updater script to do things like DELETE unused garbage and push other files and such.

I take the rooted, stock rom and make me a zip installer with things like this, init.d files, deletes and other tweaks I like on my rom and end up with a 1 zip installer to precustomize everything.

Makes setup a breeze.

Again, this just shows why one should ALWAYS ALWAYS have a valid and updated NANDROID backup!!!!!!!!

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Any other DEV's with some great tweaks and knowledge, feel free to step in and add things. Sadly I've run out of the "easiest" things to tweak here.

Compusmurf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
The 1x/3G stuff is located in:

\res\values\bools.xml

<bool name="config_showMin3G">false</bool>

The default is TRUE, change it to false and that should fix that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Compusmurf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

siraltus
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
now for the fun part, since you're backed up and have a backup of the SystemUI.apk file....

To put the clock back, you'll want to replace MY file here with a copy from the original:

SystemUI/res/layout and find tw_status_bar.xml

or if you want to jack with the actual data...

Original line will look something like this

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_clock_text_size" android:textColor="#ff33b5e5" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" androidpaddingLeft="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:includeFontPadding="false" />

Change that entire line to this below:

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textColor="#ff959595" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" androidpaddingLeft="0.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:includeFontPadding="false" />

That's the CLOCK stuff....

If all you're doing is changing the clock, after you've replaced my file recompile and go....
You got the two data lines reversed... the second line is what's in your tw_status_bar.xml and you should replace it with the first line which is from stock tw_status_bar.xml.

Just replaced it, recompiled, rezipped, flashed, and it worked. I now have your mod with the clock visible. Thank you for the walkthrough, now I know how to modify APKs on my own!

Here it is in case you want to post it to your OP - let me know when you've grabbed it so I can delete it from my Dropbox.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66752204/Smurfy-with-Clock.zip

Now, if all I want to do is take the stock SystemUI.apk and re-enable the 1X signal icon so I know when I'm on 1X-RTT and not EVDO (3G), what do I change and where? Thank you!

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote:

FFFFUUUUUUUUU... just realized my Email app is gone. Damnit. Restoring Nandroid now.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote:
The 1x/3G stuff is located in:

\res\values\bools.xml

<bool name="config_showMin3G">false</bool>

The default is TRUE, change it to false and that should fix that.
Doing this now. Thank you.

Compusmurf
Old
(Last edited by Compusmurf; 20th February 2013 at 07:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus View Post
FFFFUUUUUUUUU... just realized my Email app is gone. Damnit. Restoring Nandroid now.

Doing this now. Thank you.
Ooops, sorry. I edited my zip file.

It's one of those things I never use so I wipe it off. I use gmail so don't bother keeping the other on there. Now you see why I re-iterated that you have a current NANDROID? People make mistakes, and I'm no professional DEV!!!!!

However, this is a GREAT LESSON for everyone. When you d/l someone's stuff, instead of blindly flashing it, glance at the script to see what it's going to do BEHIND the scenes. This was accidental but someone COULD wipe everything off or install something else that you weren't expecting.

A quick fix in this case instead of restore would have been to put the 2 files back into the zip, remove the updater line and reflash just the zip.

Again, soo sorry about that.

siraltus
Old
(Last edited by siraltus; 20th February 2013 at 07:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Ooops, sorry. I edited my zip file.

It's one of those things I never use so I wipe it off. I use gmail so don't bother keeping the other on there. Now you see why I re-iterated that you have a current NANDROID? People make mistakes, and I'm no professional DEV!!!!!

However, this is a GREAT LESSON for everyone. When you d/l someone's stuff, instead of blindly flashing it, glance at the script to see what it's going to do BEHIND the scenes. This was accidental but someone COULD wipe everything off or install something else that you weren't expecting.

A quick fix in this case instead of restore would have been to put the 2 files back into the zip, remove the updater line and reflash just the zip.

Again, soo sorry about that.
Hey no worries man. I always always make Nandroids whenever I'm about to do something that might bork the system.

I didn't even know what an updater script was until this, and anything that I can learn something new from I regard as a positive experience. And I learned a lot today - now I can modify my own APKs and that's so awesome, so thank you.

Do you know how to decompile jars? I want to fix the 4-in-1 reboot mod now, need to replace the command that the Quick Reboot option launches because the currently posted one sends the phone into a bootloop.