Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Keyboard/Case Recommendations for Nexus 10

OP randun

20th February 2013, 05:15 PM   |  #1  
randun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
I'm looking for recommendations from other users for their top 2 or 3 best keyboard/case combinations for the Nexus 10. I just returned a Minisuit combo to Amazon because the keyboard simply didn't turn out to be as described in the product information. Obviously I should have kept the Minisuit prior to returning it so time is of the essence in getting a replacement ASAP.

Thanks!


Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 06:06 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 110
 
971 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
I haven't found anything worth my money yet. I've bought a case and keyboard separately.
21st February 2013, 01:58 PM   |  #3  
randun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Re: Keyboard/Case Recommendations for Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izeltokatl

I haven't found anything worth my money yet. I've bought a case and keyboard separately.

Thanks for the advice. Definitely something to keep in mind.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2
27th February 2013, 02:40 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Surface
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izeltokatl

I haven't found anything worth my money yet. I've bought a case and keyboard separately.

I hate to say it but the design of the Surface tablet's keyboard is slick, it provides a front cover and a keyboard all while connecting via its magnetic pogo. I have high hopes someone designs one for the Nexus. Why are we so far behind the ball on this?
27th February 2013, 05:09 AM   |  #5  
randun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Re: Keyboard/Case Recommendations for Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolz

I hate to say it but the design of the Surface tablet's keyboard is slick, it provides a front cover and a keyboard all while connecting via its magnetic pogo. I have high hopes someone designs one for the Nexus. Why are we so far behind the ball on this?

Now that I've tested two cheap combos that turned out to be the same units but branded differently, I'm going the separate route. Actually Kensington & another manufacturer (can't remember the name at the moment) make what I think are very good keyboards akin to the Surface.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2
28th February 2013, 12:48 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
103 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
I think that the Poetic Keybook Removable Keyboard case is pretty decent. That is the one that I bought which i found here http://www.pctabletcases.com/nexus-1...ssories-guide/. They also have a couple other cases but the reviews on that aren't as good. The Poetic case isn't the greatest case but it does serve its purpose well.
Last edited by nerdsisme; 28th February 2013 at 02:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nerdsisme For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2013, 12:58 AM   |  #7  
randun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Re: Keyboard/Case Recommendations for Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdsisme

I think that the Poetic Keybook Removable Keyboard case is pretty decent. That is the one that I bought which i found here http://www.pctabletcases.com/nexus-1...ssories-guide/. They also have a couple other cases but the reviews on that aren't as good. The Poetic case isn't the greatest case but it does serve its purpose well.

I'm sorry but I didn't have time to look at your link, but is it a case only with no keyboard? If not, I'd really be interested in what you find so 'attractive' about it. I don't mind mentioning this in public bu

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2
28th February 2013, 01:06 AM   |  #8  
randun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Re: Keyboard/Case Recommendations for Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by randun

I'm sorry but I didn't have time to look at your link, but is it a case only with no keyboard? If not, I'd really be interested in what you find so 'attractive' about it. I don't mind mentioning this in public bu

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2

Hit the Submit button by mistake. Anyway, Poetic & Minisuit will be reported for potential violation of Seller S&P on Amazon. I'll leave it at that for this discussion. Caveat Emptor...

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2
28th February 2013, 08:56 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
+1 for surface keyboard design, I have poetic keybook tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolz

I hate to say it but the design of the Surface tablet's keyboard is slick, it provides a front cover and a keyboard all while connecting via its magnetic pogo. I have high hopes someone designs one for the Nexus. Why are we so far behind the ball on this?

+1 to this, but I bought the $35 "Poetic Keybook Removable Keyboard" on amazon for the time being.

It has some stupid strap and arbitrary sized keys imo. Also the bluetooth has lag sometimes. I really want them to go the route of the microsoft surface keyboard design. Mainly because of less lag when typing vigorously.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes