Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,482 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A dumb question.

Tip us?

Christianfrank
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] A dumb question.

Hi.
I have a gt-p7500...hmm with both wifi and 3g. and I'm on Android 3.2.
As I have understand Samsung have released a 4.0.4 version for this device or is this wrong (I'm from Sweden) or am I wrong?
If they have not released this 4.0.4 I thinking of trying to flash my device to CM10 (or what it's called) Jellybean. But I don't know how, and im afraid to brick it (have read some scary notes about that.)

Can someone help me straighten this question marks for me?

/Christian Franksson, Sweden.

John Kester
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Default Re: [Q] A dumb question.

Yes, Samsung released ICS 404 for the device. Download the relevant files from Sammobile. Assuming you already have the samsung drivers installed on your pc and you have odin 1.85 too on the pc.

Extract the content of the firmware
Boot your device to download mode by simultaneously pressing and holding down power button and volume down the recovery and download modes appear.
Select the download mode by following the instructions.
Once in download mode, connect the device to the pc but ensure that odin is already opened and that usb debugging is checked in developers menu.
When your device is recognised, you will see yellow colour on one of the boxes in odin.
Click on pda and browse to the folder where you extracted the content of the zipped firmware, click the file and in odin, click start.
A green pass will be displayed on the box when the upgrading is successfully done.
Disconnect the device and it will reboot.
When it boots up, you will be on ICS. You can confirm from About Tablet in Settings.

Regarding installing CM 10 or 10.1 Jellybean, you will need to root the device first before you can apply any custom ROM or firmware.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

Christianfrank
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default cant find right file

Thanks for your help.
I have looked at sammobile but i cant find the right files that i need, i dont find my device there.
If i just find the files i think i can manage to upgrade to 4.0.4.
do you think you could help me?

Regards
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kester View Post
Yes, Samsung released ICS 404 for the device. Download the relevant files from Sammobile. Assuming you already have the samsung drivers installed on your pc and you have odin 1.85 too on the pc.

Extract the content of the firmware
Boot your device to download mode by simultaneously pressing and holding down power button and volume down the recovery and download modes appear.
Select the download mode by following the instructions.
Once in download mode, connect the device to the pc but ensure that odin is already opened and that usb debugging is checked in developers menu.
When your device is recognised, you will see yellow colour on one of the boxes in odin.
Click on pda and browse to the folder where you extracted the content of the zipped firmware, click the file and in odin, click start.
A green pass will be displayed on the box when the upgrading is successfully done.
Disconnect the device and it will reboot.
When it boots up, you will be on ICS. You can confirm from About Tablet in Settings.

Regarding installing CM 10 or 10.1 Jellybean, you will need to root the device first before you can apply any custom ROM or firmware.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

technobram
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Here is the link:

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/184058683/...5_NEE.zip.html

extract it with winrar and flash it with odin 1.85

Christianfrank
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by technobram View Post
Here is the link:

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/184058683/...5_NEE.zip.html

extract it with winrar and flash it with odin 1.85

thanks alot

Christianfrank
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default about jelly bean

If i decide to root my tablet and install jellybean. is cm10 the best stable choice?
is there something in this rom that not works?

/Christian

technobram
Old
(Last edited by technobram; 22nd February 2013 at 07:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, CM10 is very stable and you can find a bug/fix list on the CM10 forum. And if you want, I can send you a pm with a guide on how to root the galaxy tab and how to install android 4.1

Christianfrank
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by technobram View Post
Yes, CM10 is very stable and you can find a bug/fix list on the CM10 forum. And if you want, I can send you a pm with a guide on how to root the galaxy tab and how to install android 4.1
yes that would be very nice of you. If you could write don for me also how i can upgrade to 4.0.4 with odin i would be very happy. Im not sure if i will use 4.0.4 or jelly bean. 4.0.4 is a release from samsung i think. Im on 3.2 now.

thanks in advance.

regards
Christian

technobram
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you want a Very stable system completely without bugs, then i would recommend you the official samsung firmware (4.0.4) but if you dont care About a few bugs, then you can choose jellybean 4.1. But when you want to install android 4.1 you have to root your tab and then your warrenty wil be void. So do you want to install the official firmware or do you want to install android 4.1?