New Kickstand Case

Search This thread

rvb1

Nov 12, 2008
I am always looking for the perfect kickstand case. To me the perfect case is one that steadily stands the phone in landscape as well as portrait position. It is also important it fits in my front shirt pocket and is fairly easy to get it in and out of the pocket. I have tried several, but the one listed below is my new favorite. It is the thinnest I have tried and is one piece made of hard plastic and goes on easily and is a very good fit with all cutouts properly aligned. It has a nice patterned grip feature on one side so if you hold your phone with your left hand, your fingers will grip these. The kickstand is the best I have used. It is the wide kickstand measuring about 1.25" at its base for a very sturdy platform in portrait mode. The only cons so far are minor, the on/off button and volume rocker are covered and a little hard to press. Also the space between the stand and its brace is small and my finger does not fit in, so it is not as easy to use as a holder as the others I have used. As you can see the price is very reasonable and it also comes with a generic screen protector, a cloth and a generic touchscreen stylus pen. So far it is my favorite.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400405296661?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

iahk

Nov 21, 2010
oooh, i've never seen this yoobao case before.. noted.. pun intended.

Awestrike

Sep 27, 2011
Manila
That Yoobao case looks pretty good but when I first saw it, I was worried that the rotating thing would scrape against the phone's back panel. Does it?

iahk

Nov 21, 2010
I just got it in today. It doesn't touch the back of the phone. There's about a good millimeter or two between the phone and the rotating thing.

iahk

Nov 21, 2010
yep. that's actually why I bought it since it doubles up as portrait/landscape stand. the one problem is that it's a little wobbly. You have to adjust it a littlest bit. they could've remedied this by making it a bit wider.

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
do you think yoobao case rotating kick-stand disk will wear off after awhile? I mean constant rotation with whatever locking mechanism they use to keep it steady will wear off since it's all plastic stuff. But at the same time it can make for a neat fly-grip attachment :) Can you stick your finger under/inside?

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
If you have some time in your hands go to best buy and try this case. You wont regret it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Platinu...8855011527&skuId=7620045&st=7620045&cp=1&lp=1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

That's actually an re-branded SEIDIO Surface case.

http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung...e-metal-ks-combo-black-p/bd2-hr3ssgt2k-bk.htm

I have the Best Buy "Platinum Series" one here myself. It is a good case overall.

Pros: Very solid feel in your hands. Has a nice soft felt like material on the inside to offer extra protection. The kickstand works pretty well and offers a good angle for the Note 2 when in use. Very durable protection. Easy to install as its a two piece set for the case that clicks in place. The holster piece that comes with it is pretty durable as well and the belt clip is pretty nice as well.

Cons: Hard and I mean HARD to take the dang thing off. This could be a big deal killer for those who need to say swap out their battery/sd card/sim card or whatever often.

Certainly a good case but not without that one con that really be a deal killer for some.

Last edited:

premiatul

Sep 25, 2010
That's actually an re-branded SEIDIO Surface case.

http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung...e-metal-ks-combo-black-p/bd2-hr3ssgt2k-bk.htm

I have the Best Buy "Platinum Series" one here myself. It is a good case overall.

Pros: Very solid feel in your hands. Has a nice soft felt like material on the inside to offer extra protection. The kickstand works pretty well and offers a good angle for the Note 2 when in use. Very durable protection. Easy to install as its a two piece set for the case that clicks in place. The holster piece that comes with it is pretty durable as well and the belt clip is pretty nice as well.

Cons: Hard and I mean HARD to take the dang thing off. This could be a big deal killer for those who need to say swap out their battery/sd card/sim card or whatever often.

Certainly a good case but not without that one con that really be a deal killer for some.

I have this case too and I found that if you take a knife not sharp, more like the butter knife and insert it just off-center in the back "cut" where it snaps the 2 pieces in place, then "twist" the knife (very little twist), you hear a "snap" and now the 2 pieces will come off very easy. I was strugling with it too, but now it's a "snap" to take it off...lol...

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
there's a youtube video for the seido surface that explains a much easier way to take it off...so i assume it would work for this case as well.

samklee

Oct 8, 2009
It's a great case. But, as you mentioned, I wouldn't recommend one for people who chance their battery regularly. I stopped using mine when I started to see scratches on the edge of the sides of my phone. The case staves the phone when sliding it on and off.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Tuffcheez

Nov 8, 2010
It's a great case. But, as you mentioned, I wouldn't recommend one for people who chance their battery regularly. I stopped using mine when I started to see scratches on the edge of the sides of my phone. The case staves the phone when sliding it on and off.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

What case are you talking about? If you are talking about a different case to the OP please be clear. :confused:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

rvb1

Nov 12, 2008

Top Liked Posts