Do you guys think it's worth buying the HTC One?

Search This thread

TheRealGreenVirus

Oct 20, 2010
I really love this new HTC One but I am not sure if it's worth buying it. Do you guys think that HTC is going to release a new phone soon? Something like the HTC One+? Or do you guys think that it will stay the best HTC phone for a longer time.

djq

Dec 10, 2012
www.websitemarketing.co
I really love this new HTC One but I am not sure if it's worth buying it. Do you guys think that HTC is going to release a new phone soon? Something like the HTC One+? Or do you guys think that it will stay the best HTC phone for a longer time.

They are always going to make a better one down the road... just judge if you need a phone now or in a few months...

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

AttachedSilver

Oct 6, 2011
For me no. No SD card or removable battery is a deal breaker for me. Gonna wait for the GS4. Gotta love that slick metal finish and premium build quality.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto

They might, or they might not.

If you look at the One X +, the only feature present on that device over the One X is 64gb of ram.

Lets say that they Make a One + - what could they do? Bump it to a Snapdragon 800? Sure that would be impressive, however the jump from 600 to 800 is about a 35% boost, whereas from S4pro to 600 its a 40% bump.

So, is that extra 35% really worth it, when you can wait another few months and get their latest flagship which will probably be a 70% increase over 600?

As far as I'm concerned, rather then waiting for "+" versions, it is wiser to purchase initial releases.

Reactions: Greg1964

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
They might, or they might not.

If you look at the One X +, the only feature present on that device over the One X is 64gb of ram.

Lets say that they Make a One + - what could they do? Bump it to a Snapdragon 800? Sure that would be impressive, however the jump from 600 to 800 is about a 35% boost, whereas from S4pro to 600 its a 40% bump.

So, is that extra 35% really worth it, when you can wait another few months and get their latest flagship which will probably be a 70% increase over 600?

As far as I'm concerned, rather then waiting for "+" versions, it is wiser to purchase initial releases.

I think you have a typo there :p 64gb RAM then you got a deal! Also 800 snapdragon not only boosts the performance by 40% it also has a better GPU, better architecture, better power management, implemented ad on WIFI so it's now a/ac/ad/b/g/n and has LTE technology which has a maximum of 150mbit speed.

catachresistant

Nov 22, 2008
Preston
HTC always tends to refresh their flagships at around October-November.
Desire -> Desire HD
Sensation - Sensation.. XE? XL? I got em confused...
One X -> One X+

I think it will be the same this year.
That said, for me, buying the One is an easy decision. As usual, there are a few things I dislike that might or might not be fixed for the refresh, but isn't that always the case? I definitely don't imagine anything on the horizon beating it in terms of industrial design and sheer engineering chops.

autophone

Oct 27, 2010
Is it worth it? Yeah why not, just get another phone when a newer one comes out. Who wouldn't have $700 to buy a phone every month?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

jhonsok

Jul 15, 2010
You never told us what your using currently. I am using a one xl and I'm really on the fence.

I wish my one x had better louder speakers and I am impressed with the Ones camera.

I love the design and the extra capacity. (16gb is not enough for me). Will definitely opt for the 64gb variant if I do get one.

With that said, I'm not going to jump the gun right away.

Must be patient... Must resist the temptation to get it day 1 of release.

H

hot_spare

Who told you sgs4 will have sd slot and removable battery? If you dont mind their crappy plastic and design so wait

Anything wrong for people to wait and compare? Why do guys think that someone with the different perspective is wrong?

BTW, how many Samsung Galaxy S-series doesn't have any sd slot and removable battery? If history is of any indication, they will be present even in upcoming models.

Vauix

Mar 30, 2011

This question allways comes up when a new phone comes out. But only you can answer that. The great thing about Android is the wide varieties in phones, this is great because we all prefer something else.

I got a one S and will upgrade as soon as I can. Allways been a fan of the aluminium body's, love the oneS except it's screen. So this is the perfect phone for me.

There will always come a faster and better phone. But I'm sure this device is quite future proof. Alot More so than the Sony Z. The only thing that can kick the One of this throne now is the GS4, but I really really doubt it.

I'm convinced that this is THE phone of 2013

Reactions: iopjklohyeah

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Guys just wanna ask how is the anodized aluminum case on this device? Is it as hard as the nokia n8 or as crappy as the iphone 5?

Vauix

Mar 30, 2011
Guys just wanna ask how is the anodized aluminum case on this device? Is it as hard as the nokia n8 or as crappy as the iphone 5?

The only thing I've read about it is that HTC got an new production process which makes the aluminium even harder than that used in the iphone 5.

ChromeSkull

May 19, 2010
Not if, just When

I'll be buying a One. Just waiting until April for my contract to end with Vodafone and see if Three will offer the "One" with a 12month contract option. If not i'll just buy the phone and get a sim only, will still be cheaper in the long run than a 24month contract. That way I wont be stuck with the same contract for 2 years..

Reactions: 7ezekiel7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Who told you sgs4 will have sd slot and removable battery? If you dont mind their crappy plastic and design so wait

there is no end to whats coming 'next'
    Couldn't have been more underwhelmed or disappointed with the One announcement. How far in denial is HTC? Did they realize they left Egypt, and entered Sudan? They just don't get it. How many tough quarters will it take for them to get their head back in the game?

Blinkfeed would make using a third party launcher a must.

Zoe is just silly, did they forget you can already shoot video?

1080p vs 720p still hasn't sold me to any actual discernable difference at a sub 5" size. But those extra pixels will take more battery to run.

Sense 5 looks nice, and it looks really responsive on the demos, but so did Sense 4...

As long as we are talking software, the One has very little chance getting decent support. Blame AT&T all you want, but they aren't the ones that promised updates. And Samsung manages to update their devices on AT&T just fine.

Why go down to 2 buttons? Android still needs a menu button, that bar popping up all the time is super annoying. If you want to get rid of the multi task or menu key, just go all the way and go on-screen with the keys.

Still skeptical about a metal frame. We all know about antennagate, and the iPhone wasn't fully metal on the back. It may turn out okay, time will tell.

Honestly, yes, the One looks darn sexy. Great looking hardware. But if they are built to the low quality standards the One X was, they won't last long. Say what you want about Samsungs cheap plastic, but they last a lot longer, and take far more abuse than HTC hardware. At the end of the day I care more about my phone lasting, than having to get a replacement every month for a different hardware issue. Even if that hardware looks nicer. Function over form every time. (That's what I like TouchWiz better than any skin, including CM/AOKP)

Then the whole aspect of the locked bootloaders, S-Off, potential for warranty denial, and other extra hoops to get custom firmware to try to mitigate some of the terrible performance it's destined to have, bothers me. Versus it being so easy on a Samsung device a cave man could do it. The One X was going to have such an amazing dev scene, but I blinked so I missed it.

My time with the One X vs my past with Samsung devices could be summed up with this analogy: HTC is a blind date, you never know what your are going to get, this time she is pretty, but every minute you spend with her she gets more obnoxious. Samsung is the girl next door, often passed over for the "prettier" girl, but the more you get to know her the more beautiful she is. If somehow my Note II is pryed from my cold dead hands it won't be for the One.

Sent from my Note ][
    Yes, I think it's worth it. I'll be picking one up (Sprint variant) and I know quite a few other members of our team will be doing the same. So you know what that means :D we can't let you guys run around with just a "popular" build.prop tweaked kitchen ROM ;)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    i really hate these LCD displays its such an inferior technology to oled. The only thing they are good for is black text on white backgrounds. Android is all black so its a total loss. Colours just arent that good on these displays. Brightness is a total waste of time given that your battery goes from full to empty on any kind of decent brightness. With no removable battery this is a big issue. Im also not sure 1080p is worth it any more. 720p seems to be perfect balance.

Im seriously thinking about a note 2 now with the RGB Amoled display in LTE. Samsung is letting me down by loving to LCD on the S4. i really dont want LCD they are so boring.

My friend the note 2 is a beast. People who brag about their display, aka dna z10 etc... have just that to brag about... their spec sheet displays lol. They look at spec sheets and say "Oh well the note 2 has 720 display so it must look ugly"...complete morons. With its non pentile display the note 2s screen is ridiculously nice.

That is where the comparison ends. In terms of battery life, features, connectivity, durability and spen functionality, no phone on the market is even in the same ball park as the note 2. Just look at the review sites around the web. Honestly I laugh at people who try to compare their phones to the Note 2. This is how our conversations usually go. ...

Random person " look at my (insert any phone) phone! Best phone on the market "

Me "ya what makes it so special?"

Random person" looking how beautiful the screen is! "

Me " ok what else can it do that my note can't"

Random person " um well..."

Me "can it do multi Window? "

Random " um no but. .."

Me " can it have 5-6 applications open at the same time. ..on the same screen"

Random "well..."

Me "do you have an spen for photo editing?"

Random " no. ..But um..."

Me "does your battery last 2 days with at least 8 hours of pure on screen time and all wireless connections enabled? "

Random " probably not. .."

Me "Do you have a floating keyboard, browser, pop up video or even pop up s note? "

Random person "... no"

Me "....so again... What makes your phone so special? "

Random " ....."

Me "matter of fact. .. ( I turn to other random person and turn the brightness up on the screen) sir which screen looks better?"

Other random "I guess this one (points to random persons phone), but it's not a big difference really.."

Me "exactly... so you have a phone that has a slightly better screen resolution... But can't compare on any other features....I think I'll be sticking to my note 2..."

Random person " ..." walks away jealous...