Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Do you guys think it's worth buying the HTC One?

OP TheRealGreenVirus

21st February 2013, 11:15 AM   |  #21  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,693

2,877 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauix

The only thing I've read about it is that HTC got an new production process which makes the aluminium even harder than that used in the iphone 5.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Hmmm as far as I know anodizing doesn't need a new process whatsoever. If done correctly it should be very2 hard. Did you know that satellites used in space are being anodized to withstand impact against any space debris?

What I am worried of is the way they are putting in on phones.
21st February 2013, 11:33 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 75

161 posts
Re: Do you guys think it's worth buying the HTC One?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal

Hmmm as far as I know anodizing doesn't need a new process whatsoever. If done correctly it should be very2 hard. Did you know that satellites used in space are being anodized to withstand impact against any space debris?

I can't look it up now, but what I understand is that they use a new grade of aluminium composite. I think Engadget mentioned it.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 12:35 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 41

178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal

Yeah yeah fancy materials like iPhone 5 and HTC One S that sound uber good in theory, but practically they start to peel and get scratched the same week you buy the phone.

Build quality != fancy materials.

People said One X has superior build quality coz it used polycarbonate, yet there were phones with badly glued displays, light leaks and yellow spots, thats bad build quality right there.

Imo, dont buy HTC One, wait to see what GS4 has to offer or buy Xperia Z, that one is water resistant and IIRC has a mSD slot.
For my taste, HTC One is more of a 2012 phone with a huge resolution display, its thick (9.3mm), sealed and has too much bezel for a 2013 flagship. Rest is all gimmicks, just like the image chip and beats (praise Tegra DAC) in One X which were inferior to.. nothing fancy-branded in GS3.

I was dying for a new phone last year when One X was announced, yet I waited for GS3 and didnt regret it, and thats coming from HTC Desire and having Legend and Sensation in le family. If I want I can convert it anytime to MAXXX, and a day one root is eazy mode, no locked bootloaders / warranty bull**** etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nebsif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 12:58 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I've got a One X+, and that phone has been nothing but awesome. But after seeing this HTC One, it's a whole new ball game. I wanna get it. I'm not sure about the Blink Feed feature, but i really like HTC Zoe, Boomsound (laughable name) and not to mention Sense TV. Oh and also not to mention i saw it do a 12500 or there abouts benchmark test, where as my One X+ does 7200~.
21st February 2013, 02:50 PM   |  #25  
Louisville, Ky
Thanks Meter: 21

118 posts
More
Oh I want it too. But I'm a phone junkie.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to prissysox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 03:32 PM   |  #26  
Flag THIS PLANET
Thanks Meter: 169

448 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

Who told you sgs4 will have sd slot and removable battery? If you dont mind their crappy plastic and design so wait

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Who told u THEY will stick to plastic(they still make good phones with plastic...sum drop test show us) if Sammy uses plastic be sure they will add sumtin that's makes u forget its plastic....Sammy sure knows how to sell

Sent from my Desire Z using xda premium
21st February 2013, 03:39 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 59

244 posts
The S, S2, S3 were all plastic so chances are the S4 will be the same.

The great thing about tech is everyone has the choice of what device they want, no one should flame you for buying one over the other, buy what suits your needs and what you enjoy since your the one holding it/using it.

I personally like the HTC One and chose to buy it based on the features/design and look of it. I would never be like 'OMG WHY DID YOU BUY A HTC ONE, THE SGS4 WILL ABSOLUTELY SMASH IT' etc...

Yes companies use gimmicks like 'Ultra Pixel' and various other buzzwords but EVERY company does it.... It's called marketing. In HTC's case they can't really just say 'Megapixel' because the size of the pixel is much larger so ofc they had to come up with a new word
Last edited by kalo88; 21st February 2013 at 03:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kalo88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 03:57 PM   |  #28  
Recognized Contributor
Flag U.S.A
Thanks Meter: 20,933

11,223 posts
Donate to Me
More
is it wrong im counting down the days ?
21st February 2013, 04:02 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 363

1,080 posts
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy the One. Samsung isn't for me. I hate plastic phones, when will Samsung learn? Thumbs up for One

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalo88

The S, S2, S3 were all plastic so chances are the S4 will be the same.

The great thing about tech is everyone has the choice of what device they want, no one should flame you for buying one over the other, buy what suits your needs and what you enjoy since your the one holding it/using it.

I personally like the HTC One and chose to buy it based on the features/design and look of it. I would never be like 'OMG WHY DID YOU BUY A HTC ONE, THE SGS4 WILL ABSOLUTELY SMASH IT' etc...

Yes companies use gimmicks like 'Ultra Pixel' and various other buzzwords but EVERY company does it.... It's called marketing. In HTC's case they can't really just say 'Megapixel' because the size of the pixel is much larger so ofc they had to come up with a new word

And the average customer will be dissappointed seeing a device with just 4 'megapixel' camera. So ultrapixel is an acceptable name IMHO

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium
21st February 2013, 04:04 PM   |  #30  
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,589

9,411 posts
More
and so it begins...like deja vu from last year...One X vs S3...nothing ever changes

but to throw my opinion...I will wait...wait till the S4 comes out and then i will judge which one is really worth having around..the One will be a lot more easier to get s-off due to the fact it is not T4...all Quallcomms are easy to crack so this one should not be a problem..just look at the recent findings regarding the latest phones receiving the exploit.

S4 being plastic who knows..No one knows what the phone looks like and what it will have on board...i am seriously thinking about going back to sammy just for the fact the bootloader might be unlocked and easier to develop for it.....but again same for the One again if its unlocked to with soff..arrggh hard choice...but best wait for reviews and more important user reviews who buy it on release day..dont go through the mistakes i did last year were i had to send back like 3 units till i got the perfect one...

yes plastic is cheap but look at the One x..that is plastic to...gorgeous plastic though... but plastic is harder to break though when you drop it

rather be safe than sorry

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread