Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Can it used microSDHC?

OP cheater1

20th February 2013, 11:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
There is a sale on SanDisk Ultra Class 10 microSDHC. Can Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 support micriSDHC? Can it support 64GB?
20th February 2013, 11:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,465 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheater1

There is a sale on SanDisk Ultra Class 10 microSDHC. Can Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 support micriSDHC? Can it support 64GB?

I and lots of other in here have a UHS-1 (post-class 10)-rated Sandisk 64 GB SDXC. Works great on updated systems (mostly not working on the units at launch date) and all current custom ROMs. Look up the thread on external memory - that's what the search function is for, mate!
21st February 2013, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper

I and lots of other in here have a UHS-1 (post-class 10)-rated Sandisk 64 GB SDXC. Works great on updated systems (mostly not working on the units at launch date) and all current custom ROMs. Look up the thread on external memory - that's what the search function is for, mate!

Thank for the help. I'm not good with memory and types of memory. Is the SDXC same as microSDHC?
21st February 2013, 06:09 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,469

3,485 posts
More
Quote:

Thank for the help. I'm not good with memory and types of memory. Is the SDXC same as microSDHC?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

(micro)SDHC is limited to 32 GB, everything above is (micro)SDXC. SDXC is by default formatted exFAT, which is also supported by the TF700 using a preinstalled proprietary kernel module.
21st February 2013, 08:40 AM   |  #5  

1,465 posts
Re: [Q] Can it used microSDHC?
Quote:

_that gave you the technically far more complete and eloquent answer (@_that: how do you keep all this inf in your brain? ) but the short answer for Dummies is that if we can use SDXC to good effect, you can use SDHC (since it is an older standard, and support for it is more widespread).
21st February 2013, 06:37 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,469

3,485 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper

@_that: how do you keep all this inf in your brain?

I don't need to - I know how to use Google.
22nd February 2013, 12:23 AM   |  #7  

1,465 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that

I don't need to - I know how to use Google.

Ah. I know how to do a search, but I have to admit that I oftentimes just don't take the time for that. Still, I think you're great for knowledge!
The Following User Says Thank You to MartyHulskemper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 08:23 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Hey, don't underrate the ability to Google. You might be surprised how many otherwise smart people find it difficult to form a good query that returns focused results.
22nd February 2013, 09:16 AM   |  #9  

1,465 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulosity

Hey, don't underrate the ability to Google. You might be surprised how many otherwise smart people find it difficult to form a good query that returns focused results.

Hahaha, you're right. Luckily, when I said 'I know how to search", I really meant "I know how to search". I do find it funny how, sometimes, just adding one term -- or even changing the sequence of terms -- makes the results so different. You really have to be creative sometimes. (And I'm surprised at what people have published about -- it's very, very rare that nobody ever posted on a specific subject. One big happy pool of information waiting to be harvested.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread