Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can it used microSDHC?

Tip us?

cheater1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can it used microSDHC?

There is a sale on SanDisk Ultra Class 10 microSDHC. Can Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 support micriSDHC? Can it support 64GB?

MartyHulskemper
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheater1 View Post
There is a sale on SanDisk Ultra Class 10 microSDHC. Can Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 support micriSDHC? Can it support 64GB?
I and lots of other in here have a UHS-1 (post-class 10)-rated Sandisk 64 GB SDXC. Works great on updated systems (mostly not working on the units at launch date) and all current custom ROMs. Look up the thread on external memory - that's what the search function is for, mate!
"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
-- Murphy's Military Laws, as referenced on http://www.military-info.com/freebies/murphy.htm

"The skill of accurate perception is called cynicism by those who don't possess it."
-- Alan Millar

cheater1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper View Post
I and lots of other in here have a UHS-1 (post-class 10)-rated Sandisk 64 GB SDXC. Works great on updated systems (mostly not working on the units at launch date) and all current custom ROMs. Look up the thread on external memory - that's what the search function is for, mate!
Thank for the help. I'm not good with memory and types of memory. Is the SDXC same as microSDHC?

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2318
Quote:
Thank for the help. I'm not good with memory and types of memory. Is the SDXC same as microSDHC?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

(micro)SDHC is limited to 32 GB, everything above is (micro)SDXC. SDXC is by default formatted exFAT, which is also supported by the TF700 using a preinstalled proprietary kernel module.

MartyHulskemper
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Default Re: [Q] Can it used microSDHC?

Quote:
_that gave you the technically far more complete and eloquent answer (@_that: how do you keep all this inf in your brain? ) but the short answer for Dummies is that if we can use SDXC to good effect, you can use SDHC (since it is an older standard, and support for it is more widespread).
-- Murphy's Military Laws, as referenced on http://www.military-info.com/freebies/murphy.htm

"The skill of accurate perception is called cynicism by those who don't possess it."
-- Alan Millar

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2318

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper View Post
@_that: how do you keep all this inf in your brain?
I don't need to - I know how to use Google.

MartyHulskemper
Old
Thanks Meter 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by _that View Post
I don't need to - I know how to use Google.
Ah. I know how to do a search, but I have to admit that I oftentimes just don't take the time for that. Still, I think you're great for knowledge!

-- Alan Millar
The Following User Says Thank You to MartyHulskemper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nebulosity
Old
Thanks Meter 1

Hey, don't underrate the ability to Google. You might be surprised how many otherwise smart people find it difficult to form a good query that returns focused results.

MartyHulskemper
Old
Thanks Meter 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulosity View Post
Hey, don't underrate the ability to Google. You might be surprised how many otherwise smart people find it difficult to form a good query that returns focused results.
Hahaha, you're right. Luckily, when I said 'I know how to search", I really meant "I know how to search". I do find it funny how, sometimes, just adding one term -- or even changing the sequence of terms -- makes the results so different. You really have to be creative sometimes. (And I'm surprised at what people have published about -- it's very, very rare that nobody ever posted on a specific subject. One big happy pool of information waiting to be harvested.

-- Alan Millar