Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] [discussion] HTC One port possible?

Tip us?

macpherson123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Cool [q] [discussion] HTC One port possible?

Is anybody as excited as I am about the HTC One? Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing a port to our One X.
Can anybody see a reason why this would never happen?
PHONE: Black Telecom Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505
RECOVERY: Latest CWM
ROM: [JB 4.3]CM10.2 Nightlies
THEME: Huh?
HTC Magic > HTC Desire > Samsung Galaxy 5 > Samsung Galaxy SII > Hauwei G6600 (lol) > Samsung Galaxy S > S3 > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One (m7) > HTC Desire 300
The Following User Says Thank You to macpherson123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

keroro430
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Default Re: [q] [discussion] HTC One port possible?

Good Question. I am also interested. But the first problem should be solved first. It's the screen problem. hTC One has a full 1080p screen and One X only has 720p. So everything is needed to resize.

Sorry about my bad English.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Device : HTC One X with Unlocked S-ON
Network : SmarTone HK
Rom : Maximus 21.1.0 with Sense 5 Android 4.2.2
Radio : 5.1204.167.31
Kernel : Stock
Recovery : TWRP 2.6.0.0
Mod : None
Previous Phones : HTC Incredible S
Thanks to all developers!

macpherson123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro430 View Post
Good Question. I am also interested. But the first problem should be solved first. It's the screen problem. hTC One has a full 1080p screen and One X only has 720p. So everything is needed to resize.

Sorry about my bad English.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
That does pose an issue straight away. But surely it wouldn't be the first time we've seen a cross-resolution port? Then again, none pop to mind

What about starting with Sense 5, or even just some things like messaging etc. All depending of intirgration with the new framework i suppose. We'd really need the input from a developer here.

Android is famous for its abilities to change resolution on demand. In fact its one if the best things in my opinion. Just look at the clambook pro coming out soon, it amplifies your device screen to its own. Source
PHONE: Black Telecom Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505
RECOVERY: Latest CWM
ROM: [JB 4.3]CM10.2 Nightlies
THEME: Huh?
HTC Magic > HTC Desire > Samsung Galaxy 5 > Samsung Galaxy SII > Hauwei G6600 (lol) > Samsung Galaxy S > S3 > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One (m7) > HTC Desire 300

lolozaur
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I'm curious to see if we can port the new Zoe feature for the camera, as i don't know if it depends 100% on the camera sensor of the HTC One, or it might be more of a software implementation, rather than hardware. Saw the video of the new camera interface and features and I gotta say, it's awesome.
Waiting to see if a port will be possible
Current Phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 7100
OLD Phones : HTC Typhoon, HTC Touch Dual, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, Motorola Milestone, HTC Desire HD, LG Optimus Black, LG Optimus 2X, Samsung S2 I9100, HTC Incredible S, Samsung Note 7000, HTC One X, Samsung I9305
~~~~~~~~
If my posts have helped you, don't be shy and please hit the Thanks button

xl VipeR lx
Old
Thanks Meter 2,392

DONATE TO ME

I hate the look of sense 5 though

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App
|HTC One Silver ||ROM: Stock ||KERNEL: Stock

|Previous Devices: HTC Touch HD, HD2, Xperia X10, Desire HD, Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC ONE X, Xperia Z|

|CLICK HERE FOR MY XPERIA Z [NOOBS GUIDE] Create your own stock firmware FTF & Flashtool flashing guide[+ pics]|
|CLICK HERE FOR MY HTC SENSATION GUIDE TO S-OFF,(noobproof)|
|If you feel like buying me a Drink CLICK HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xl VipeR lx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muamers
Old
Thanks Meter 347

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei.je View Post
I'm curious to see if we can port the new Zoe feature for the camera, as i don't know if it depends 100% on the camera sensor of the HTC One, or it might be more of a software implementation, rather than hardware. Saw the video of the new camera interface and features and I gotta say, it's awesome.
Waiting to see if a port will be possible
Zoe and the galery would be the only thing that would worth buying it

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda premium

HTC Diamond-> HTC HD2-> HTC Sensation XE-> HTC One X-> Samsung Galaxy S4-> Samsung Note 3
ROM : Android Revolution HD Ver 31.3 by Mike1986 and X-NOTE Ver 13.0 by soloilmeglio
Kernel: leanKernel Ver 2.3 by Imoseyon
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

virtualflyer
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Default R: [q] [discussion] HTC One port possible?

I'm really hoping we'll have official sense 5

Sent from my wonderful One X ruined by the worst phone producer... h....t.....c.....

manne48
Old
Thanks Meter 437

DONATE TO ME
i readed that htc will update the one x to sense 5,so everybody can take what he wonts,sense 4,5,+ stockandroid or whatever,maby ubuntu-mobile.

http://www.inside-handy.de/news/2759...zeroberflaeche

theDroidfanatic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,710

Well, like some devs did for the SII initially, we'll have to start with resizing all the images to XHDPI, rather than its 1080P screen.

However, many of the features, like the camera might not work, since it depends on the new Image Sense chip and new hardware altogether AFAIK, so we would need to make or edit custom drivers and libs, which, is very difficult, not impossible tho AFAIK.

Hope this project is a successful one, Good Luck, and I'm here to contribute, of any help/contribution is needed

Sent from my HTC One X
One X Developer
Blade | Blade ExTrimmed

Check out my homescreens on MyColorScreen
Follow me on Twitter @theDroidfanatic
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theDroidfanatic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cryptic Rage
Old
Thanks Meter 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDroidfanatic View Post
Well, like some devs did for the SII initially, we'll have to start with resizing all the images to XHDPI, rather than its 1080P screen.

However, many of the features, like the camera might not work, since it depends on the new Image Sense chip and new hardware altogether AFAIK, so we would need to make or edit custom drivers and libs, which, is very difficult, not impossible tho AFAIK.

Hope this project is a successful one, Good Luck, and I'm here to contribute, of any help/contribution is needed

Sent from my HTC One X
I know you can do this ! =D:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X -Blade Rom- EPIC BATTERY.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cryptic Rage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
htc m7, htx one, port, rom