[q] [discussion] HTC One port possible?

OP macpherson123

21st February 2013, 04:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 19

115 posts
More
Is anybody as excited as I am about the HTC One? Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing a port to our One X.
Can anybody see a reason why this would never happen?
The Following User Says Thank You to macpherson123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 06:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 39

192 posts
More
Re: [q] [discussion] HTC One port possible?
Good Question. I am also interested. But the first problem should be solved first. It's the screen problem. hTC One has a full 1080p screen and One X only has 720p. So everything is needed to resize.

Sorry about my bad English.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 06:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 19

115 posts
More
Originally Posted by keroro430

Good Question. I am also interested. But the first problem should be solved first. It's the screen problem. hTC One has a full 1080p screen and One X only has 720p. So everything is needed to resize.

Sorry about my bad English.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

That does pose an issue straight away. But surely it wouldn't be the first time we've seen a cross-resolution port? Then again, none pop to mind

What about starting with Sense 5, or even just some things like messaging etc. All depending of intirgration with the new framework i suppose. We'd really need the input from a developer here.

Android is famous for its abilities to change resolution on demand. In fact its one if the best things in my opinion. Just look at the clambook pro coming out soon, it amplifies your device screen to its own. Source
21st February 2013, 08:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 33

93 posts
More
I'm curious to see if we can port the new Zoe feature for the camera, as i don't know if it depends 100% on the camera sensor of the HTC One, or it might be more of a software implementation, rather than hardware. Saw the video of the new camera interface and features and I gotta say, it's awesome.
Waiting to see if a port will be possible
21st February 2013, 11:47 AM   |  #5  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 2,405

1,735 posts
Donate to Me
More
I hate the look of sense 5 though

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xl VipeR lx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 07:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 353

1,014 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei.je

I'm curious to see if we can port the new Zoe feature for the camera, as i don't know if it depends 100% on the camera sensor of the HTC One, or it might be more of a software implementation, rather than hardware. Saw the video of the new camera interface and features and I gotta say, it's awesome.
Waiting to see if a port will be possible

Zoe and the galery would be the only thing that would worth buying it

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda premium
21st February 2013, 08:02 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 45

331 posts
More
R: [q] [discussion] HTC One port possible?
I'm really hoping we'll have official sense 5

Sent from my wonderful One X ruined by the worst phone producer... h....t.....c.....
21st February 2013, 08:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag Bielefeld
Thanks Meter: 444

1,070 posts
Donate to Me
More
i readed that htc will update the one x to sense 5,so everybody can take what he wonts,sense 4,5,+ stockandroid or whatever,maby ubuntu-mobile.

http://www.inside-handy.de/news/2759...zeroberflaeche
22nd February 2013, 02:59 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jeddah
Thanks Meter: 5,717

7,175 posts
More
Well, like some devs did for the SII initially, we'll have to start with resizing all the images to XHDPI, rather than its 1080P screen.

However, many of the features, like the camera might not work, since it depends on the new Image Sense chip and new hardware altogether AFAIK, so we would need to make or edit custom drivers and libs, which, is very difficult, not impossible tho AFAIK.

Hope this project is a successful one, Good Luck, and I'm here to contribute, of any help/contribution is needed

Sent from my HTC One X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theDroidfanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 10:17 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 31

111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDroidfanatic

Well, like some devs did for the SII initially, we'll have to start with resizing all the images to XHDPI, rather than its 1080P screen.

However, many of the features, like the camera might not work, since it depends on the new Image Sense chip and new hardware altogether AFAIK, so we would need to make or edit custom drivers and libs, which, is very difficult, not impossible tho AFAIK.

Hope this project is a successful one, Good Luck, and I'm here to contribute, of any help/contribution is needed

Sent from my HTC One X

I know you can do this ! =D:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X -Blade Rom- EPIC BATTERY.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cryptic Rage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc m7, htx one, port, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread