XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root or stay stock?

Tip us?

sofia-captivate
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default Root or stay stock?

I still haven't rooted my note 2. I want to root and get custom roms but scared the roms might not have good battery like stock. I'm not sure what's you guys opinion?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

PhxDroid86
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Default Re: Root or stay stock?

Everything gets better with custom roms

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to PhxDroid86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pierrekid
Old
Thanks Meter 150

Stock.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Markor13
Old
Thanks Meter 77

I have rooted every Android I ever owned including ny Note 2... This is the only phone I have unrooted and went back to fully stock. I am very happy with the way this phone runs stock.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

sleepy8686
Old
Thanks Meter 4

I absolutely had in my mind I wasn't going to root etc. but im running the latest jedi rom and it is phenomenal!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Fear my Jedi-Rommed S-Pen-Sabre!

remmy925
Old
Thanks Meter 2

There are some cool features tied in with touch wizard specific to our pen capability. If you go custom you may lose that. So I would look more at rooting like such. Do I want root to bypass tethering lockdown from the vendor or to make backups with Titainium? Do I really need to overclock or undervolt? Do a new ROM's features negate the potential loss of pen related features

Sent from my GT-N7105

zellroot
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Im rooted running stock, tried jedirom 10 and had to pull the battery after every phone call. Still havent gotten an answer as to why this was happening. Went back to stock rooted and done with custom roms until this gets ironed out.....on a positive note, that jedi 10 with that kernel was flying and im very disappointed that I couldnt stick with it as it has awsome features.

safeplayer22
Old
(Last edited by safeplayer22; 21st February 2013 at 07:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellroot View Post
Im rooted running stock, tried jedirom 10 and had to pull the battery after every phone call. Still havent gotten an answer as to why this was happening. Went back to stock rooted and done with custom roms until this gets ironed out.....on a positive note, that jedi 10 with that kernel was flying and im very disappointed that I couldnt stick with it as it has awsome features.
I was running stock rooted since I got my phone late last December. But today I finally decided to run a custom rom and jedi 10 was it. Flashed with no problems and do not see the problem you have. The rom is really nice. Here are some features I would suggest rooting for:

1. Free wifi tethering (it's a must for me since T-mobile charges $15 for me to use data that I'm already paying for).
2. Wifi calling (good option to have in case I do not have signals) - the jedi 10 rom offers this.
3. Multi-windown (any app) - a cool feature. I don't think I will use it much though. But it's good to use to show off.
4. Samsung keyboard with auto-correct. I wanted to keep the samsung keyboard so that I can use the s-pen sometimes. But the jedi rom has the auto-keyboard switcher embedded.

SAMOANBK47
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ??????

I rooted my phone I think but now I dont know what to do next! How do I pick a rom and where do I go to pick a rom or download one? Also what are kernals and overclicking?

Mftek1
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMOANBK47 View Post
I rooted my phone I think but now I dont know what to do next! How do I pick a rom and where do I go to pick a rom or download one? Also what are kernals and overclicking?
Before you do anything else, search "nandroid" learn all about it, and make one.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium