5,597,084 Members 46,768 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle Fire HD 7" Freezes on Fastboot logo

Tip us?
 
mharlan95
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default [Q] Kindle Fire HD 7" Freezes on Fastboot logo

In trying to install a custom bootloader on my Kindle Fire HD 7", I bricked it. When trying to start it normally, it shows "kindle fire" for a few seconds, but then the screen goes black and it becomes totally unresponsive. When I tried booting it with a factory cable, it shows "kindle fire" for a few seconds, and then switches to the "fastboot" logo, but again it is unresponsive. In both cases, my kindle is never found by adb or fastboot or any other utility when connected to my computer. I'm fairly certain this not a driver problem, because my kindle was recognized before, which is how I rooted my kindle. Is there anything else I can try to unbrick my kindle? The main problem is that it is never recognized by my computer. Now what?
 
soupmagnet
Old
#2  
soupmagnet's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2262
Posts: 4,020
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: [Q] Kindle Fire HD 7" Freezes on Fastboot logo

What custom bootloader did you try to install?

Sent from my KFHD 8.9 using Tapatalk 2
 
Krsmqn
Old
#3  
Krsmqn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 795
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Re: [Q] Kindle Fire HD 7" Freezes on Fastboot logo

EEK!!!!

Messing with the bootloader on the kfhd is suicide. You may want to think about calling Amazon and see if they will replace it.
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.
 
AmrBanawan
Old
(Last edited by AmrBanawan; 21st February 2013 at 10:39 AM.)
#4  
AmrBanawan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 245
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alexandria
Go into fastboot mode and type this in command prompt wherever you have fastboot.exe and adb.exe (To do that just go to that folder, shift+right click anywhere and select open command window here).

Post the output

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product

and idk if you know this but...if you get your kindle into fastboot mode... all you see is the logo nothing more, and everything else is done through command prompt in windows, So assuming you already know that, what made you think it is unresponsive?
 
miztah1999z
Old
#5  
miztah1999z's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 72
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Default Re: [Q] Kindle Fire HD 7" Freezes on Fastboot logo

Yeah he is right. Call them, tell them what happened but not how it happened.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app
If I helped you in any way, hit the thanks button!
 
mharlan95
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan View Post
Go into fastboot mode and type this in command prompt wherever you have fastboot.exe and adb.exe (To do that just go to that folder, shift+right click anywhere and select open command window here).

Post the output

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product

and idk if you know this but...if you get your kindle into fastboot mode... all you see is the logo nothing more, and everything else is done through command prompt in windows, So assuming you already know that, what made you think it is unresponsive?
The issue is that my kindle is not "discovered", "recognized", or whatever you want to call it by my computer. It has before, because I was able to root my kindle earlier, so I'm fairly certain that it isn't a driver problem, which is the usual response I've found. None of the fastboot commands work because my kindle can't be found.
 
lacoursiere18
Old
#7  
lacoursiere18's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2508
Posts: 2,047
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boca Raton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharlan95 View Post
The issue is that my kindle is not "discovered", "recognized", or whatever you want to call it by my computer. It has before, because I was able to root my kindle earlier, so I'm fairly certain that it isn't a driver problem, which is the usual response I've found. None of the fastboot commands work because my kindle can't be found.
Hmmm.. Thats weird what did you exactly do? I would try to reinstall the drivers. When you go into device manager do you see it there when it is plugged in? I had the same problem but my micro usb ports where fried in the Kindle bc I had a faulty fastboot cable.. Let us know if you see it in device manager..
 
Krsmqn
Old
(Last edited by Krsmqn; 22nd February 2013 at 04:01 AM.)
#8  
Krsmqn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 795
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Re: [Q] Kindle Fire HD 7" Freezes on Fastboot logo

If you tried to install Hashcode's 2nd bootloader, which is the only one that would work, it sounds like you missed a step somewhere. Is that the bootloader you tried to install?
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.
 
mharlan95
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2013
Alright, so it was a driver problem. I ended up removing all drivers and sdk stuff, and then reinstalled and reloaded everything, which enabled fastboot to discover my device when using a factory cable. Problem solved. I found you just have to be careful when setting up sdk, and do every single step as listed on https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/setup.html.
 
oliverisboss
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2014
Smile frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharlan95 View Post
In trying to install a custom bootloader on my Kindle Fire HD 7", I bricked it. When trying to start it normally, it shows "kindle fire" for a few seconds, but then the screen goes black and it becomes totally unresponsive. When I tried booting it with a factory cable, it shows "kindle fire" for a few seconds, and then switches to the "fastboot" logo, but again it is unresponsive. In both cases, my kindle is never found by adb or fastboot or any other utility when connected to my computer. I'm fairly certain this not a driver problem, because my kindle was recognized before, which is how I rooted my kindle. Is there anything else I can try to unbrick my kindle? The main problem is that it is never recognized by my computer. Now what?
I have the exact same problem but found an unusual solution. after 2 months of pain and toil i did something that saved me. When your kindle is frosen on the logo with no animation, you have to restart your computer with your kindle plugged in. I restarted and boom my kindle restarted a few times and booted up. It did not work when i plugged it into usb 3.0 ports, but the usb 2.0 was fine. I just restarted with the kindle plugged in, and it unbricked.
Hope this helps

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...