[Q] Steps to updating the bootloader firmware?

22nd February 2013, 12:55 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 11

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper

Once you've unlocked your bootlader, updating it to the lastest (and presumably greatest) will only updat its code, and not relock it. (If it did that, I bet a lot of the users with trouble could've gotten a free warranty reset! -- ASUS wouldn't do that, trust me.)

For completeness' sake: if you did not unlock the bootloader before, the unlock tool will remain as functional as it would have been in the first place. If you can't unlock the new bootloader, you couldn't have unlocked the old one either (issue is on ASUS' side, well referenced on the forum).

Reflashing an older bootloader: no, unless you have NvFlash and the concurrent backup files-- I didn't gather you ran that procedure before upgrading to .30...

TL;DR: your bootloader will remain unlocked if you unlocked it prior to updating, and remains unlockable if not.

fantastic. thanks for the detailed reply.
any idea if the reboot to recovery thing is BL-related? if so, would upgrading it solve the problem? or is the tf700 owner's club SOL with that?
22nd February 2013, 08:46 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,442

3,451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman2k1

any idea if the reboot to recovery thing is BL-related?

Maybe. It works for me, with the 10.4.4.25 bootloader.

In any case, before you use any "reboot to recovery" tool after flashing a new recovery, always test the new recovery by starting it at least once with the power/volume button combination.
The Following User Says Thank You to _that For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 09:12 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,465 posts
Re: [Q] Steps to updating the bootloader firmware?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman2k1

fantastic. thanks for the detailed reply.
any idea if the reboot to recovery thing is BL-related? if so, would upgrading it solve the problem? or is the tf700 owner's club SOL with that?

My pleasure!

I had a boot-to-recovery loop once with CM10 -- that was a hairpuller. After doing some research (all the while hair-pulling, to be honest), this zip solved it. So as far as I'm concerned, that'd be a yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _that

Maybe. It works for me, with the 10.4.4.25 bootloader.

In any case, before you use any "reboot to recovery" tool after flashing a new recovery, always test the new recovery by starting it at least once with the power/volume button combination.

This is always sound advice -- the older recoveries indeed have caused quite a few splitting headaches.
The Following User Says Thank You to MartyHulskemper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 02:13 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 11

51 posts
thank you, fellas!

EDIT: I upgraded my bootloader successfully. I can now issue the "reboot recovery" command and end up in CWMR. Thanks again!
Last edited by rayman2k1; 22nd February 2013 at 02:46 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Transformer TF700 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank