Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will this device ever have a dev team?

Tip us?

sebastianlow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Will this device ever have a dev team?

I just got this phone recently and I wondered if we will ever have a good dev team for this phone. The glory days of this phone is rather short lived as HTC announced the One but I really love this phone because of the screen and if devs all jumped to the One I will be quite sad. That said, do you guys think we will have a good dev team? I know this phone is not really released into other parts of the world yet and people should start browsing more on this forum when that happens.

sublimethe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Why do you think that its days are gonna end fast? M7, as i know do not have microSD slot. Its like an MP3 pleers story - when everybody stoped making them with external butteries. The iRiver t60 is the last one iknow with buttery - and now it sells for $200.

ant178
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianlow View Post
I just got this phone recently and I wondered if we will ever have a good dev team for this phone. The glory days of this phone is rather short lived as HTC announced the One but I really love this phone because of the screen and if devs all jumped to the One I will be quite sad. That said, do you guys think we will have a good dev team? I know this phone is not really released into other parts of the world yet and people should start browsing more on this forum when that happens.
This device doesn't seem to be very popular, maybe you can still sell it while its retaining value and move on to the htc one when it releases.

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17052

DONATE TO ME
this device did not launch in major gsm markets (most of europe, north america), and in fact despite being a better device (imo) because of the sdcard many gsm users bought the droid dna specifically because of better dev support from verizon devs at least

and even though the devices are similar, without one in hand most devs (myself included) wont port dna work to it since its too annoying

forelli
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Default Re: Will this device ever have a dev team?

To be honest, this device will be my 2nd device once the HTC One is out BUT ONLY if there is a possibility to S-Off the HTC One. Without it, I don't see the point of having almost twice the same device.

f.

Sent from my x920d Butterfly using The Dark Side of the Force
HTC One Black
S-OFF
Big thanks to the Firewater Team

If I was useful to you, please press the THANKS button

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me." Sith Code
gplus.to/Starkiller as Galen Marek Twitter: @Darth_Sideous as Dantius Palpatine

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 728

DONATE TO ME
Just be glad that we have atleast one dev "mdeejay" porting his ROM for x920d ...
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sebastianlow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
There should be official CyanogenMod support for this guy right? And, how hard is it to port a ROM to this device? I might want to learn to port some ROMs from the DNA to this one.

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 728

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Will this device ever have a dev team?

I don't think there will be any CM support now that HTC One has been announced.. That device seems more promising with less variants to dev for..

As for developing yourself, that's how every dev started need patience, tech knowledge and some hard work plus time!

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4

sublimethe
Old
(Last edited by sublimethe; 23rd February 2013 at 03:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I dont understand - in what universe One is way better then Butterfly? As i know it has 10-20% faster CPU and NO microSD slot. LTE, NFC, full banf 3G support - is a questions. So why does everybody speaks about it? Aluminum case?

upd It have only 1 Gb RAM... Why is it so expectable???

sebastianlow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimethe View Post
I dont understand - in what universe One is way better then Butterfly? As i know it has 10-20% faster CPU and NO microSD slot. LTE, NFC, full banf 3G support - is a questions. So why does everybody speaks about it? Aluminum case?

upd It have only 1 Gb RAM... Why is it so expectable???
The things I like about the One is the metal body, the stereo speakers and the bigger battery. The screen of the Butterfly can't be beat, I went back to using the One X and the screen is feels so small! The 5 inch Full HD screen on this phone is just amazing!!!