5,606,779 Members 38,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

the first thing you will do once you get your "1" ?

Tip us?

kkk121
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Default Re: the first thing you will do once you get your "1" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strip419 View Post
+1 hiding in my bedroom with some hand cream....
Lol hahah u guys r crazy hahah.. I will get rid of the s3 lol that i got as a gift haha o and ill buy it on my off day so i spend the whole day with the phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Riyal
Old
(Last edited by Riyal; 22nd February 2013 at 06:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1288

DONATE TO ME
As far as I know there's a setting on which we could set the default homescreen back to the old android style. But yeah blinkfeed will be the default on factory setting. Same goes for the 3x5 app drawer. You can set it to 4x5 also. Not sure about the horizontal scroll though and yeah horizontal one is alot more better if you ask me.

Regarding root the moment any even average developer who knows how to extract and repack ramdisks get's a hold of the phone then root should be available. I for one can create a rooted phone in just a few hours. Just
Unlock the phone, dump the kernel, extract ramdisk, insert root there, repack ramdisk, reflash kernel = root. But making a custom recovery to root the device is another thing..

And yeah for me the first thing I'm gonna do when I get the phone is the most grandest of all!!!!!!!!!

Press the power button!

NiCk.JaY
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
And yeah for me the first thing I'm gonna do when I get the phone is the most grandest of all!!!!!!!!!

Press the power button!
LOL, just forgot that

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1288

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCk.JaY View Post
LOL, just forgot that
believe it or not that's what 99% of the people do with their new phones.

iB4STiD
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12254

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
As far as I know there's a setting on which we could set the default homescreen back to the old android style. But yeah blinkfeed will be the default on factory setting. Same goes for the 3x5 app drawer. You can set it to 4x5 also. Not sure about the horizontal scroll though and yeah horizontal one is alot more better if you ask me.

Regarding root the moment any even average developer who knows how to extract and repack ramdisks get's a hold of the phone then root should be available. I for one can create a rooted phone in just a few hours. Just
Unlock the phone, dump the kernel, extract ramdisk, insert root there, repack ramdisk, reflash kernel = root. But making a custom recovery to root the device is another thing..

Press the power button!
ya, read on engadget that there was a setting to disable blink feed, the 2 things that worry me bout the 1, att locks the bootloader and battery life will suck, but we shall see soon enuff

btw funny replies guys

follow me @iB4STiD

bhchin4480
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon72 View Post

But OT, I will use it to convert even more iphan boys lol. To date 18 people have switched because of me. I'm trying to break 20 before the One comes out.
Good Job

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1288

DONATE TO ME
Why the hate with apple? lol
I could give them credit with the performance of the battery life of their phones.

I say apple is good. It's just

Apple = ordinary users
Android = power users

ios is good if you just plan to use the phone for installing apps, call, text, IM, browse etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riyal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gelo01
Old
Thanks Meter 217

Just to add, imo,

iOS - for people who don't care about any other stuff than to brag how they're so rich that they have an iphone. In short, hypsters.

Android - for people who are open with tweaking, experimenting, so on and so forth with their phone. In short, devs.

Sent from my HTC One S4 using xda-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gelo01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chillz88
Old
Thanks Meter 363

I m not completely sure if i would get the phone.. But if i do , the first thing i do after i switch on the phone will be to test those dual speakers at full sound and blast the room with joy

Tapatalkedddd...!!!!!
Htc one > galaxy s4 - sold >Galaxy s3 - sold> Galaxy note - sold >galaxy s2- confiscated > HTC sensation- sold > HTC desire hd - sold > galaxy s- sold`

janarp
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 990
i probably root and S-OFF it... =)
HTC One Silver (32GB)
ROM: ...

Check HERE!!
I can link you to a thread to make your signature better =)

My Themes and Mods collection thread
Inverted boot and downanimation

If I have helped you, please hit the the THANKS button!