Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,144 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][WIDGET][2.3+] GeoTask - Location Based Reminder

Tip us?

PariDevelopers
Old
(Last edited by PariDevelopers; 18th April 2014 at 11:58 PM.) Reason: Version 3.7.0
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Location [APP][WIDGET][2.3+] GeoTask - Location Based Reminder

Have you ever forgotten to do something in one place, and you were just past?
You remembered it just now that you're back home, and now you must go out again?

All this can be avoided! This is the app for you!

With GeoTask you can store your tasks and associate them to one place,
and when you passes close to it, GeoTask will warn you and remind you of what to do there!

Record your activities including what you have to do, where you have to do it, before which date and the alert range you prefer: after you have turn on the GeoTask notification service you don't have to do nothing!

GeoTask will alert you when you will be near one of your specified place!

★ Community's reviews ★

"...the interface has been studyed very well..."[TuttoAndroid] (http://goo.gl/vSj6A) (in Italian)

"...GeoTask can be extremely useful in so many different scenarios and occasions..." [XDA-Developers] (http://goo.gl/iwoSk)

★ User's reviews ★

"Very nice.i found what i am looking for.its super great application" (Asif Khan)
"Great app works well very accurate" (Roger Hicks)
"Great app, simply and usefull" (Alessio Silvetti)

Geotask specifications:
possibility to record most used place, so you don't have to search them everytime on map;
search a place by its address;
GPS navigation to a place or to a task previously recorder (using Google Navigator);
tasks's icon which represents it's expiration date (default: Red: it expires within day; Yellow: it expires within one week; Green: it expires in more than 1 week);
Possibility to change the parameters for the urgency of the activities;
Tabs and swipe interface for quick and easy use;
Custom alert ringtone;
Expandable notification (Android 4.1+)
4x3 interactive widget showing recorded activities;
4x2 interactive scrollable widget showing recorder activities (available only on Android 3.x and superior).

Want more features, want to remove ads? Install GeoTask Pro!

At a really small price, GeoTask Pro unlocks the folowing features:

possibility to specify the start and/or the end hour of a task, in order to get notified in a precise time range
possibility to specify the days of the week in which the task is active
synching with Google Calendar(Android 4+)
no Ads!

Available in Italian, English, French, Spanish and German languages!

Contact us and stay up to date on new developments by visiting our Facebook or Google+ pages!

WARNING: On some devices do not function the "search by address", we are providing a fix, but it looks like a bug in the latest version of Google Android. Please do not leave low ratings for this reason. We hope that it will be solved as soon as possible. Try rebooting your device, in some cases, this simple action solves the problem!

Link to PlayStore: http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...t.pari.geotask
Link to PlayStore to GeoTask Pro: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ri.geotask.pro

Please feel free to report bugs, considerations, ideas, and ask for new features!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reach us on our social network pages!

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pari-...30617077117435
Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/b/1148213971...22852858/posts

Google+ BETA Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/...07579157098160
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PaRiDevelopers

Youtube video to let you know GeoTask: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhXr4PwljuA

WARNING: On some devices do not function the "search by address", we are providing a fix, but it looks like a bug in the latest version of Google Android. Please do not leave low ratings for this reason. We hope that it will be solved as soon as possible. Try rebooting your device, in some cases, this simple action solves the problem!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Help us to translate GeoTask to other languages: http://os1gpor.oneskyapp.com/collaboration

How to use GeoTask? Read below for some simple instructions:

GeoTask allows you to associate an activity to a place, and moreover, if the place is used often, you can save it for future use.

When you open the app you will find 5 buttons with icons:

- Add new task: tap it to insert a new task to be carried out, in which you specify a name, a description, an expiration date, the place where you have to carry it out (selectable from the map or from a saved location) and the radius of alert (in meters), choosing from the preset values (if you want better accuracy you must also use the GPS positioning);

- Show saved tasks: Displays saved tasks in the app, nearby ones, expired ones, completed ones and also allows you to edit and delete them;

- Insert new place: tap it to insert a new place to do activities, you must enter a name, a description, and select a location from the map;

- Show saved places: Displays the saved places in the app and allows you to edit and delete them;

- Enable notification: tap it to activate GeoTask notifications, and from that moment on, GeoTask will alert you for your to-do tasks! You can disable it at any time if you do not want to be disturbed by simply touching it again.

GeoTask, you will remember anything!

Changelog:

Version 3.7.0
- Possibility to select favorite language
- More selectable alert ranges
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qrcode.png
Views:	457
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	1749184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-18-11-57-07.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	2202513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-18-11-54-51.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	2202514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-18-11-55-01.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	2202515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-18-14-01-07.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	2202516  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-18-11-55-07.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	2202518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-18-14-01-36.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2202519  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PariDevelopers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SammiSaysHello
Old
(Last edited by SammiSaysHello; 24th February 2013 at 12:20 AM.)
XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter 1,566
looks pretty useful. I'll check it out

edit: just a suggestion, but maybe add a quick tutorial explaining how the app works and how to use it
Want your work on the XDA Portal? Msg me

The Following User Says Thank You to SammiSaysHello For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kamaliqwan
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Wow pretty good idea..will try this

Thanks mate
HĄMMRHAD
DRiDKĄNG BRCKĘD KRNL

RĄŻRG
SLMKĄT ELĘMĘNTĄLX KRNL
The Following User Says Thank You to kamaliqwan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

donverse
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I like this idea, but I do have an idea how to make it even better:

Would it be possible to include a method to determine the position based on the antennas (don't know how to explain it better in english), just like llama does it? (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ab.Llama&hl=en) Surely this would only work on places that you have taught the program before, but for this an integration with Llama would be like the absolute amazing dream! So it would drain no battery at all and it would be enough for me, to be reminded of sth when I'm at work or at home.

I like the concept and the idea though!
If I helped you, click the "Thanks" button! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to donverse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PariDevelopers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman2131 View Post
looks pretty useful. I'll check it out

edit: just a suggestion, but maybe add a quick tutorial explaining how the app works and how to use it
Thank you for your support!

Your suggestion is good, we will insert a tutorial in the next version! Thank you again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamaliqwan View Post
Wow pretty good idea..will try this

Thanks mate
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donverse View Post
I like this idea, but I do have an idea how to make it even better:

Would it be possible to include a method to determine the position based on the antennas (don't know how to explain it better in english), just like llama does it? (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama&hl=en) Surely this would only work on places that you have taught the program before, but for this an integration with Llama would be like the absolute amazing dream! So it would drain no battery at all and it would be enough for me, to be reminded of sth when I'm at work or at home.

I like the concept and the idea though!
Thank you for your idea..we will investigate into it and try to make your suggestion real

Jubei71
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Think the idea of polling cell towers and using those as location IDs works well in highly built up cities. I've just installed the app and will give a try for the next few days! Thanls.
Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9300
The Following User Says Thank You to Jubei71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jojoost
Old
Thanks Meter 239
I would like to provide Dutch translations!! Please contact me through PM if interested!
press Thanks if I helped/made you laugh/think of something!!
MY CURRENT DEVICES
-Google Samsung Nexus S i9023 -> Rooted
-Apple iPad 2 32GB WiFi -> Jailbroken

MY RETIRED DEVICES
none
The Following User Says Thank You to jojoost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PariDevelopers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoost View Post
I would like to provide Dutch translations!! Please contact me through PM if interested!
We appreciate your support, we have sent you a PM!

jojoost
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Default Re: [APP][WIDGET][2.3+] GeoTask - Location Based Reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariDevelopers View Post
We appreciate your support, we have sent you a PM!
Replied it
press Thanks if I helped/made you laugh/think of something!!
MY CURRENT DEVICES
-Google Samsung Nexus S i9023 -> Rooted
-Apple iPad 2 32GB WiFi -> Jailbroken

MY RETIRED DEVICES
none

sinfondo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It looks like you're missing a translation for Abbrechen (cancel?)?