Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Semi bricked

OP jac0b

23rd February 2013, 04:37 AM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Flag san fran california
Thanks Meter: 448
 
1,146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Have you tried upping the voltage
23rd February 2013, 04:43 AM   |  #22  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 969
 
948 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b

I did the S-OFF then I installed the elemental kernel on cleanrom 3.17. Thats when I started to notice the phone was sluggish and the battery percentage was not moving from 77%. So I came home and restored my phone back to stock and still had the same issue.

If you can still get into recovery, there is still a chance to flash the right firmware. Did you manually flash the recovery kernel over the elemental one? The higher hboot requires boot images flashed separately
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3.
23rd February 2013, 05:04 AM   |  #23  
Junior Member
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 8
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester

If you can still get into recovery, there is still a chance to flash the right firmware. Did you manually flash the recovery kernel over the elemental one? The higher hboot requires boot images flashed separately
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3.

If Jacob have s-off he dont need to flash the boot.img in newer hboots...
23rd February 2013, 05:05 AM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Flag san fran california
Thanks Meter: 448
 
1,146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester

If you can still get into recovery, there is still a chance to flash the right firmware. Did you manually flash the recovery kernel over the elemental one? The higher hboot requires boot images flashed separately
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3.

No offense but please read of what's going on ..
23rd February 2013, 05:13 AM   |  #25  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 969
 
948 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens

No offense but please read of what's going on ..

He just said he restored it to stock. ??
I'm Out.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
23rd February 2013, 01:21 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edgewater, FL
Thanks Meter: 252
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
I will try flashing the elemental kernel again and make sure my voltage it right later today and will update this thread.
24th February 2013, 05:14 AM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edgewater, FL
Thanks Meter: 252
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b

I will try flashing the elemental kernel again and make sure my voltage it right later today and will update this thread.

I flashed the elemental kernel with cleanrom and it seems to be working ok still sluggish but my battery still shows 77%.

CleanRom 3.17
Elemental Kernel 5.0:
850 min volts, Sleep2wake, No GPU OC, Disable FS sync
Last edited by jac0b; 24th February 2013 at 02:57 PM.
26th February 2013, 01:22 PM   |  #28  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I believe I found a fix...
So I tried everything to find a fix for this. I had the same exact situation as OP. My phone was very sluggish and battery would stay constant at 77%. I also had a QHSUSB_DLOAD a few months ago.

I flashed 1.85 and 2.20 RUU's, different roms, and kernels. I even factory reset in bootloader, which wipe my entire SD Card. I relocked and unlocked bootloader. The final time combo I tried hard bricked. So I was again lucky that I was able to recover using it with the unbricking_evita method but I never completed the final step because it went into the black HTC screen. When I went into bootloader, I was back to S-ON. I then went into recovery and saw my percentage had change. So at this point I really believed that S-OFF did somehow did this. (I know that I am going to get flamed for this but this is my opinion. I know how much work was put into S-OFF and am grateful that is has been accomplished. I know the devs worked very hard achieve this.)

I wanted to test out if anything else could have affected this. I S-OFF'd after flashing Viper and ElementalX and the battery went back up to 77%. I reverted back to S-ON using "fastboot oem writesecureflag3" and the battery went to the correct percentage.

I might have thought that not completing the final step in the unbricking_evita process could have done this. I dd the partition backup (bakp4) using "dd if=/sdcard/bakp4 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4" and performed S-OFF again and same results. I reverted back to S-On and all is well.

I replicated the issue 3 different times trying to see if S-OFF wasn't the issue and each time S-ON fixed the problem. Again, I praise the devs for accomplishing this and mean no disrespect in any way.
The Following User Says Thank You to fl1p1slander For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 03:54 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edgewater, FL
Thanks Meter: 252
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl1p1slander

So I tried everything to find a fix for this. I had the same exact situation as OP. My phone was very sluggish and battery would stay constant at 77%. I also had a QHSUSB_DLOAD a few months ago.

I flashed 1.85 and 2.20 RUU's, different roms, and kernels. I even factory reset in bootloader, which wipe my entire SD Card. I relocked and unlocked bootloader. The final time combo I tried hard bricked. So I was again lucky that I was able to recover using it with the unbricking_evita method but I never completed the final step because it went into the black HTC screen. When I went into bootloader, I was back to S-ON. I then went into recovery and saw my percentage had change. So at this point I really believed that S-OFF did somehow did this. (I know that I am going to get flamed for this but this is my opinion. I know how much work was put into S-OFF and am grateful that is has been accomplished. I know the devs worked very hard achieve this.)

I wanted to test out if anything else could have affected this. I S-OFF'd after flashing Viper and ElementalX and the battery went back up to 77%. I reverted back to S-ON using "fastboot oem writesecureflag3" and the battery went to the correct percentage.

I might have thought that not completing the final step in the unbricking_evita process could have done this. I dd the partition backup (bakp4) using "dd if=/sdcard/bakp4 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4" and performed S-OFF again and same results. I reverted back to S-On and all is well.

I replicated the issue 3 different times trying to see if S-OFF wasn't the issue and each time S-ON fixed the problem. Again, I praise the devs for accomplishing this and mean no disrespect in any way.

I also had to unbrick my phone using that tool. I will try what did to see if I get the same result. So it's either the unbrick tool or S-OFF. I would still post this in the S-OFF thread in case someone else has the same issue.
Thanks for e help.

Another question, is there a way to make it go into QHSUSB_DLOAD mode?
Last edited by jac0b; 26th February 2013 at 05:52 PM.
26th February 2013, 04:38 PM   |  #30  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b

I also had to unbrick my phone using that tool. I will try what did to see if I get the same result. So it's either e unbrick tool or S-OFF. I would still post this in the S-OFF thread in case someone else has the same issue.
Thanks for e help.

Another question, is there a way to make it go into QHSUSB_DLOAD mode?

I tried but it was pretty hard. All the roms have phone id checkers to prevent this.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, s-off, stuck, unbrick
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes