Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Ubuntu os

OP npesa92

21st February 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67

157 posts
Is it worth installing the developer preview with their bootstrap tool or will there be a flashable zip made soon for this so I can just do it in twrp

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 07:34 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 229

438 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npesa92

Is it worth installing the developer preview with their bootstrap tool or will there be a flashable zip made soon for this so I can just do it in twrp

There are two files you have to flash in CWM/TWRP to have it available at any time. You don't even need a computer to install and test it. Be warned, though, it's really not worth it at it's current state.
21st February 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 23

132 posts
More
Quote:

The flashable zips are in here. I haven't personally tried it yet -- internet in my country is pretty crappy.. download will take a while..

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10753850...ts/4wb3g76C8eW
21st February 2013, 08:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

157 posts
Re: Ubuntu os
Quote:
Originally Posted by omac_ranger

There are two files you have to flash in CWM/TWRP to have it available at any time. You don't even need a computer to install and test it. Be warned, though, it's really not worth it at it's current state.

Just to get everything clear, I flash the manta.zip, then the all devices.zip, and it will boot fine? As well can I just get back into twrp after to wipe and restore from nandroid backups?

Thanks in advance for the help

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 08:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag Charleroi, PA
Thanks Meter: 513

2,511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just to get everything clear, I flash the manta.zip, then the all devices.zip, and it will boot fine? As well can I just get back into twrp after to wipe and restore from nandroid backups?

The dev preview installs CWM over TWRP it seems
21st February 2013, 08:26 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 229

438 posts
More
Quote:

Flash manta, then flash the armhf, then wipe and you're good to go. That worked for me and didn't mess with my sdcard at all. (obviously it does a 'factory reset' on the device though). Backup with TWRP and you're good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724

The dev preview installs CWM over TWRP it seems

Only if you do it using the Ubuntu install method, where it flashes the .imgs over top. If you install it via CWM/TWRP then it keeps whatever recovery you have on the device.
The Following User Says Thank You to omac_ranger For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 10:31 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

157 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omac_ranger

Flash manta, then flash the armhf, then wipe and you're good to go. That worked for me and didn't mess with my sdcard at all. (obviously it does a 'factory reset' on the device though). Backup with TWRP and you're good to go.

Only if you do it using the Ubuntu install method, where it flashes the .imgs over top. If you install it via CWM/TWRP then it keeps whatever recovery you have on the device.

I flashed them both like you said, but it would just reboot my recovery when about 2/3 the way done with the armhf zip, and i tried just rebooting system but it just boots past google and sits at a black screen. Thinking i might have a bad download but nonetheless it was not a success on my end and im just back on android.

thanks anyways for the help, if anyone else hears of this issue and knows how to solve i would love to know.
23rd February 2013, 05:42 AM   |  #8  
Texas
Thanks Meter: 1

83 posts
More
Re: Ubuntu os
Does this OS allow me to run any Ubuntu program? Or is it a different system?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
23rd February 2013, 06:14 AM   |  #9  
Flag Charleroi, PA
Thanks Meter: 513

2,511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilimac02

Does this OS allow me to run any Ubuntu program? Or is it a different system?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Currently, it does not.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread