App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] Is this Good Battery Life.

22nd February 2013, 03:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 18

149 posts
More
Quick question..

I got rid of my DNA a while back because of battery life but I kinda want it back. I have a buddy trading me his DNA and he just sent me a screenshot of his usage.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...130221211.png/

Is this average? I am looking to at least get 3-4 hrs screen time on this phone.

Thanks in advance!
22nd February 2013, 03:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Naperville, IL
Thanks Meter: 27

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzvik

Quick question..

I got rid of my DNA a while back because of battery life but I kinda want it back. I have a buddy trading me his DNA and he just sent me a screenshot of his usage.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...130221211.png/

Is this average? I am looking to at least get 3-4 hrs screen time on this phone.

Thanks in advance!

I get 5-6 hours of screen time on before it's dead.
22nd February 2013, 03:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 531

2,373 posts
Re: [Q] Is this Good Battery Life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDroid5

I get 5-6 hours of screen time on before it's dead.

Same. I usually get around 5 on screen time with 12-15 off charger.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2013, 03:49 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 18

149 posts
More
Judging by the screenshot how many hours of screen time do you guys think he currently has? I might trade him his DNA is practically less than a month old.
22nd February 2013, 03:55 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 531

2,373 posts
Re: [Q] Is this Good Battery Life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzvik

Judging by the screenshot how many hours of screen time do you guys think he currently has? I might trade him his DNA is practically less than a month old.

I have absolutely no clue, nor would anyone else. If you really want to know his on screen time ask him to install gsam.

22nd February 2013, 04:09 AM   |  #6  
Flag Naperville, IL
Thanks Meter: 27

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold

I have absolutely no clue, nor would anyone else. If you really want to know his on screen time ask him to install gsam.

+1 for gsam, great app.
22nd February 2013, 05:29 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

81 posts
What does it matter what his current screen time is? Two people just told you they get 5 hours of constant screen time and 3 hours would be a bare min with hard hard gaming and tasks. For what this phone is, it does fantastic for its battery.

And if you are spending 5 hours staring at your phone you may just be an inrovert. Lets think about this, if you spend 5 hours glued to your phone, thats 20% of your day blocking off everything around you. Thats alot of things to miss out on.
22nd February 2013, 02:58 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 38

230 posts
Is that 5 hour mark achievable with just LTE and no WiFi?
22nd February 2013, 05:59 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 23

46 posts
More
I get a full day (17ish hours I am awake) with at least 3hrs screen on and will goto bed with at least 20% charge left.

edit: I also have 4g and wifi on throughout the day - never turning either of them off.
Last edited by knokfirst; 22nd February 2013 at 09:15 PM.
22nd February 2013, 08:25 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 46

216 posts
More
The battery life has a lot to do with your signal coverage.

Take this as an example. For the first few months with the phone I worked in an office with poor signal reception. I mean bad. It would be hunting for even a 1X connection on minute, then showing full bars of 4G the next, just to lose it all 10 minutes later. (It was the building, not the phone). Now I'm in a new office that has excellent 3G coverage (4G seems to come and go, I blame Verizon).

My routine is the same. Unplug at 6:30am, moderate use throughout the day. At the old office I'd be down to 30% or so by lunch (12) and if I didn't charge it I'd die around 5:30pm. At the new office I actually forget to charge it during the day sometimes. It'll last until 8pm. And that's using the phone a good amount during the day.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread