Post Reply

Ubuntu Touch for Android

23rd February 2013, 12:06 AM   |  #11  
ktetreault14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,102
 
2,749 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: Ubuntu Touch for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconStep

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/39299-[ROM][WIP]-Ubuntu-Touch-on-d2vzw-[Dev-Preview][Phantom]-[02/22/13]

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Have you tried flashing it yet?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktetreault14

Have you tried flashing it yet?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Also.. amazing

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 12:25 AM   |  #12  
BaconStep's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 1,487
 
3,201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: Ubuntu Touch for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktetreault14

Have you tried flashing it yet?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------



Also.. amazing

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

No I haven't tried. There's no data so I'm not going to anytime soon.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 05:38 AM   |  #13  
ktetreault14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,102
 
2,749 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: Ubuntu Touch for Android
Oh OK..I might try it out and report back

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktetreault14

Oh OK..I might try it out and report back

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

dling now.. will report back.. might have to flash cm10.1 kernel right?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 06:07 AM   |  #14  
zander21510's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 104
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Hoping that a multi-boot loader is developed. It would be awesome to dock this thing to a screen. and still be able to use android while mobile
23rd February 2013, 07:43 AM   |  #15  
saranhai's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Developer
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 3,330
 
4,881 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktetreault14

Oh OK..I might try it out and report back

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------



dling now.. will report back.. might have to flash cm10.1 kernel right?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

i'd suggest you not flash this right now, as it's clearly stated that the ROM is only for the Verizon Galaxy S III, d2vzw.
flashing a ROM from another phone could cause your device to hard brick.
23rd February 2013, 09:27 AM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Flag A Place called Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 37
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Re: Ubuntu Touch for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconStep

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/39299-[ROM][WIP]-Ubuntu-Touch-on-d2vzw-[Dev-Preview][Phantom]-[02/22/13]

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Nice, that means one step (or in all reality, multiple steps...) Closer to this bad mamma-Jamma on our babies. I've heard that it's not ready for daily use but I'm down for something new. Also been thinking about getting a Nexus 7 soon to try this out. Or a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for the larger screen... Still can't make up my mind...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 04:02 PM   |  #17  
BaconStep's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 1,487
 
3,201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: Ubuntu Touch for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorjira

Nice, that means one step (or in all reality, multiple steps...) Closer to this bad mamma-Jamma on our babies. I've heard that it's not ready for daily use but I'm down for something new. Also been thinking about getting a Nexus 7 soon to try this out. Or a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for the larger screen... Still can't make up my mind...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Man I wish I never sold my nexus 7. Thing was awesoms

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 05:03 PM   |  #18  
uoY_redruM's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,934
 
3,319 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: Ubuntu Touch for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by saranhai

i'd suggest you not flash this right now, as it's clearly stated that the ROM is only for the Verizon Galaxy S III, d2vzw.
flashing a ROM from another phone could cause your device to hard brick.

Technically, it's the mounting points that differ. You could go into the updater-script and modify the mount points to match our phone.

I assume it has a while sperate kernel though? (I haven't looked). If so, that would clearly be a problem too.

If nobody else has done it by tonight, I'll look it over when I get home. I'll be out all day searching fort parts for my project car.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 05:39 PM   |  #19  
Senior Member
Flag A Place called Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 37
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Re: Ubuntu Touch for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconStep

Man I wish I never sold my nexus 7. Thing was awesoms

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium


Ahhhh sorry Bacon... I did not mean to bring up a dearly departed techno-friend... I had to do the same with a PS3... D**n electric bill... Trying not to throw the thread off-course but what did you like about and and would you have put this new OS on it?
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 05:43 PM   |  #20  
ktetreault14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,102
 
2,749 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: Ubuntu Touch for Android
Well I actually tried and it failed in twrp.. the first thing flashed but not the actual rom

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy S III General by ThreadRank