Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swiftkey vs Swype

Tip us?

mike2518
Old
(Last edited by mike2518; 22nd February 2013 at 06:21 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Swiftkey vs Swype

As the title goes, which one do you guys prefer? After playing with swift today, I went back to Swype. I like it better. I am think that even the stock keyboard is nice, but the multitude Swype gestures available on Swype really make it powerful. Keep in mind that I use the Swype/flow functions in these, I almost never tap.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

dlo604
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2518 View Post
As the title goes, which one do you guys prefer? After playing with swift today, I went back to Swype. I like it better. I am think that even the stock keyboard is nice, but the multitude Swype gestures available on Swype really make it powerful. Keep in mind that I use the Swype/flow functions in these, I almost never tap.

I was using SwiftKey on my Nexus and actually bought the app well quite frankly I enjoy it more than the stock keyboard.

Also, SwiftKey has a function called 'Float' which is essentially Swype. I still don't use it, but then just love the feel of SwiftKey. Not sure if this feature is available with the free version.

mike2518
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Re: Swiftkey vs Swype

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo604 View Post
I was using SwiftKey on my Nexus and actually bought the app well quite frankly I enjoy it more than the stock keyboard.

Also, SwiftKey has a function called 'Float' which is essentially Swype. I still don't use it, but then just love the feel of SwiftKey. Not sure if this feature is available with the free version.
Yea, swiftkey flow is the feature I was talking about when comparing both.

sofia-captivate
Old
Thanks Meter 56

Nothing beats SwiftKey

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to sofia-captivate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrbkkt1
Old
Thanks Meter 98

Swiftkey on tablets, Swype on phones.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Current devices: Galaxy Note 2 Stock,Nexus 4-stock, galaxy tab 2-7, galaxy note 10.1
Previous devices:
Sensation 4G Bruce cm10 jellybean, Asus TF300, Blackberry Playbook, Nexus 1, SE Xperia x1a,HTC Kaiser,Nokia N80,Sony Ericsson W800, Nokia 9500, Motorolla MPX 300 (winmo3), and dozens more. also have an iphone 3g and ipad2 in the family.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbkkt1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glensta
Old
Thanks Meter 221

DONATE TO ME
Swift-Kizzle flizow - gets my vizote
The Following User Says Thank You to glensta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RonnieRuff
Old
Thanks Meter 823

Standard AOSP... Works fine

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!
Ronnie Ruff
Rooted Note2 on TMobile
Carbon AOSP || Sent by an Idiot with a Phablet

MrHorseWithNoName
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tend to use SwiftKey on my Nexus 7 but I'm sticking with Swype on the phone. I've been using the Swype beta since the Vibrant and it's a bit difficult to get used to different swipe gestures.

snc74
Old
Thanks Meter 82

SwiftKey Flow (now part of SwiftKey itself) is by far better keyboard than swype, than stock, than anyone. Period. The only one that maybe looks promising is fleksy, and I didn't tried yet, so by now, sk has the best word prediction, imho.

Sent from Tony's Stark stolen device!

Malevolence
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I wanna try the flow thing but I bought my swiftkey from Amazon a while ago and it's still on version 1.1.19. Anyone know if I can upgrade?