No registration required

Swiftkey vs Swype

OP mike2518

23rd February 2013, 05:47 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 3

78 posts
More
Re: Swiftkey vs Swype
I'm back on Swype. I was using Swift key flow beta until it expired yesterday. I got a notification that said swift key corrected 175 of my typos. Actually, the typos were due to swiftkey's poor predictive text I would slowly drag my thumb over N...O...T and the word "not" would be in the predictive box, but as soon as I went to E (for Note), it would change and input the word "busy" .. delete...pound out letter by letter

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
23rd February 2013, 09:22 AM   |  #12  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 4

66 posts
More
Neither I prefer Kii keyboard, I have found it to be way more intuitive

23rd February 2013, 09:25 AM   |  #13  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 51

593 posts
More
neither.... I use slideit you can resize keyboard so you can one hand slide keyboard
23rd February 2013, 10:32 AM   |  #14  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 10

71 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolence

I wanna try the flow thing but I bought my swiftkey from Amazon a while ago and it's still on version 1.1.19. Anyone know if I can upgrade?

I've had a couple of upgrades to my Amazon-bought SwiftKey, this week. Flow is now included.
The Following User Says Thank You to anyadike For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 309

1,419 posts
More
Flow is pretty awesome Better than swype IMHO.
23rd February 2013, 10:53 PM   |  #16  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 19

184 posts
More
There's a reason I've used SwiftKey since the alpha. It was the best then and it's only gotten better over time, but I don't really care for the flow/swype stuff, it's not that accurate to me. But I did just use it to type this so it's not too bad on SwiftKey

noted for future reference on my Note 2
23rd February 2013, 11:49 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 24

141 posts
I've been using the paid version of SwiftKey for a couple years on my epic 4g, also tested the flow beta on my note 2 when I migrated over. On the Note I prefer Swype, I feel it's more intuitive, and its accuracy is better hence it's faster. I tried the recent SwiftKey update on the paid version that now includes flow, but I still feel it's not as fluid or accurate as Swype. I get 3 times the amount of errors with SwiftKey that SwiftKey creates that I don't get with Swype. I could care less about which one looks better. I prefer functionality over looks.

24th February 2013, 12:27 AM   |  #18  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 78

333 posts
More
I like the numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen on the Samsung keyboard. I love the arrow keys and ten keyboard on the SwiftKey.
When it comes between Swype keyboard and SwiftKey keyboard I would choose SwiftKey. SwiftKey is better in choosing the right words and has more features than Swype.
The only thing I would like to see in SwiftKey keyboard is numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen. Then SwiftKey would be the most perfect keyboard.

Summary of Devices

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889)
Android Version: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Build: JRO03C.T889UVALL4 (Rooted)
Root Method: mrRobinson injected root stock rom
Superuser: SuperSu Pro v1.0
Busybox: Busybox v1.20.2

Device: Motorola DROID X
Android Version: 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Build: 4.5.605.Accurate_Battery (Rooted)
The Following User Says Thank You to JaguarXT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 01:36 AM   |  #19  
Flag Clarksville
Thanks Meter: 125

715 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarXT

I like the numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen on the Samsung keyboard. I love the arrow keys and ten keyboard on the SwiftKey.
When it comes between Swype keyboard and SwiftKey keyboard I would choose SwiftKey. SwiftKey is better in choosing the right words and has more features than Swype.
The only thing I would like to see in SwiftKey keyboard is numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen. Then SwiftKey would be the most perfect keyboard.

Kii keyboard has the swype like functions, plus the top number keys and a great user dictionary. At the end of the day, it's my daily driver. Ymmv.
24th February 2013, 01:38 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 908

2,127 posts
I like the stock Samsung keyboard. It has the swype feature.. Why download another app that does essentially the same thing?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread