FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Swiftkey vs Swype

545 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By mike2518, Senior Member on 22nd February 2013, 05:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd February 2013, 04:47 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Re: Swiftkey vs Swype
I'm back on Swype. I was using Swift key flow beta until it expired yesterday. I got a notification that said swift key corrected 175 of my typos. Actually, the typos were due to swiftkey's poor predictive text I would slowly drag my thumb over N...O...T and the word "not" would be in the predictive box, but as soon as I went to E (for Note), it would change and input the word "busy" .. delete...pound out letter by letter

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

23rd February 2013, 08:22 AM |#12  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Neither I prefer Kii keyboard, I have found it to be way more intuitive

23rd February 2013, 08:25 AM |#13  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 51

More
neither.... I use slideit you can resize keyboard so you can one hand slide keyboard
23rd February 2013, 09:32 AM |#14  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolence

I wanna try the flow thing but I bought my swiftkey from Amazon a while ago and it's still on version 1.1.19. Anyone know if I can upgrade?

I've had a couple of upgrades to my Amazon-bought SwiftKey, this week. Flow is now included.
The Following User Says Thank You to anyadike For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 08:19 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Flow is pretty awesome Better than swype IMHO.
23rd February 2013, 09:53 PM |#16  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 20

More
There's a reason I've used SwiftKey since the alpha. It was the best then and it's only gotten better over time, but I don't really care for the flow/swype stuff, it's not that accurate to me. But I did just use it to type this so it's not too bad on SwiftKey

noted for future reference on my Note 2
23rd February 2013, 10:49 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I've been using the paid version of SwiftKey for a couple years on my epic 4g, also tested the flow beta on my note 2 when I migrated over. On the Note I prefer Swype, I feel it's more intuitive, and its accuracy is better hence it's faster. I tried the recent SwiftKey update on the paid version that now includes flow, but I still feel it's not as fluid or accurate as Swype. I get 3 times the amount of errors with SwiftKey that SwiftKey creates that I don't get with Swype. I could care less about which one looks better. I prefer functionality over looks.

23rd February 2013, 11:27 PM |#18  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 78

More
I like the numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen on the Samsung keyboard. I love the arrow keys and ten keyboard on the SwiftKey.
When it comes between Swype keyboard and SwiftKey keyboard I would choose SwiftKey. SwiftKey is better in choosing the right words and has more features than Swype.
The only thing I would like to see in SwiftKey keyboard is numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen. Then SwiftKey would be the most perfect keyboard.

Summary of Devices

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889)
Android Version: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Build: JRO03C.T889UVALL4 (Rooted)
Root Method: mrRobinson injected root stock rom
Superuser: SuperSu Pro v1.0
Busybox: Busybox v1.20.2

Device: Motorola DROID X
Android Version: 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Build: 4.5.605.Accurate_Battery (Rooted)
The Following User Says Thank You to JaguarXT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 12:36 AM |#19  
Flag Clarksville
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarXT

I like the numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen on the Samsung keyboard. I love the arrow keys and ten keyboard on the SwiftKey.
When it comes between Swype keyboard and SwiftKey keyboard I would choose SwiftKey. SwiftKey is better in choosing the right words and has more features than Swype.
The only thing I would like to see in SwiftKey keyboard is numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen. Then SwiftKey would be the most perfect keyboard.

Kii keyboard has the swype like functions, plus the top number keys and a great user dictionary. At the end of the day, it's my daily driver. Ymmv.
24th February 2013, 12:38 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 975

More
I like the stock Samsung keyboard. It has the swype feature.. Why download another app that does essentially the same thing?
24th February 2013, 12:52 AM |#21  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double0EK

I like the stock Samsung keyboard. It has the swype feature.. Why download another app that does essentially the same thing?

I agree to a point.
The only thing missing in the Samsung keyboard that I use is Arrow keys and when typing only numbers I like ten key. But otherwise I do like the Samsung's keyboard for GN2.
Mainly I use the arrow keys within SwiftKey keyboard that keeps me coming back to the SwiftKey keyboard. For me that is an important feature for a keyboard. I always miss the right spot with my big fingers.

Summary of Devices

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889)
Android Version: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Build: JRO03C.T889UVALL4 (Rooted)
Root Method: mrRobinson injected root stock rom
Superuser: SuperSu Pro v1.0
Busybox: Busybox v1.20.2

Device: Motorola DROID X
Android Version: 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Build: 4.5.605.Accurate_Battery (Rooted)

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread