24th February 2013, 12:52 AM   |  #21  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 78

332 posts
More
Re: Swiftkey vs Swype
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double0EK

I like the stock Samsung keyboard. It has the swype feature.. Why download another app that does essentially the same thing?

I agree to a point.
The only thing missing in the Samsung keyboard that I use is Arrow keys and when typing only numbers I like ten key. But otherwise I do like the Samsung's keyboard for GN2.
Mainly I use the arrow keys within SwiftKey keyboard that keeps me coming back to the SwiftKey keyboard. For me that is an important feature for a keyboard. I always miss the right spot with my big fingers.

Summary of Devices

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889)
Android Version: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Build: JRO03C.T889UVALL4 (Rooted)
Root Method: mrRobinson injected root stock rom
Superuser: SuperSu Pro v1.0
Busybox: Busybox v1.20.2

Device: Motorola DROID X
Android Version: 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Build: 4.5.605.Accurate_Battery (Rooted)
24th February 2013, 03:47 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 21

311 posts
Had anyone been able to install the latest version of swift key

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 07:53 AM   |  #23  
Flag Mililani
Thanks Meter: 104

1,074 posts
More
Best thing about swiftkey, is on my note 10, it's an awesome keyboard. No more typing 3's and 8's when I want e's and o's. They keep the number row hidden, and I can fly typing on the tablet.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #24  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double0EK

I like the stock Samsung keyboard. It has the swype feature.. Why download another app that does essentially the same thing?

The same reason why a person would Root their phone? Because it's better and improves the overall usage of a person's phone?
5th March 2013, 06:45 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 20

181 posts
Swype is a better slider
I bought swiftkey4 last week, and was impressed with flow, and loved how I could change the long press times to get numbers and punctuation faster than on Swype (it frustrates me that I can't do that on Swype)....

....but I went back to Swype within 40 minutes, because I have grown dependent on the swype gesture shortcuts for "select-all", "copy" and "paste." These are essential and, according to Google, SwiftKey doesn't have those, which to me means I just donated $2 to some awesome programmers who might add those shortcuts to SwiftKey one day.

....both are excellent pieces of technology, but I find Swype a better slider, but when/if swiftkey gets those shortcuts I'll test it again.
6th March 2013, 01:17 AM   |  #26  
Flag Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks Meter: 23

80 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've been using TouchPal for months and like it the most.

6th March 2013, 01:20 AM   |  #27  
Flag Mililani
Thanks Meter: 104

1,074 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo71

I bought swiftkey4 last week, and was impressed with flow, and loved how I could change the long press times to get numbers and punctuation faster than on Swype (it frustrates me that I can't do that on Swype)....

....but I went back to Swype within 40 minutes, because I have grown dependent on the swype gesture shortcuts for "select-all", "copy" and "paste." These are essential and, according to Google, SwiftKey doesn't have those, which to me means I just donated $2 to some awesome programmers who might add those shortcuts to SwiftKey one day.

....both are excellent pieces of technology, but I find Swype a better slider, but when/if swiftkey gets those shortcuts I'll test it again.

Exact reason why I use Swype on the note 2 and swiftkey on the note 10. Typing and weird recognition is better in swift key, and stopping and gestures rule Swype.

12th May 2013, 10:01 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 1

97 posts
Swype vs. SwiftKey

SwiftKey:
-Predicts future words based on context and user language style it learns.
- can string multiple words without you entering spaces, or lets you swipe the space.
-Auto adds words to dictionary when selected.
-shows you what it's guessing as you swipe so you can lift early to improve typing speed.
-more accurate tapping

Swype:
-Gives you choices after you swype a word so you don't have to go back to the word to correct if it is wrong on its first pick
-more accurate swiping

All in all I like swift key better for its numerous advantages. Despite not getting choices after swyping in a word, it usually knows what I am saying so I rarely need to go back to correct a word anyway.
13th May 2013, 03:44 PM   |  #29  
Can you swipe now with both thumbs at the same time with Swype or Swiftkey?
I am using Keymonk and it allows you to do that but I really dont like their keyboard layout compared to Swiftkey or Samsung's default kb.
13th May 2013, 09:08 PM   |  #30  
Flag Youngstown
Thanks Meter: 120

667 posts
I sometimes miss the numbers option on stock keyboard, but the word prediction is amazing with SwiftKey and flow is just as good.

Paid 4 bucks and gladly so.

Fancy pants Note ||

The Following User Says Thank You to JesseMT4G For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread