Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

[Q] help! think i bricked my tf700

OP prasse

22nd February 2013, 08:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
help im in trouble, i went from parandroid rom to do a nandroid recovery to clean rom and now my dear tf700 wont boot up i get the asus loading screen and thats it, i cant go into recovery either....what i can do is get into an option screen that i havent seen before where i can wipe ( dosenīt help) or connect with usb, but that dosent do anything... please help im getting desperate here :S
22nd February 2013, 05:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 277

3,091 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasse

help im in trouble, i went from parandroid rom to do a nandroid recovery to clean rom and now my dear tf700 wont boot up i get the asus loading screen and thats it, i cant go into recovery either....what i can do is get into an option screen that i havent seen before where i can wipe ( dosenīt help) or connect with usb, but that dosent do anything... please help im getting desperate here :S

How long did you let it sit on the Asus screen?
Which recovery and version?

I've seen my tablet take 45 minutes to boot on older versions of TWRP after a ROM flash.
This hasn't happened for quite a while however.
22nd February 2013, 08:47 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,132

11,644 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is really important - which version of the bootloader are you on and which version of which recovery do you have installed?
23rd February 2013, 09:00 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

This is really important - which version of the bootloader are you on and which version of which recovery do you have installed?

Ye gave it a couple of hours The first time, and The custom recovery is twrp of goomannager so gotta be one of The newer version, can't rememeber The excat version however :s
23rd February 2013, 12:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,465 posts
Quote:

Ye gave it a couple of hours The first time, and The custom recovery is twrp of goomannager so gotta be one of The newer version, can't rememeber The excat version however :s

Do yo usee ANY number flying about giving any indication as to what bootloader you're on? sbdags made an important point -- you'll need a current bootloader version to get the more recent ROMs working.

Oh, and ehh... please use interpunction -- you know, periods and commas and stuff. It makes a sentence that much more readable and understandable.
23rd February 2013, 01:07 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
okay im on twrp 2.4.0.1.... but i canīt enter the recovery mode
23rd February 2013, 03:42 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor

11,644 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

okay im on twrp 2.4.0.1.... but i canīt enter the recovery mode

When you reboot with power and volume down it tells you the bootloader version in the top left. What is it?
23rd February 2013, 11:04 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:

When you reboot with power and volume down it tells you the bootloader version in the top left. What is it?

thats just the thing, i donīt get the normal bootloader, instead i get a messeage saying " os will cold boot in 10 secs" and option to either wipe data or start fastboot usb download protocol"

but the last option doesenīt really do anything.
23rd February 2013, 11:15 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor

11,644 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thats just the thing, i donīt get the normal bootloader, instead i get a messeage saying " os will cold boot in 10 secs" and option to either wipe data or start fastboot usb download protocol"

but the last option doesenīt really do anything.

Sounds like you are on the ICS bootloader which means you have probably bricked your tablet unfortunately.
23rd February 2013, 11:29 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:

Sounds like you are on the ICS bootloader which means you have probably bricked your tablet unfortunately.

the jellybean 4.1 was official if i remember correctly, however the "upgrade" to 4.2 was through the parandroid rom. But how would i have updatede my bootloader then?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread