Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] help! think i bricked my tf700

OP prasse

23rd February 2013, 11:38 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,127

11,640 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasse

the jellybean 4.1 was official if i remember correctly, however the "upgrade" to 4.2 was through the parandroid rom. But how would i have updatede my bootloader then?

The old ICS bootloader used to give some text first when booting with volume down and then you hit volume up to get some options.

The new JB bootloader gives 4 icons when booting with volume down held. It also tells you the bootloader version

From what you described it sounds like the old ICS bootloader. But of course I could be completely wrong as I can't see your screen.

Without you giving versions it is impossible to say what you have done but if you have done a reset from the bootloader (you said you have) and you are on the wrong recovery then you have likely bricked your device. Usually it was done with JB bootloader and an older version of TWRP. As you have said you were on 2.4.1.0(??) I'm not sure as you haven't detailed your bootloader.

Do you still have fastboot available? I.e., when you select it does it say starting fastboot?
24th February 2013, 12:01 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 277

3,091 posts
Quote:

okay im on twrp 2.4.0.1.... but i canīt enter the recovery mode

How do you know you're on TWRP if you can't get into recovery?
24th February 2013, 08:37 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

The old ICS bootloader used to give some text first when booting with volume down and then you hit volume up to get some options.

The new JB bootloader gives 4 icons when booting with volume down held. It also tells you the bootloader version

From what you described it sounds like the old ICS bootloader. But of course I could be completely wrong as I can't see your screen.

Without you giving versions it is impossible to say what you have done but if you have done a reset from the bootloader (you said you have) and you are on the wrong recovery then you have likely bricked your device. Usually it was done with JB bootloader and an older version of TWRP. As you have said you were on 2.4.1.0(??) I'm not sure as you haven't detailed your bootloader.

Do you still have fastboot available? I.e., when you select it does it say starting fastboot?

okay thank you for the explanation, but no i dont have fastboot avaliable.... got the same screen as before.

24th February 2013, 08:42 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
ngionla appearance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK

How do you know you're on TWRP if you can't get into recovery?

well i got those previously two mentioned options.....if i take the wipe option, it automatiaclly enters the custom recovery and starts wiping, however im not in control, and canīt do anything while it wipes.
24th February 2013, 06:08 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 277

3,091 posts
Quote:

well i got those previously two mentioned options.....if i take the wipe option, it automatiaclly enters the custom recovery and starts wiping, however im not in control, and canīt do anything while it wipes.

Is there any way you could in some way put up a picture of the screen on the tablet?
When you mention "wiping" is that a system wipe or do you know if it is the eMMC (sd0) wipe?

Wish there was a way to see your tabs boot\recovery screen.

Is it anything like the above image?
24th February 2013, 09:50 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK

Is there any way you could in some way put up a picture of the screen on the tablet?
When you mention "wiping" is that a system wipe or do you know if it is the eMMC (sd0) wipe?

Wish there was a way to see your tabs boot\recovery screen.

Is it anything like the above image?

Ye almost the excat same, i Can upload a picture when i get home... But no i dont know the difference between, your mentioned wipes sorry :s..
24th February 2013, 10:08 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,127

11,640 posts
Donate to Me
More
If it looks like that what happens when you push volume up on the RCK icon?
24th February 2013, 11:24 PM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

If it looks like that what happens when you push volume up on the RCK icon?

see thats the difference, i only got the two last icons wipe and usb : /
25th February 2013, 12:32 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,465 posts
That sounds like you do not have any recovery available. If you connect the tablet to the computer via SUB and pick the USB option, what happens?
25th February 2013, 12:52 AM   |  #20  
Flag Kaunas, LTU
Thanks Meter: 55

26 posts
Isn't the fastboot built into the bootloader? It should be always possible to recover if you can get to the recovery select screen and select fastboot, shouldn't it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread