5,596,235 Members 36,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC keeps effing up with the button layout, why not go with on screen buttons?

Tip us?

Chad_Petree
Old
(Last edited by Chad_Petree; 23rd February 2013 at 02:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 158
Default Re: HTC keeps effing up with the button layout, why not go with on screen buttons?

To solve this losing work space complain, they could make made a phone with 5" screen like the butterfly and still get 4.8" real state .

OK some of you don't like on screen buttons but are you actually saying you prefer to not have a multitasking button ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mouzaihem
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: HTC keeps effing up with the button layout, why not go with on screen buttons?

There is a multitask button my friend, you just double tap the home button and you get a slicker cleaner multitasking UI.

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 2

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1284

DONATE TO ME
No issue with multitasking. My real issue is how would we deal with games or apps that utilizes full screen window and requires the menu button. I don't think that 3dot menu would be available on games

fracture8
Old
Thanks Meter 17

And the survey says.... It's clear that a small teeny tiny group of people actually feel like those on screen buttons that clearly take up real estate are some how cool or useful lol, low the person who started this forum Ctfu... Good day everyone

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Eggcake
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Default AW: HTC keeps effing up with the button layout, why not go with on screen buttons?

I couldn't care less about the missing button. All of the functionality is there. 1 day and you used to it. And from what i have seen, the double tap is extremely responsive.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

alioth
Old
Thanks Meter 5
One reason I like capacitive buttons a lot is the posibility to use S2W.
When I have the phone on the table I use this all of the time with HOX+

No posibility to do this with on screen buttons.

CreepyDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
No issue with multitasking. My real issue is how would we deal with games or apps that utilizes full screen window and requires the menu button. I don't think that 3dot menu would be available on games
You get an on-screen bar containing a 3 dots menu

Eggcake
Old
Thanks Meter 107
For the last time: you can DISABLE THIS BAR by enabling long-press back for menu on the One.

CrazyTechnoBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 131

I would much rather have a three button layout (the third one being a dedicated menu button), but this two button layout isn't preventing me from buying it in anyway.

Android for Life <3

NiCk.JaY
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTechnoBoy View Post
I would much rather have a three button layout (the third one being a dedicated menu button), but this two button layout isn't preventing me from buying it in anyway.

I don't think it will take more than a day to get used to it!