Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[DownANIMATION][02.24.13] HTC quietly brilliant, Flames, Beats and gif previews!

OP boushidosan

22nd February 2013, 12:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Belton
Thanks Meter: 32

35 posts
More
Credit for instructions goes to jonno95, without him I wouldnt have become inspired enough to make this!

Instructions:

1. On your phone using a root explorer navigate to /system/customize/resource and rename the original downanimation.zip (just in case you want to easily go back to it)

2. Copy the new downanimation.zip to your phone then using root explorer copy it to /system/customize/resource and make sure the permissions are like the original. rw r-- r-- I believe.

(alternate step 2) (pointed out by stillthisguy) If you have ViperDNA by nit then you can go into Venom Tweaks>Advanced>Custom downanimation. It will find all of your .zip files and you just choose the one you want to use.

The first request is done and attached. (be sure and rename to downanimation.zip or hTC_downanimation.zip, et cetera)

Goodies:
link to gif preview:

link to downanimation.zip files
Green Pyre

CRT turning off

RED Pyre

beats by dre

Quote from this thread about enhancing shutdown animation's framerate:
Find /system/customize/CID/default.xml and edit it with es file manager, near the bottom you'll see:

<ShutdownAnimation image_png="/system/customize/resource/hTC_downanimation.zip" image="" fps="30" />

Now you just change the number next to the fps to whatever frame rate per second you want, and you can designate what zip name it uses, mine is hTC_downanimation.zip.
Exit, Saving changes, and hold-click or w/e to open the options submenu over the file default.xml, and change its permissions to rw r-- r--

Profit!

I take requests. I have a version where the HTC logo fades in to picture too if someone wants that as well.
Last edited by boushidosan; 24th February 2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: added Red Pyre per request.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to boushidosan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 02:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 120

237 posts
That's super cool! thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to jonno95 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 02:56 PM   |  #3  
South Central, while drinking my juice in the hood
Thanks Meter: 541

283 posts
Donate to Me
Very nice!
The Following User Says Thank You to Crackanug For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 05:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Panama City Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 63

165 posts
Looks sweet!
The Following User Says Thank You to remag6383 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 10:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 11

54 posts
Re: [ANIMATION] HTC quietly brilliant Green Pyre edition downanimation.zip and gif
Looks great! Any possibility of doing the crt down animation?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
22nd February 2013, 10:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Belton

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegtke

Looks great! Any possibility of doing the crt down animation?

What is CRT?
22nd February 2013, 10:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 788

1,803 posts
Donate to Me
Re: [ANIMATION] HTC quietly brilliant Green Pyre edition downanimation.zip and gif
Cathode Ray Tube. It's an animation that supposed to look like an old TV. Most Motorola Droids have it when you turn off the screen. I miss it, it's too bad we can't hack framework-res.apk on sense to get that effect.

Sent from my ViperDNA using Tapatalk 2
22nd February 2013, 10:56 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 11

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boushidosan

What is CRT?

From the thunderbolt days. Someone modified it for the rez also. Basically it looks like a crt screen of white noise or snow and fades in to a white dot in the center of the screen and goes black full screen. Like the old cathode ray tube television and monitors used to when you turned them off. (Showing my age a little here). Lol.
Someone even modified it for screen off transition for the tbolt on some roms from another site.

The Following User Says Thank You to tegtke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 11:01 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Belton

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegtke

From the thunderbolt days. Someone modified it for the rso ialso. Basically it looks like a crt screen of white noise or snow and fades in to a white dot in the center of the screen and goes black full screen. Like the old cathode ray tube television and monitors used to when you turned them off. (Showing my age a little here). Lol.
Someone even modified it for screen off transition for the tbolt on some roms from another site.

I actually have a spare thunderbolt. Can anyone point in the direction to this so i can see what it looks like
23rd February 2013, 02:52 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 21

196 posts
I can't get this to work for some reason. Ive put the file in system/customize/resource and fixed permissions to rw,r,r and its just black. I've renamed the original to .bak and I've even moved it to the sd card so the custom one is the only one in the resource folder. Ive put the original one back and it works fine just can't get the custom one to work

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
animation droid dna green pyre
Previous Thread Next Thread