OP scotty1223

22nd February 2013, 09:17 PM   |  #11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 50

103 posts
Re: [how to]reset your lock status flag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykarsis

I'm assuming that as long as you are s–off, there is no need to have an unlocked bootloader?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

If you have a SHIP hboot, then unlock will allow you access to more fastboot commands. If you have an ENG hboot, then there isn't a need for unlock. With s-off, lock/unlock status can always be changed when necessary.

Sent from my ViperROM HTC Droid DNA
The Following User Says Thank You to CastleBravo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 10:02 PM   |  #12  
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 110

470 posts
More
Thanks a lot it worked. Is there also a similar method to get rid of the **Tampered** badge?
22nd February 2013, 10:03 PM   |  #13  
Flag Los Angeles

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLKirk

Thanks a lot it worked. Is there also a similar method to get rid of the **Tampered** badge?

This will be reset when you flash a new hboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to CastleBravo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 10:11 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 15

125 posts
So help me understand this... I still am on the stock SHIP HBOOT and I have the tampered and unlocked badge with s-off. If I want I can use the lock zip and it will lock my bootloader and clear the badges but I will be able to continue to flash and mod my phone with radios and what not as i am now? sorry if this sounds repetitive just trying to get a good understanding before i flash anything...
Last edited by gwallers; 22nd February 2013 at 10:14 PM.
22nd February 2013, 10:24 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,476

2,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallers

So help me understand this... I still am on the stock SHIP HBOOT and I have the tampered and unlocked badge with s-off. If I want I can use the lock zip and it will lock my bootloader and clear the badges but I will be able to continue to flash and mod my phone with radios and what not as i am now? sorry if this sounds repetitive just trying to get a good understanding before i flash anything...

If you Lock it and still have S-OFF you should be able to still flash stuff like radios but im not 100% certain
22nd February 2013, 10:26 PM   |  #16  
Flag Los Angeles

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallers

Stock, locked hboot with s-off: not all fastboot commands will be available (mostly radio related), but you can still flash roms etc as normal.

Stock, unlocked hboot with s-off: bootloader will allow more fastboot commands, but still not as much as an engineering hboot.

ENG hboot, unlocked or locked, with s-off: all fastboot commands are available, and there's nothing it will prevent you from doing. ENG hboot doesn't care about locked or unlocked status.

With s-off, the locked/unlocked status can be changed any time if you change your mind. The tampered flag will be reset if you flash another hboot.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CastleBravo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 07:00 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 28

193 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleBravo

This will be reset when you flash a new hboot.

I flashed to the ENG hboot then back to the ship hboot and my **tampered** flag came back when I flashed back to the ship hboot. Do I have to be locked for it to stay gone?

Last edited by bsSkunkApe; 23rd February 2013 at 07:08 AM.
23rd February 2013, 07:33 AM   |  #18  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 92

781 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsSkunkApe

I flashed to the ENG hboot then back to the ship hboot and my **tampered** flag came back when I flashed back to the ship hboot. Do I have to be locked for it to stay gone?

I think the **tampered** flag also reflects you having a custom recovery.. if you flashed the stock recovery that *should* go away.. but with stock recovery you can't do anything fun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazarus2297 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 11:01 AM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,417

2,339 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsSkunkApe

That's a new one on me. Never seen tampered come back while s off. Maybe it has something to.do with the eng signed hboot. Flash an older ship hboot,then back to the current one.

If that doesn't work,make a backup,run an ruu,reinstall recovery,restore backup.

Every s off phone I own is unlocked and not tampered,so unless DNA is different you don't need to be locked or stock recovery to keep it gone.

Just make sure you understand that in your quest for a tamper free hboot,that your phone will not function without a bootloader. As such,changing them out will always carry a degree of risk,no matter how careful you are. I'm not an advocate of messing with bootloaders or radios for no real reason.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 05:16 PM   |  #20  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,476

2,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

That's a new one on me. Never seen tampered come back while s off. Maybe it has something to.do with the eng signed hboot. Flash an older ship hboot,then back to the current one.

If that doesn't work,make a backup,run an ruu,reinstall recovery,restore backup.

Every s off phone I own is unlocked and not tampered,so unless DNA is different you don't need to be locked or stock recovery to keep it gone.

Just make sure you understand that in your quest for a tamper free hboot,that your phone will not function without a bootloader. As such,changing them out will always carry a degree of risk,no matter how careful you are. I'm not an advocate of messing with bootloaders or radios for no real reason.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using xda app-developers app

Are you on a stock kernel

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread