[how to]reset your lock status flag

Tip us?

CastleBravo
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Default Re: [how to]reset your lock status flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykarsis View Post
I'm assuming that as long as you are s–off, there is no need to have an unlocked bootloader?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
If you have a SHIP hboot, then unlock will allow you access to more fastboot commands. If you have an ENG hboot, then there isn't a need for unlock. With s-off, lock/unlock status can always be changed when necessary.

Sent from my ViperROM HTC Droid DNA
HTC Sensation
The Following User Says Thank You to CastleBravo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RLKirk
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Thanks a lot it worked. Is there also a similar method to get rid of the **Tampered** badge?

CastleBravo
Old
Thanks Meter 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLKirk View Post
Thanks a lot it worked. Is there also a similar method to get rid of the **Tampered** badge?
This will be reset when you flash a new hboot.

HTC Sensation
The Following User Says Thank You to CastleBravo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gwallers
Old
(Last edited by gwallers; 22nd February 2013 at 09:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
So help me understand this... I still am on the stock SHIP HBOOT and I have the tampered and unlocked badge with s-off. If I want I can use the lock zip and it will lock my bootloader and clear the badges but I will be able to continue to flash and mod my phone with radios and what not as i am now? sorry if this sounds repetitive just trying to get a good understanding before i flash anything...

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallers View Post
So help me understand this... I still am on the stock SHIP HBOOT and I have the tampered and unlocked badge with s-off. If I want I can use the lock zip and it will lock my bootloader and clear the badges but I will be able to continue to flash and mod my phone with radios and what not as i am now? sorry if this sounds repetitive just trying to get a good understanding before i flash anything...
If you Lock it and still have S-OFF you should be able to still flash stuff like radios but im not 100% certain

CastleBravo
Old
Thanks Meter 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallers View Post
Stock, locked hboot with s-off: not all fastboot commands will be available (mostly radio related), but you can still flash roms etc as normal.

Stock, unlocked hboot with s-off: bootloader will allow more fastboot commands, but still not as much as an engineering hboot.

ENG hboot, unlocked or locked, with s-off: all fastboot commands are available, and there's nothing it will prevent you from doing. ENG hboot doesn't care about locked or unlocked status.

With s-off, the locked/unlocked status can be changed any time if you change your mind. The tampered flag will be reset if you flash another hboot.

HTC Sensation
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CastleBravo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bsSkunkApe
Old
(Last edited by bsSkunkApe; 23rd February 2013 at 06:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleBravo View Post
This will be reset when you flash a new hboot.

I flashed to the ENG hboot then back to the ship hboot and my **tampered** flag came back when I flashed back to the ship hboot. Do I have to be locked for it to stay gone?

Current Devices:
HTC ONE (M8) | Verizon
Sony Xperia Tablet Z >> Locked | Rooted | Stock 4.2.2 | Build-10.3.1.C.0.136

--Old Phones-------------------
HTC Droid DNA >> CPU Binned: FAST | S-OFF | TWRP Recovery 2.7 | Cyanogenmod 11 | crpalmer's CM kernel
HTC Vivid | WCX Illuminati AT&T ICS Sense 3.6 New MOD ROM
HTC Tilt 2
HTC Fuze

lazarus2297
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsSkunkApe View Post
I flashed to the ENG hboot then back to the ship hboot and my **tampered** flag came back when I flashed back to the ship hboot. Do I have to be locked for it to stay gone?

I think the **tampered** flag also reflects you having a custom recovery.. if you flashed the stock recovery that *should* go away.. but with stock recovery you can't do anything fun
John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazarus2297 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scotty1223
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1898

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsSkunkApe View Post

That's a new one on me. Never seen tampered come back while s off. Maybe it has something to.do with the eng signed hboot. Flash an older ship hboot,then back to the current one.

If that doesn't work,make a backup,run an ruu,reinstall recovery,restore backup.

Every s off phone I own is unlocked and not tampered,so unless DNA is different you don't need to be locked or stock recovery to keep it gone.

Just make sure you understand that in your quest for a tamper free hboot,that your phone will not function without a bootloader. As such,changing them out will always carry a degree of risk,no matter how careful you are. I'm not an advocate of messing with bootloaders or radios for no real reason.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using xda app-developers app
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers(<-this means do not PM me questions)
donate to my device fund
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty1223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1359

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223 View Post
That's a new one on me. Never seen tampered come back while s off. Maybe it has something to.do with the eng signed hboot. Flash an older ship hboot,then back to the current one.

If that doesn't work,make a backup,run an ruu,reinstall recovery,restore backup.

Every s off phone I own is unlocked and not tampered,so unless DNA is different you don't need to be locked or stock recovery to keep it gone.

Just make sure you understand that in your quest for a tamper free hboot,that your phone will not function without a bootloader. As such,changing them out will always carry a degree of risk,no matter how careful you are. I'm not an advocate of messing with bootloaders or radios for no real reason.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using xda app-developers app
Are you on a stock kernel

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app