5,593,587 Members 38,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note 2 thru Sprint thru Amazon wireless?

Tip us?

antisouless
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy Note 2 thru Sprint thru Amazon wireless?

It's 70$ with a plan thru Sprint. Sprint would offer unlimited data with no caps and unlimited texting for about 70 or 80 bucks a month.

So my question is(if you've gotten one thru this method)...
How is Sprint?
Is there a catch?

boonemeat
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisouless View Post
It's 70$ with a plan thru Sprint. Sprint would offer unlimited data with no caps and unlimited texting for about 70 or 80 bucks a month.

How is Sprint?
Is there a catch?
I just got one yesterday matter of fact. Sprint seems great and the fact that they still offer unlimited data is awesome. Switched from AT&T

mr pnut
Old
Thanks Meter 336

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Galaxy Note 2 thru Sprint thru Amazon wireless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisouless View Post

How is Sprint?
Is there a catch?
Im currently on sprint unlimited plan $70 the only thing is they only give you 400min land line and everything else unlimited but I really dont care about land line I dont really call out, so your bill would be $85 every month.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

t4d73
Old
Thanks Meter 456

Yeah Ups delivered mine on Tuesday from Amazon. I absolutely love this thing. It was an upgrade from my epic touch so it cost me $199 which is still not bad considering Sprint sells them for $299. Well worth it. It's so awesome compared to what I'm used to in a phone. My e4gt was nice but you just can't compare the two at all really. Been with Sprint for 15 yrs too and no complaints.

sekigah84
Old
Thanks Meter 427

DONATE TO ME
The phone is great. Sprint on the other hand, maybe not so much. Sprint is known to be slow. HORRIBLY Slow 3G. If you aren't in a LTE area, I would weight this heavily.

If you have access to a lot of WIFI points where you normally go around, its not bad. Im in NYC. Speeds are horribly slow sometimes. Othertimes, they are manageable. By horribly slow, I mean less than 500kbps. Its more like 1X than 3G.

When you go to network vision areas (upgraded 3G / LTE areas) you do see a speed boost, somewhere around 800 kbps to about 1.3 mbps. Still probably slow or just reaching Verizon 3G speeds.

The only perk is unlimited data no throttling or caps (except roaming).
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - I'm loving it.
Sprint Framily ID: e00191220Pg

Don't forget to thank those who helped you with a click of that button over there.
The Following User Says Thank You to sekigah84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JamesChilds
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Keep in mind, Best Buy price matches Amazon. I bought my GN2 with Add a line price from Amazon Wireless. Walked out the same day, I hate to wait.

yankees45us
Old
Thanks Meter 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekigah84 View Post
The phone is great. Sprint on the other hand, maybe not so much. Sprint is known to be slow. HORRIBLY Slow 3G. If you aren't in a LTE area, I would weight this heavily.

If you have access to a lot of WIFI points where you normally go around, its not bad. Im in NYC. Speeds are horribly slow sometimes. Othertimes, they are manageable. By horribly slow, I mean less than 500kbps. Its more like 1X than 3G.

When you go to network vision areas (upgraded 3G / LTE areas) you do see a speed boost, somewhere around 800 kbps to about 1.3 mbps. Still probably slow or just reaching Verizon 3G speeds.

The only perk is unlimited data no throttling or caps (except roaming).
I agree. In weighing leaving sprint, selling my note 2 and getting the s4 on tmobile. I will give them 2-4 months to improve

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

budde2
Old
Thanks Meter 328

Great deivce the best on the market worth every penny got mine from sprint at full price coming from S3 and ibcould never have anyother phone again. Looks like my next device will be the Note 3 lol

yankees45us
Old
Thanks Meter 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by budde2 View Post
Great deivce the best on the market worth every penny got mine from sprint at full price coming from S3 and ibcould never have anyother phone again. Looks like my next device will be the Note 3 lol

Mine will be the note 3 if the size stays the same. If it gets bigger I will get the htc one or s4. I will probably sell my note 2 and get the s4 or hyc one on tmo if lte for Sprint is not in my area yet

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

LaDoyers
Old
(Last edited by LaDoyers; 25th February 2013 at 01:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 99
For those who have Costco memberships, I believe you get a 23% discount on your sprint bill monthly for the primary line. I work at a hospital that only gives 18% discount, better than nothing.

Link to sprint site to check if you're eligible to receive discounts.
http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/dev/wdyw.asp