LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Galaxy Note 2 thru Sprint thru Amazon wireless?

OP antisouless

22nd February 2013, 12:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
It's 70$ with a plan thru Sprint. Sprint would offer unlimited data with no caps and unlimited texting for about 70 or 80 bucks a month.

So my question is(if you've gotten one thru this method)...
How is Sprint?
Is there a catch?
22nd February 2013, 05:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 108

199 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisouless

It's 70$ with a plan thru Sprint. Sprint would offer unlimited data with no caps and unlimited texting for about 70 or 80 bucks a month.

How is Sprint?
Is there a catch?

I just got one yesterday matter of fact. Sprint seems great and the fact that they still offer unlimited data is awesome. Switched from AT&T
22nd February 2013, 05:27 PM   |  #3  
CALI
Thanks Meter: 390

1,095 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Galaxy Note 2 thru Sprint thru Amazon wireless?
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisouless

How is Sprint?
Is there a catch?

Im currently on sprint unlimited plan $70 the only thing is they only give you 400min land line and everything else unlimited but I really dont care about land line I dont really call out, so your bill would be $85 every month.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2013, 05:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 494

2,288 posts
Yeah Ups delivered mine on Tuesday from Amazon. I absolutely love this thing. It was an upgrade from my epic touch so it cost me $199 which is still not bad considering Sprint sells them for $299. Well worth it. It's so awesome compared to what I'm used to in a phone. My e4gt was nice but you just can't compare the two at all really. Been with Sprint for 15 yrs too and no complaints.

22nd February 2013, 08:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 431

772 posts
Donate to Me
More
The phone is great. Sprint on the other hand, maybe not so much. Sprint is known to be slow. HORRIBLY Slow 3G. If you aren't in a LTE area, I would weight this heavily.

If you have access to a lot of WIFI points where you normally go around, its not bad. Im in NYC. Speeds are horribly slow sometimes. Othertimes, they are manageable. By horribly slow, I mean less than 500kbps. Its more like 1X than 3G.

When you go to network vision areas (upgraded 3G / LTE areas) you do see a speed boost, somewhere around 800 kbps to about 1.3 mbps. Still probably slow or just reaching Verizon 3G speeds.

The only perk is unlimited data no throttling or caps (except roaming).
The Following User Says Thank You to sekigah84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 09:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Lakeland
Thanks Meter: 72

239 posts
Donate to Me
More
Keep in mind, Best Buy price matches Amazon. I bought my GN2 with Add a line price from Amazon Wireless. Walked out the same day, I hate to wait.
22nd February 2013, 10:27 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 91

509 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekigah84

The phone is great. Sprint on the other hand, maybe not so much. Sprint is known to be slow. HORRIBLY Slow 3G. If you aren't in a LTE area, I would weight this heavily.

If you have access to a lot of WIFI points where you normally go around, its not bad. Im in NYC. Speeds are horribly slow sometimes. Othertimes, they are manageable. By horribly slow, I mean less than 500kbps. Its more like 1X than 3G.

When you go to network vision areas (upgraded 3G / LTE areas) you do see a speed boost, somewhere around 800 kbps to about 1.3 mbps. Still probably slow or just reaching Verizon 3G speeds.

The only perk is unlimited data no throttling or caps (except roaming).

I agree. In weighing leaving sprint, selling my note 2 and getting the s4 on tmobile. I will give them 2-4 months to improve

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!
24th February 2013, 11:12 PM   |  #8  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 329

2,045 posts
More
Great deivce the best on the market worth every penny got mine from sprint at full price coming from S3 and ibcould never have anyother phone again. Looks like my next device will be the Note 3 lol

25th February 2013, 05:47 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 91

509 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by budde2

Great deivce the best on the market worth every penny got mine from sprint at full price coming from S3 and ibcould never have anyother phone again. Looks like my next device will be the Note 3 lol

Mine will be the note 3 if the size stays the same. If it gets bigger I will get the htc one or s4. I will probably sell my note 2 and get the s4 or hyc one on tmo if lte for Sprint is not in my area yet

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!
25th February 2013, 01:05 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 102

96 posts
For those who have Costco memberships, I believe you get a 23% discount on your sprint bill monthly for the primary line. I work at a hospital that only gives 18% discount, better than nothing.

Link to sprint site to check if you're eligible to receive discounts.
http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/dev/wdyw.asp
Last edited by LaDoyers; 25th February 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread