5,598,233 Members 47,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Crazy battery stats

Tip us?
 
GOTFrogqc
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 146
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal
Default Re: Crazy battery stats

I get a minimum of 7hrs of screen time with auto brightness on. Stock and rooted.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
 
twanskys204
Old
#12  
twanskys204's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 956
Posts: 1,857
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: winnipeg
Default Re: Crazy battery stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorQMM View Post
I generally get 9-10hrs "screen-on" time... with about 30hrs on charge. I posted this (link below) earlier in the week, as I finally topped 11hrs "screen-on" time with 25hr on charge.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5286

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5297


CleanROM v4.5 (MA8), stock kernel(MA8), stock battery, TASKER, Inverted Apps, LUX Auto Brightness.
+1

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
 
azturbomini
Old
#13  
azturbomini's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 1,062
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: Crazy battery stats

I'm curious to know how the battery holds up to someone actually making a lot of calls on their phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
 
Bsmith0731
Old
#14  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 420
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Re: Crazy battery stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by azturbomini View Post
I'm curious to know how the battery holds up to someone actually making a lot of calls on their phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Ive used up to 2 hours and I can only push 4 hours of screen time.

I'd love to know what they are doing to get 9 hours plus.


Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Skynote 8.1 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock
 
azturbomini
Old
#15  
azturbomini's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 1,062
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: Crazy battery stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith0731 View Post
Ive used up to 2 hours and I can only push 4 hours of screen time.

I'd love to know what they are doing to get 9 hours plus.


Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Skynote 8.1 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock
Thanks for the reply. As a heavy business user making and receiving 40+ calls a day (a lot of them 20 minutes plus) is why I ask. I have the HTC ONE XL on AT&T now and I burn through the battery by mid afternoon and with no removable battery it's very inconvenient to say the least. I've been thinking about buying the note 2 because of it's battery size and thinking it could be more productive because of it's screen size and software for documents etc...

Thanks again :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to azturbomini For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
twanskys204
Old
#16  
twanskys204's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 956
Posts: 1,857
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: winnipeg
Default Re: Crazy battery stats

Hahaha if you are using HTC just come on over you will not be disappointed. ..my word

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
 
walie
Old
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 308
Join Date: May 2007
Google Now on?
All Location services on?
Edge? 3G? LTE? Wifi?
Screen brightness?

Google now and the location services in google maps are HUGE battery users, but I never see if people use them or not. All these 7h, 1day battery life people are NEVER on LTE as seen in their screen shots, its ALWAYS Wifi (which uses less battery) or i don't even see a data indicator at all.

All these variables makes these battery claims baseless. Case in point: my roomate turns off data on her Galaxy Ace II, she gets 6 days battery life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to walie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bsmith0731
Old
#18  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 420
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Re: Crazy battery stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by walie View Post
Google Now on?
All Location services on?
Edge? 3G? LTE? Wifi?
Screen brightness?

Google now and the location services in google maps are HUGE battery users, but I never see if people use them or not. All these 7h, 1day battery life people are NEVER on LTE as seen in their screen shots, its ALWAYS Wifi (which uses less battery) or i don't even see a data indicator at all.

All these variables makes these battery claims baseless. Case in point: my roomate turns off data on her Galaxy Ace II, she gets 6 days battery life.
Absolutely.

I'm a power user

I have my phone in my hand all day.

I also use maps and navigation often it's rare for me to get over 4 hours of screen time.

I'm also on LTE.

I guess under the perfect conditions this phone could get 10 hours. I've never done it though.

Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Skynote 8.1 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock
 
azturbomini
Old
#19  
azturbomini's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 1,062
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: Crazy battery stats

I appreciate you guys chiming in. I have everything running full blast in the background as I don't want to have to manually turn stuff on and off as I use it. I'm just too busy to deal with it. After having a phone that I can't swap batteries in, the note 2 may be the ticket.


Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
 
azturbomini
Old
#20  
azturbomini's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 1,062
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: Crazy battery stats

Wanna see pathetic? I'm at the drag races with my son. Been texting and have taken a few pictures. No apps running wild in the background.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361644651446.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1754811  

The Following User Says Thank You to azturbomini For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes