Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Crazy battery stats

OP thegoob

23rd February 2013, 08:16 PM   |  #21  
Brava27's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 154
 
868 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Re: Crazy battery stats
That's because you guys are very light users. USE your phone and you'll see how the battery life dwindles.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Brava27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 12:00 AM   |  #22  
Member
Flag Northern Virginia Area
Thanks Meter: 15
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Re: Crazy battery stats
Never mind me, I'm not thinking straight, sorry about that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 03:19 AM   |  #23  
OP Member
Flag Nanty Glo
Thanks Meter: 6
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walie

Google Now on?
All Location services on?
Edge? 3G? LTE? Wifi?
Screen brightness?

Google now and the location services in google maps are HUGE battery users, but I never see if people use them or not. All these 7h, 1day battery life people are NEVER on LTE as seen in their screen shots, its ALWAYS Wifi (which uses less battery) or i don't even see a data indicator at all.

All these variables makes these battery claims baseless. Case in point: my roomate turns off data on her Galaxy Ace II, she gets 6 days battery life.

Location services on,full screen brightness,hsdpa:11,and wifi,and google now on
24th February 2013, 04:16 AM   |  #24  
godfirst's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere Giving God All The Glory!
Thanks Meter: 1,171
 
4,123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: Crazy battery stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brava27

That's because you guys are very light users. USE your phone and you'll see how the battery life dwindles.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

Agree, heavy usage with LTE and wifi drains the battery crazy. Can barely make it to 5hr of screen on with LTE,phone calls, wifi, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godfirst For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 06:57 AM   |  #25  
Member
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 13
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Re: Crazy battery stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith0731

Ive used up to 2 hours and I can only push 4 hours of screen time.

I'd love to know what they are doing to get 9 hours plus.


Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Skynote 8.1 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock

Same. I usually get 4.30 or so but I suppose sitting at 2-3 bars causes a lot of drain when it is searching for a stronger signal

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taphius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 10:50 AM   |  #26  
cortez.i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag north texas
Thanks Meter: 225
 
1010
2,387 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azturbomini

I'm curious to know how the battery holds up to someone actually making a lot of calls on their phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

first 3 pictures are not a typical day for me, but still good considering i was in an area of town with poor signal strength (relative to my home). the second three were in an area that had better signals, but i got hammered with about 150 emails for the day and had to respond to about one-third of them.. nonetheless, battery continues to perform well for my usage patterns.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-24 03.39.53.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1756474   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-24 03.40.04.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1756475   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-24 03.40.20.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1756476   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-22 00.57.16.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1756477   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-22 00.57.26.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	1756478   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-22 00.57.39.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1756479  
Last edited by cortez.i; 24th February 2013 at 10:53 AM.
24th February 2013, 10:59 AM   |  #27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by azturbomini

Wanna see pathetic? I'm at the drag races with my son. Been texting and have taken a few pictures. No apps running wild in the background.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

If I'm reading that screenshot right then your phone has been held awake for 2 hours when the screen has been on for only 30 minutes. Definitely an app running wild, or something's broken. Your phone was awake almost 2/3 of the time when the screen was OFF. What does the system battery stats say is using the most? Use something like better battery stats to track down the wakelock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brava27

That's because you guys are very light users. USE your phone and you'll see how the battery life dwindles.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

You're still going to get about the same amount of screen time per charge whether you USE your phone continuously for 8 hours or a mix of use/idle time for like 20 hours. Someone with light usage will probably lose hours of screen on time just to auto sync.
Last edited by simonxliu; 24th February 2013 at 11:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to simonxliu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 12:34 PM   |  #28  
Mad383Max's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
804 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Re: Crazy battery stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by walie

Google Now on?
All Location services on?
Edge? 3G? LTE? Wifi?
Screen brightness?

Google now and the location services in google maps are HUGE battery users, but I never see if people use them or not. All these 7h, 1day battery life people are NEVER on LTE as seen in their screen shots, its ALWAYS Wifi (which uses less battery) or i don't even see a data indicator at all.

All these variables makes these battery claims baseless. Case in point: my roomate turns off data on her Galaxy Ace II, she gets 6 days battery life.

Well not going to get in a big debate but just because it shows wifi on doesn't mean it is connected and being used.

Here is a run on Lte only. Google now on. Location services on. Push on Gmail and exchange account. Auto brightness on set to half. This was on stock rooted and self debloat ed rom. I do not use any social apps so they are bloat to me and removed.

Signal strength is a biggger battery killer that a lot of people don't realize. Fortunately I have good signal most of the day.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361705477381.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1756645   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361705493724.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1756647   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361705525795.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1756648  
24th February 2013, 03:10 PM   |  #29  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Re: Crazy battery stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez.i

first 3 pictures are not a typical day for me, but still good considering i was in an area of town with poor signal strength (relative to my home). the second three were in an area that had better signals, but i got hammered with about 150 emails for the day and had to respond to about one-third of them.. nonetheless, battery continues to perform well for my usage patterns.

Nice..

Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Skynote 7 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad383Max

Well not going to get in a big debate but just because it shows wifi on doesn't mean it is connected and being used.

Here is a run on Lte only. Google now on. Location services on. Push on Gmail and exchange account. Auto brightness on set to half. This was on stock rooted and self debloat ed rom. I do not use any social apps so they are bloat to me and removed.

Signal strength is a biggger battery killer that a lot of people don't realize. Fortunately I have good signal most of the day.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon

That's a good two days in my opinion.

Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Skynote 7 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to Bsmith0731 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 05:41 PM   |  #30  
azturbomini's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
1,065 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Re: Crazy battery stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonxliu

If I'm reading that screenshot right then your phone has been held awake for 2 hours when the screen has been on for only 30 minutes. Definitely an app running wild, or something's broken. Your phone was awake almost 2/3 of the time when the screen was OFF. What does the system battery stats say is using the most? Use something like better battery stats to track down the wakelock.



You're still going to get about the same amount of screen time per charge whether you USE your phone continuously for 8 hours or a mix of use/idle time for like 20 hours. Someone with light usage will probably lose hours of screen on time just to auto sync.

This is pretty typical of what's running in the background.
Also, I reflashed my Rom and started with a clean slate lastnight.
Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361724015355.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1757218   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361724033268.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1757219  
Last edited by azturbomini; 24th February 2013 at 05:43 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes