Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[REQ] Remove "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" Tool

OP drumz0rz

22nd February 2013, 05:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46

216 posts
More
Is it possible / advisable to remove the "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" tool? I think that's what's triggering the OTA update. I see it running every now and then. I'd feel more comfortable with it off my phone.
22nd February 2013, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,477

2,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumz0rz

Is it possible / advisable to remove the "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" tool? I think that's what's triggering the OTA update. I see it running every now and then. I'd feel more comfortable with it off my phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2149417

this is what you want to do... and yes you can remove the Remote Diagnosis tool too
Last edited by .torrented; 22nd February 2013 at 05:51 PM.
22nd February 2013, 06:02 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,483

3,666 posts
Donate to Me
Re: [REQ] Remove "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" Tool
I kill off anything like that and its never been a problem. If its running on its own sometimes it will help your battery life too when you get rid of it.

Sent from my DNA... S-Off like a baws
The Following User Says Thank You to CharliesTheMan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 01:35 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2,975

1,918 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

My kernel disables this service and I still received the OTA so I don't think it is related.
23rd February 2013, 05:02 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2,032

4,196 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The tool cannot be used without a security key tech support provides when activated.

As a tech agent for big red, I've only used it a couple times when customers have no clue how to use their phones. In those instances, its a pricesless tool!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by MicroMod777; 23rd February 2013 at 05:05 AM.
24th February 2013, 05:07 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,283

5,314 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMod777

The tool cannot be used without a security key tech support provides when activated.

As a tech agent for big red, I've only used it a couple times when customers have no clue how to use their phones. In those instances, its a pricesless tool!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a cool tool would love it if I could use it from my desktop. If I could use a RDP from my home computer that would be sweet. I personally delete it from the ROM that and the other files mentioned in post above.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread