Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

My phone is constantly rebooting

OP veebomb

22nd February 2013, 06:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener, ON
Thanks Meter: 37

218 posts
More
I'm having a very strange issue with my device right now. Basically whenever I flash any custom ROM I end up in a boot loop. It started last night after I flashed a couple of CM10 based ROMs and then tried to revert back to Skynote which is touchwiz based. I was able to fix it by using Odin and flashing the stock Rogers ROM .tar file. That fixed everything and stock was running fine all night with no reboots or issues. This morning I did a fresh download of the ROM rebooted to TWRP wiped cache *2, Formatted system *2 and factory reset *2, installed the ROM and rebooted. I should mention I am using TWRP version 2.4.1.0. The ROM usually loads for about 1-2 mins then reboots and repeats over and over. Does anyone have any ideas? I've even formatted the internal and external storage. I did notice there is one folder on my internal SD card that I cannot seem to remove called Z and has a LMT.apk and another folder with wallpapers in it. I cannot delete or remove this folder as it keeps saying the folder is write protected. Even after formatting the internal storage that folder remains which makes me wonder if my SD card is screwed up.

Sorry for the long post but I am running out of ideas and don't want to be stuck on Stock. What could be causing this? I've tried flashing a new kernel from TWRP and still the same results, I've even tried different ROMs just in case but still the same results. The only thing that seemed to work so far was the stock ROM via Odin.
22nd February 2013, 06:27 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener, ON

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veebomb

I'm having a very strange issue with my device right now. Basically whenever I flash any custom ROM I end up in a boot loop. It started last night after I flashed a couple of CM10 based ROMs and then tried to revert back to Skynote which is touchwiz based. I was able to fix it by using Odin and flashing the stock Rogers ROM .tar file. That fixed everything and stock was running fine all night with no reboots or issues. This morning I did a fresh download of the ROM rebooted to TWRP wiped cache *2, Formatted system *2 and factory reset *2, installed the ROM and rebooted. I should mention I am using TWRP version 2.4.1.0. The ROM usually loads for about 1-2 mins then reboots and repeats over and over. Does anyone have any ideas? I've even formatted the internal and external storage. I did notice there is one folder on my internal SD card that I cannot seem to remove called Z and has a LMT.apk and another folder with wallpapers in it. I cannot delete or remove this folder as it keeps saying the folder is write protected. Even after formatting the internal storage that folder remains which makes me wonder if my SD card is screwed up.

Sorry for the long post but I am running out of ideas and don't want to be stuck on Stock. What could be causing this? I've tried flashing a new kernel from TWRP and still the same results, I've even tried different ROMs just in case but still the same results. The only thing that seemed to work so far was the stock ROM via Odin.

I should probably add that I was coming from Android 4.2.2 and want to get back on 4.1.2
22nd February 2013, 06:52 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veebomb

Do you have SD Card adapter for the computer? If so, try removing the card from the phone, then plug it into the computer and formatting it that way. For the ROM boot loop issue, try flashing a stock ROM using ODIN, then using whatever method you like the most to flash the ROM you want to use.
22nd February 2013, 07:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener, ON

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderx2000

Do you have SD Card adapter for the computer? If so, try removing the card from the phone, then plug it into the computer and formatting it that way. For the ROM boot loop issue, try flashing a stock ROM using ODIN, then using whatever method you like the most to flash the ROM you want to use.

I'm now pretty certain its a bootloader issue as I'm downgrading from Android 4.2.2 to 4.2.1 but thanks.
22nd February 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #5  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,042

9,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
take your external sd card out and see what happens
22nd February 2013, 07:54 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener, ON

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

take your external sd card out and see what happens

I wiped everythign 2x and then I flashed the file you posted in the other thread and removed my SD card but still getting reboots. Should my SD card be called sdcard0 still in my files?
22nd February 2013, 08:00 PM   |  #7  
Flag Outside of Chicago

9,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
yes, your card will still be called sdcard0

take your external card out completely, and see if the phone still boot loops
22nd February 2013, 08:16 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener, ON

218 posts
More
Quote:

yes, your card will still be called sdcard0

take your external card out completely, and see if the phone still boot loops

It still loops. This is crazy, when I used Odin to go back to stock it was working ok but everythin else has made it bootloop. I can try using Odin again when I get home and see if the restore SD card file works then. Does anything have to be done to the bootloader?
22nd February 2013, 08:23 PM   |  #9  
Flag Outside of Chicago

9,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
no, don't mess with the bootloader; you will probably brick it if you do

go back to stock via odin for a day or 2, and make sure its not the hardware itself..
22nd February 2013, 08:31 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener, ON

218 posts
More
Quote:

no, don't mess with the bootloader; you will probably brick it if you do

go back to stock via odin for a day or 2, and make sure its not the hardware itself..

So its not like moving back to ICS from jellybean where you had to flash a new bootloader?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread