Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My phone is constantly rebooting

Tip us?

PsyCl0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Default Re: My phone is constantly rebooting

Op you're on Rogers right? Make sure that you have the Skynote without the new modem.

~PsyCl0ne

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsyCl0ne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

veebomb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyCl0ne View Post
Op you're on Rogers right? Make sure that you have the Skynote without the new modem.

~PsyCl0ne

yes I am on Rogers, sorry but how can I tell that?
Samsung S5 Rogers G900W8

wase4711
Old
Thanks Meter 3,556

DONATE TO ME
I don't think I have flashed a new bootloader more than once in the last 6 or7 years, on an htc evo4g..

you should not ever have to do that on this phone
HTC One M8
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...

ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS SO LAME - IF YOU DESERVE ONE, YOU'LL GET ONE..

veebomb
Old
(Last edited by veebomb; 23rd February 2013 at 01:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by veebomb View Post
yes I am on Rogers, sorry but how can I tell that?
oh wait I think I see what you're refering to. I wonder how many different mistakes I have actually made durring this fiasco of mine.... I'll give that a try when I get home and post back
Samsung S5 Rogers G900W8

PsyCl0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by veebomb View Post
oh wait I think I see what you're refering to. I wonder how many different mistakes I have actually made durring this fiasco of mine.... I'll give that a try when I get home and psot back
Okay I'm out right now but I'll check in every once in a while.

~PsyCl0ne

floykoe
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Default Same here

I am having the same exact problem you are veeboom. It's not boot-looping because it actually lets me into the phone for about one minute; then it reboots. I have tried everything that you have tried, right along with you and result is nil. It won't stay on for more than a minute. The only difference is that I am just trying to get Roger's Clean Stock ROM working. It sounds like you have accomplished that and are trying to get a custom going. I have tried Odin flashing 3 times; once without the sd card. I am pretty sure SD card is not the issue. I have wiped this phone at least 5 times (everything except the the extSdCard (AKA sdcard1).

I am going to see if I can find some other posts on this problem and will let you know if I finally find a fix. Hope you will do the same.

veebomb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Happy to report the end of the boot loop!

Although I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it was caused by an incompatible modem file I flashed over and over...

Thanks for everyone's help.
Samsung S5 Rogers G900W8

PsyCl0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by floykoe View Post
I am having the same exact problem you are veeboom. It's not boot-looping because it actually lets me into the phone for about one minute; then it reboots. I have tried everything that you have tried, right along with you and result is nil. It won't stay on for more than a minute. The only difference is that I am just trying to get Roger's Clean Stock ROM working. It sounds like you have accomplished that and are trying to get a custom going. I have tried Odin flashing 3 times; once without the sd card. I am pretty sure SD card is not the issue. I have wiped this phone at least 5 times (everything except the the extSdCard (AKA sdcard1).

I am going to see if I can find some other posts on this problem and will let you know if I finally find a fix. Hope you will do the same.
You should have started your own thread but can you give us a run down of what you did prior to having the boot loop?

~PsyCl0ne

floykoe
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Battery Low Things just got worse

I have have the phone for about two months. A week ago I rooted it with Samsung Note II tool box and everything was fine, until I found out that there were these "custom ROMs" available. So I flash one, but it was unstable. I flashed liquid smooth; same thing, then I tried a few ROMS that were a little more mature, but their were always things I could not live with (like no blue tooth or apps crashing). I also found out what a boot loop was all about. It sucked, but the forums help me get it fixed. Now I am tried of messing with all these custom ROMs and I just want my old reliable system back, with root. Currently I am trying to get Roger's CleanROM AT&T Special Edition 1.2 working again (with I believe I started with). I have been unable to remedy boot loops that happen about every minute. I have flashed, wiped (everything), unrooted, re-rooted, flashed with Odin, flashed core kernel via odin per instructions, called it bad names and threatened it; then said I was sorry. I have repeated all these things many times, including with and without the extSdCard. SD card does not seem to be the issue. I am still looking for more things to try. Just now it has started refusing to boot at all. I gets to the boot screen and gets stuck.

I am trying to find out more about how to use ADB to re-partition upon stock ROM flash. You know anything about that? I have been at this all day.

veebomb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
It sounds like you may have done the same thing I did which was flash an incompatible modem file. My suggestion would be for you to use Odin and flash back to the Rogers Stock ROM. It's easy and takes less than 10 minutes.

Basic instructions,
1. Download and unzip Odin
2. Put your phone in download mode (turn off your phone, and press the buttons together: vol down + home + power for a few seconds)
3. Run Odin then hit PDA button on the right side, then find and choose the firmware file you downloaded to be flashed.
4. Make sure your device is recognized in Odin3 (The ID: COM box near the top left part of the Odin program should go yellow once you connect your phone)
5. Make sure re-partition in NOT checked
6.Press Start to initiate flashing
7. Once finished your device should automatically reboot. You may need/want to do a factory reset which will wipe all your data and you would be back to the way your first got your phone. Enter into recovery mode by turning off your phone and next press the three buttons simultaneously: volume up + home + power. After getting into recovery, select Wipe/Factory reset.
8. Reboot

You are now stock 100%

Here is a link to download Odin,
http://www.mediafire.com/?x4356fnc1ge48hf

Here is a link to the Rogers stock ROM you flash with Odin,

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/180165074/...2_RWC.zip.html

Here is a link to a guide with some instructions and a few pictures,

http://www.andromods.com/unroot-lock...with-odin.html
Samsung S5 Rogers G900W8